From the Back Cover
- Over 200 computer-balanced recipes to provide complete nutrition for healthy or diseased animals
- Nutrient content data for each recipe, including proteins, fats, and calories
- Nutritional guidance and descriptions of special diets
- Recipe categories for management of obesity and diseases that affect the gastrointestinal system, skin, kidneys, heart, liver and pancreas
- Invaluable food quality and safety information
About the Author
Donald R. Strombeck, DVM, PhD, is Professor Emeritus, University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine, as well as an honorary member of the College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. He is widely published and has received numerous awards, including the Ralston Purina Award for research excellence in small animal diseases for his work in gastroenterology. Dr. Strombeck practiced small animal medicine for over 40 years.