Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 6, 2011
It works well as far as recharging my Magellan 1424 GPS. However, the green light never goes off or changes color to indicate the GPS is fully or sufficiently charged. Nor are there any instructions with this product. For these reasons I have rated it only three stars. I would strongly advise patrons not to leave their homes while using this charger, because it's easy to forget about it and possibly damage their GPS or cause an electrical fire hazard. I believe no more than five hours are necessary to obtain a full charge.
on March 18, 2011
I needed this power unit to charge my Magellan GPS because it won't charge off a USB on my computer the way my Mio will. I got two of these, I always buy a spare when it's cheap enough. This unit works perfectly and it cost very little. It seems to be made cheaply but I have been using mine for months with no problems at all. If it were more sturdily built I'd give it another star. Highly recommended.
on February 2, 2014
This charger works. If you need a replacement charger, it is a good option. I bought it because the Magellan RoadMate that I bought did not state that it came with a charger. It wasn't a necessary purchase, but I guess since we have this back up and the car charger, we are covered...
on August 19, 2013
Definitely worked to charge my Roadmate. Charging ability is good but there isn't any indication of gps being charged or not. I say, just let is sit overnight and it should be a-ok. Mine worked after a couple hours on charger with a dead battery so it does charge quickly. No instruction manual but I don't think you need one. Does the job on the cheap.
on May 15, 2014
I had need of this on an overnight train trip where the sleeping berth was equipped with 110V current. This kept my nav system charged and ready and I was able to get an idea of how fast we were going and where we were at any given time.

The best part was the price! Dirt cheap and free shipping. Couple that with a quality product? Yes, please!
on March 2, 2013
It was recieved on time, but does not charge my GPS. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm not going to bother to return it as the shipping was twice the price of the charger. No wonder it was so cheap.
on July 29, 2013
Devices worked well, I ordered a few, believing two is one and one is none mind set, out of the five I got, one, came apart once used from the end to go into the device, The others were fine. Glad I did not buy only one, due to the above.
at 20% attrittion, it rates as okay, Now to be fair, the ones that work, Work!.
on October 26, 2013
Product was just what I needed to replace the one I lost. Couldn't beat the price; and it arrived promptly. Simple device, but one that is necessary to back up a car charger. I used it to initially charge the Magellan GPS I had ordered.
on December 30, 2013
It has the correct plug but the Magellan does not recognize it as a valid charger - complete crap - The cheap price made it not worth the trouble of filing a claim. Save yourself the trouble and don't buy this. In order for this to work pin 4 and 5 need to be tied together. It's really crappy of Magellan to do this so think about that should you decide to replace it. Also be forewarned that the updates for life only last about 2 years - Another Magellan selling point
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2011
I was looking for just such a charger for my Magellon GPS, and this one fit the bill. It works just fine, and the price was right. The cord is plenty long for my needs, which I am quite happy about.