Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Home to Roost
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 7, 2003
I have been a John Thaw fan from the Inspector Morse series for years and did not realize, until I decided to take a chance on this dvd, what a delight he would be in a comedy series. The dvd contains five episodes from this 1980s half hour comedy and is, therefore, a bit steeply priced in my opinion. But it is a genuinely funny sitcom and thoroughly enjoyable. Not only was Mr. Thaw surprisingly good, but everyone (especially Reece Dinsdale as Thaw's son) gives truly funny performances. If you are a John Thaw fan (and even if you're not) you will find this series a joy to watch. I hope they eventually release all episodes to dvd.
on August 18, 2004
This series/DVD got two and a half stars. This was based on only the two reviews there were. One review, pretty much reviewed the series, and gave it four stars out of five. The other review gave only one star -- but it was all based on complaints with Amazon's description vs. what they seem to have received in the mail: "The item shipped was not as shown. The description stated 14 1/2 hours on three DVDs. I was sent 2 DVDs with 172 minutes."

I think -- perhaps -- just something to think about -- there should be ways to separate comments. For instance, the actual film/TV series/whathaveyou; the production of it onto the DVD or whathaveyou; Amazon's description matching the received product; et al...
on March 10, 2003
This is a very funny, and quick-witted comedy....with some belly laughs thrown in too. For all John Thaw fans...John Thaw is as wonderful a comedian as he is a dramatic actor. The supporting cast is great too. Wish more sitcoms were as good as this one.
on September 6, 2012
He has such a believable and serious delivery of funny lines that you laugh out loud. A very missed actor. So glad he ventured into a sit-com to collect/re-watch alongside "Morse" and other dramatic roles.
on December 25, 2012
I first saw this when I was in England many years ago. It was funny, and in many episodes, the truth hit home. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the whole series. Until now. Thank you!!
on June 29, 2013