Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Home Landscaping: Mid-Atlantic Region (Home Landscaping)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 30, 2001
This book is a wonderful resource. The book is full of design ideas shown in site plans, 3-D renderings, and with great close up photos of the flowers, shrubs, and trees. Many designs are shown in each season and in a progression of how it will look in three to five years and then in ten to fifteen years. I found this book to be very helpful in designing flower beds, in picking plantings, and in knowing how to care for each planting.
on May 12, 1999
I am new to gardening and I am have cleared out my backyard, I had no idea what I was doing or what kind of plants to put where until I read this book. It also has good ideas for building patios... great illustrations too!
on November 23, 2000
I'm not under 13, but I didn't want to give my name and email.
This book is great. It takes advantage of some great underused native plants from the Mid Atlantic. It is very helpful because it provides plant spacing and maintenance. Most plants are low maintenance, all year interest.
I have used the landscape plans in my yard and will continue to use this book as my number one reference.
We moved from Texas to Central Virginia in 2001, and my wife purchased this book to help us get the property of our new-to-us house in shape.

This book covers design and installation while providing specific information on many of the types of plants that are native to the region. It has very nice pictures of design and layout ideas that are easy to incorporate into your design, if you desire, and provides a hint of what they will look like over time.

Very helpful and easy to read. Recommended.
on August 11, 2014
I did not like this book. I'd much prefer photos to drawings. But my main gripe is that it does not really discuss the plants that are ideal for the Mid-Atlantic region. It just has drawings of houses from the 90s with samples of how to landscape them. Well, I'm not going to just copy his layout. I want to know why certain plants are better for certain areas and the reasoning for putting plants in the places he suggests. I wanted more of a detailed overview of what grows best in the area, not a series of landscaping designs for houses that I don't own.
on February 17, 2014
I bought this book several weeks ago and just now had time to sit down and read it. I was very impressed! We just bought a new home, so we have a lot of landscaping to do! This book has great illustrations and gives you both "sunny" and "shady" versions of filling a space. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking to beautify their home/yard.
on June 2, 2010
Home Landscaping has wonderfully illustrated and detailed landscape plans that I intend to use in my own yard. The book covers a wide range of landscape situations and details ideas for areas such as steep inclines, property corners, transitions from yard to woodland, and mailboxes. And for most (if not all) landscape situations there is more than one design for sunny versus shady. The book is also tailored for plants that do well in my growing area. In addition to all of that, the back of the book also includes a design for an arbor and instructions for how to install a retaining wall among other technical projects. I'm so glad I purchased this book, and look forward to many years of referencing it.
on March 8, 2007
This book was wonderful because it had lots of picture to draw ideas from. It also had information on different seasons and how the plants would be affected. It was so helpful to me.