Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 7, 2011
I was skeptical at first, but after a few weeks I noticed it was working. I used barriers around the exterior and the interior of the house, but those did not stop the ants from coming up through the cracks in the foundation then up into my cabinets. After a few weeks of having this plugged in, I noticed a few dead ants where I had a habitual problem of them coming in, no matter what I did. Another funny thing I noticed in my garage, and I am not making this up, I watched a few earwigs bounce off the wall when they tried to climb it. They got squashed anyways. I feel kind of bad about this one, but the spiders that would catch the ants for me, have died. Great product. Only thing that is not so bad at all if you can handle it, but really late at night when everything is quiet, you can hear a very very low high pitch noise from it, but only when it is really really quiet. It does not bother the cat one bit.
11 comment27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2011
A review specific to Home Sentinel Indoor House Pest Control Repeller Repellent Rats Bugs Mouse Rodent

I had hoped against all odds that this would work. Even though majority of "reviews" on this page are from "people" that only reviewed this product or others like it I thought that at least one might be actual person that found it useful. Anyhow ordered the home sentinel, after a few days (at least shipping was fast) it arrived. Plugged it in to try and make Carpenter Ants (as per review, unless it got changed, device works on ants) leave. Well, after 7 days ants showed no sign of even noticing the device itself, however even though the device claims to be inaudible to pets one of my cats freaked out and would not come into the house. Did not seem to be bother the dog. Or should I say it did so as much as it "bothered" the ants, which is (just to make sure you understand) NOT AT ALL.

Device has been returned, awaiting Amazon refund (as it is guaranteed for 30 days I expect no problems). The cat that had freaked out is back in the house now, took a couple of days for it (her) to notice that whatever was bothering her is not there any longer.

Pros: Works well on your pets, cats mostly.
Cons: Does not work on carpenter ants (despite of the manufacturer's claims and other "reviewers" here)
44 comments29 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2011
We live in a wooded area & have constant trouble with mice. We got tired of buying all different kinds of mouse traps, so we decided to give an electronic repellent a try. We placed it in our living room without anything immediately in front of the unit as instructed. So far so good, we have not seen a mouse since we plugged it in. Keeping our fingers crossed that it continues to work!

Order #103-6804969-5258622
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2012
I bought this item from the manufacturer for an ant problem we would get in the spring and fall (as well as the occasional mouse in the basement). As they suggested, if your home is fairly broken up with walls (as all 1970's homes seem to be) you have to get more of them. I bought 5 of them and put 3 on the main floor in the kitchen, living room and sitting room, one in the basement and one in the master bedroom (as I am not fond of spiders either).

After plugging them in I really didn't notice any kind of difference in the amount of bugs in the house, but the manufacturer suggests waiting 2-6 weeks for full results. I got the devices well ahead of the ant invasion in the fall. After 3 or so weeks, I noticed that I never saw bugs anymore with the exception of our small master bath (have to get another for there I suppose). The great news is that we didn't get the ant invasion that has happened every year for the past 10 years.

I cannot speak to how cats react to it, but my dogs never seemed to notice the devices. I have been very happy with these, and I love that I don't have to use toxic bait that my dogs could possibly get into. I cannot understand why others have had such problems. Perhaps they expect it to work right away or didn't have enough of them, but they worked extremely well for our 1970's colonial style house.

****UPDATE****7/5/2013-the pest repellers are still working better than ever! The only thing they don't seem to repel are those little sugar ants that come around in the late spring and fall. They will literally walk right by it/beside it. Other than that, I never see spiders, crickets, or other bugs in the house anymore.
on March 1, 2012
I have several of the Home Sentinel Indoor Pest Repellant with Ultrasonic Electromagnatic Ionizers, but just noticed one, actually the newer one does not light up as the other do. The night light and the green lights light up, but the red does not. Does this mean the unit is not operating properly. The others seem to work just fine.

Please help.

I want to let everyone know that Home Sentinel contacted me regarding my faulty unit. They responded back that a new unit was in the mail. I have received that unit and it is working just fine. If you are planing to purchase this item or perhaps any item by this company, be assured that they will be very responsive to any questions you may have and may possibly replace any faulty unit.

Not every company you purchase from can make these claims.
on June 28, 2012
When I purchased your product I was a little skeptical. I really did not believe it would function as advertised. But I thought any improvement would be better than what I was used to. I received it on schedule, plugged it in and was amazed overnight. The reason I purchased your product was I had basically given up on getting rid of roaches. It seemed that when I sprayed for them they would move to another apartment. When the neighbors would spray they would move back. I was tired of using pesticides to try to be rid of the roaches. After using your product, I may see a roach or two once in awhile compared to dozens each day. In my opinion, your product is excellent!!!! Thank you!
on June 29, 2012
When we first moved into a shared house with other family members in Texas, fleas showed up. Possibly from moving company boxes stored for several monhts. Who knows. But we got several of these units so as to cover all living areas, and I'll be darned -- no more fleas. We did nothing else except install these units and wait a few weeks while the normal flea egg to adult cycle was over. Then no more eggs, no more fleas. We are all very pleased!
on October 5, 2012
Bought this because it has pet friendly setting.Plugged it in and after about 3hrs i was wondering why my dog was hiding.Unplugged it,then my dog came around.Plugged back in to see if repellant was the problem and dog ran upstairs.Not recommended if you have pets.
on September 6, 2011
Recieved it on time and after turning it on I first saw spiders I had not seen, then saw bugs, then after 2 weeks they were gone then saw small bugs and now they are gone. I am impressed, now I don't have to kill them, and they are gone.
on April 8, 2011
I chose this repeller because it claimed to fight bugs, and so far it's working great! Especially on the box elder beetles! I'm going to get another one for the garage...

See 1 answered question