5.0 out of 5 stars Works for us
Published on February 26, 2011 by Matthew R. Castro

Published 6 months ago by Ana Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for us, February 26, 2011
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
Bought this air purifier at Bed Bath and Beyond for $100 and its done a nice job in the month we've had it. Catches alot of dust and cat-hair. Its also nice at just circulating air constantly. Its quiet on low and pretty loud on high but if you use it often, it just turns into a nice background white-noise after a few days. The filters need to be replaced but if they last 18 months like advertised then the investment is worth it.

EDIT:

The unit is still going strong almost two years later. We don't use it constantly so we haven't replaced the filter yet since we temporarily switched in a new filter and noticed no reduction in air flow. No dust on the interior fan either.

I will note that you must vacuum the filter periodically.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whisper quiet on low and removes odors too, September 15, 2011
SZ (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
I bought this mainly because I have two rabbits living in my room, and I started noticing a stale musty smell when I came home from work. I don't have allergies so I can't say how much effective this air purifier is at removing allergens, but I will say that I have noticed the smell much less, and it's pretty much completely silent on low. I keep it on 24/7, so the filter will probably age quicker, but so far so good. It's a substantial size, about the footprint of a computer tower so I tucked it in on a bottom shelf that is well ventilated. I really didn't believe in air purifiers before but I think this product may have changed my mind!

4.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING yet a little loud, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
Sleek look and works very well with relieving allergy and asthma problems! medium and high levels can be pretty loud, but it could be louder. Becomes background noise after a while just like heaters and AC do. I was having allergy and asthma problems constantly and after only having it out for a few minutes my wheezing went away! Definitely worth the purchase! Plus the filters can be vacuum cleaned for several months before having to replace it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Since the air filters are only good for about a year-18 months (I have pets, July 25, 2014
Ana Green (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
CANNOT GET REPLACEMENT FILTERS for under $75 - and MUST get them online. Since the air filters are only good for about a year-18 months (I have pets, so even with regular vacuuming, mine needed to be changed after a year.) This means in a year you'll need to spend almost as much on a new filter as you did on the unit in the first place. It does work well, but really unhappy with the cost of replacement filters, so buyer beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really good for my bedroom., May 15, 2012
C.T.R. (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
I really like this air purifier. There are a few reviews that say it is loud or that it gets loud over time, but mine is perfectly fine. I use this in my bedroom so sound would be an issue for me. On the high setting it is pretty loud, but it really isn't noticeable in my room when it is on low. Like one of the other reviews said the noise isn't bad and will just fade into the background like an air conditioner. I feel that it's good that it makes noise because other air purifiers I owned which were "quiet" never really made that much of a difference because they lacked enough air power to actually circulate the air. My bedroom is about 15x10. My solution was to keep it on high during the day and switch it to low at night. It has been running 24/7 without any issues, and I was amazed to see how much dust got caught in the filter during the first week.

The filter is great because there is a plastic mesh over the heap filter which lets you "clean" some of the dirt out which makes the filter last longer. I had just used my vacuum to clean the filter because they aren't supposed to be cleaned in a way that makes them wet. After the filter gets too dirty it needs to be replaced, but from what I can tell right now the filter has a very long life and isn't too expensive to replace.

I recommend this unit. It helped my allergies quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a helpful robot, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
I can remember how it was before -- waking up every morning with stuffy nose, my chest congested. Maybe it was just dusty in my bedroom. Maybe there were unseen mold spores floating with malicious passivity while I slept. The truth is I can't say for sure. All I can really tell you for certain is that the Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner has really helped. I sleep better and I wake up breathing clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great well designed product, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
Quiet, effective, and has a timer function so it can turn off automatically - plus a remote so you don't have to get out of bed at night.

Very well designed, reliable product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
I bought this because I live in a tiny barracks room that's stuffy much of the time, and the only window faces towards the smoking lounge (oh joy :/). Bought a different brand that was too noisy, and returned it for this one. Even on the highest setting, it's not all that loud, and eventually turns into white noise; the lowest setting is quiet enough to run at night--and this in a cubicle that houses four people with four different sleeping patterns.

The best part is I no longer wake up with a stopped up nose. When I first ran this two days ago, I left out the room for an hour or so, and when I can back, I could already feel a difference! Once I'm able to open the window as the weather warms up, I'll be able to see even more results. And the filter only need replacing once every eighteen months with occasional vacuuming, which saves a lot of money as well. Definitely worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
Excellent Air Purifier . IS very quite, even at medium setting. Much quieter than others I had/have. Would buy more when other non Homedics die.

5.0 out of 5 stars These Are AWESOME and the really WORK, June 7, 2014
Becky Gray (NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr (Misc.)
I bought 3 of these for my home because I have such sinus and allergy problems plus I own a cat. Since owning these I have never had a bad problem since. These are so amazing and I recommend them very highly. I have 2 in my large living room and 1 by my cat's liter box. They truly work so buy them, their well worth the money and you'll save money on doctor's visits. Free shipping and a great seller, you won't be sorry its a great deal.

Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner 75 Cadr