4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far
like this crusher, works great, but i have only used
it 3 times, so i cant say how it will hold up.
Published on June 7, 2010 by Norma Burbank

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusting After Just One Month
Published on August 17, 2010 by AndyH

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusting After Just One Month, August 17, 2010
AndyH "AndyH" (CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
We're very disappointed in this ice crusher, as most of its metal parts began rusting after less than a month of daily use. We have owned several versions of this manual crusher over the years: black plastic and chrome ones from the 1960's (one "hand-me-down", and a second tag-sale find); a Swing-Away (?) plastic version with a vacuum base; and two of this particular one.

For the first week or so, this did an ok job, though it did tend to slide around the counter during use. (The vacuum base on our previous crusher helped avoid this problem.) This crusher is made out of a rigid, clear plastic; we didn't get to use it long enough to see if it would hold up as well as the sightly flexible, translucent plastic of our previous vacuum-based model.

The key problem was that the metal parts of this crusher began rusting within a couple of weeks. (The same problem ruined our prior vacuum-based model, though it took a year or two to occur there.) Unfortunately, the rust began appearing just after the 30-day return period ended.

We've since purchased the electric Waring Pro Professional Ice Crusher through Amazon; while it was considerably more expensive, it seems to work very well and there is no sign of rusting. If you use a crusher at all frequently, I'd suggest spending more for the Waring.

2.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear Ice Crusher, May 26, 2010
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
I am not very happy with this product. The handle is poorly made it came off while I was using it.I've had it less then a month. Very disastified with this product!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good except for RUST! Returning it!, August 3, 2010
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
I really like the size of the ice from this crusher. I have an ice shaver and I didn't want that. The ice is just right for me, small enough to easily crunch with my teeth but not so small it all melts into a smoothie.

As two reviewers noted the handle can come off if you turn it counterclockwise (as viewed from the handle side) but it easily screws back together. I simply started only crushing in the clockwise direction.

As most similar products it is a little difficult to use and hold, but I expected that and I am big enough it isn't a problem for me. My little kids loved using it because they could see the ice get crushed but it took them a long time to crush the ice, even after I put it lower so they could put their weight on it.

I have had mine about two weeks and I AM RETURNING IT BECAUSE OF THE RUST PROBLEM! Three of the four screws holding the top on rusted immediately as did the washers between the tines and the handle. It is likely that my living next to the ocean had some influence on the quick rust, but I would not expect any rust in an ice crusher and I just am too annoyed at having to pick out the discolored ice. I will try another.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, June 7, 2010
like this crusher, works great, but i have only used
it 3 times, so i cant say how it will hold up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made Junk, August 1, 2010
technogeek (Muscoda, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
I regret buying this item. It seemed to work well when I first got it, but after only a month the plastic grate that the crushing teeth pass between cracked and large chunks fell out. It is now a useless piece of trash. I had a crusher that was similar in design but had a metal grate and it lasted for over 30 years before it wore out.
I wish I could find one that is made of metal, but it seems all the ones out today have the same cheap plastic hopper design.

1.0 out of 5 stars Go electric crusher, July 23, 2010
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
The handle fell off when in use and is difficult to turn. A larger knob on the handle would help. Crusher needs a non slip base added as it tends to wander all over the counter when crushing ice. I would not purchase this item again.

Shipment and billing however were good from supplying company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken upon arrival, October 3, 2010
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
The item arrived broken so I didn't get a chance to use it; the company gave me a refund w/out need to return. Don't know if it is sturdy enough to use as intended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't crush a boiled egg without breaking., July 10, 2014
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
Total POS. Loud and didn't work worth a ****. Couldn't crush a boiled egg without breaking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusty handle, August 13, 2012
Isabell (Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
The handle and the screws have rusted. It cannot be used because the rust gets on the ice. The screws at the bottom of the crusher also rusted.

3.0 out of 5 stars Think it Over, October 6, 2014
This review is from: Crystal Clear Ice Crusher
Not very heavy, plastic a little cheap

Crystal Clear Ice Crusher