Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Home Wind Turbine Generator 5-Blade 500W Max/12V - Low Wind Model
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 25, 2009
I purchased this WindMax system several months ago so I have had time to see how it works. When there is enough wind it works GREAT BUT in low wind conditions it actually drains power from the batteries. When it is at a stand still it does not drain the power. For instance, my solar panels had my batteries full and it was dumping into the loader when a slow wind came up and immediatly stopped the dumping. Within four hours my batteries had lost all the gains made by the solar panels and then some! I'm not sure if the diodes are bad or if it is a design flaw or what but it isn't a good thing. I'm not sure how to fix this or even if it can be fixed. I have brought this to the attention of the company with no response. So if you have a constant wind that is strong enough to keep it at its' cut in speed or above I would recomend it. Also the tail fin fights with the blades for control so I added an extention (more surface area) to it and solved the problem. It now has no problem with staying faced into the wind.
55 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2014
Have had this up and running for a couple of weeks, satisfied with the output and overall capability of the unit. Was easy to install and instructions were clear. Only issue is one that was noted in previous posts. The tail is not larger enough. As shipped, the unit tends to "drift" from side to side and eventually points backwards in anything above minimal winds. I installed an 8x10" clear acrylic panel to lower section of tail with clear adhesive and now it works fine.
on November 29, 2012
this was easy to hook up. at at a good price a few more and i may have no more electric bill