4.0 out of 5 stars Needs larger tail
Published 2 months ago by TJones

3.0 out of 5 stars design flaw?
Published on November 25, 2009 by Orlin Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars design flaw?, November 25, 2009
Orlin Harris (Nucla, Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home Wind Turbine Generator 5-Blade 500W Max/12V - Low Wind Model
I purchased this WindMax system several months ago so I have had time to see how it works. When there is enough wind it works GREAT BUT in low wind conditions it actually drains power from the batteries. When it is at a stand still it does not drain the power. For instance, my solar panels had my batteries full and it was dumping into the loader when a slow wind came up and immediatly stopped the dumping. Within four hours my batteries had lost all the gains made by the solar panels and then some! I'm not sure if the diodes are bad or if it is a design flaw or what but it isn't a good thing. I'm not sure how to fix this or even if it can be fixed. I have brought this to the attention of the company with no response. So if you have a constant wind that is strong enough to keep it at its' cut in speed or above I would recomend it. Also the tail fin fights with the blades for control so I added an extention (more surface area) to it and solved the problem. It now has no problem with staying faced into the wind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs larger tail, June 23, 2014
Have had this up and running for a couple of weeks, satisfied with the output and overall capability of the unit. Was easy to install and instructions were clear. Only issue is one that was noted in previous posts. The tail is not larger enough. As shipped, the unit tends to "drift" from side to side and eventually points backwards in anything above minimal winds. I installed an 8x10" clear acrylic panel to lower section of tail with clear adhesive and now it works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, November 29, 2012
this was easy to hook up. at at a good price a few more and i may have no more electric bill

Rate and Discover Movies