5.0 out of 5 stars I call her... Svetlana (now UPDATED with additional info)
I have dubbed this wonderful mechanical creature "Svetlana" because she has the merciless power and indefatigablity of a large-knuckled Soviet women's weightlifting Olympic silver medalist.

Published 21 months ago by Jeddy 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Too hard & pounds me to a pulp
Published 19 months ago by SKC

5.0 out of 5 stars I call her... Svetlana (now UPDATED with additional info), November 11, 2012
This review is from: Homedics Shiatsu Quad Roller Back Massage Cushion with Heat

Some may say she is ungainly as she sits on my home office chair, waiting to knead my lazy body into a pulp. Some may say she is awkward, as she trails electrical cords and a wired remote. Some may complain about her soft, undulating, insistent mechanical hum as she goes about her relentless business. But to me, Svetlana is beautiful. She asks no questions and gives everything. She responds silently, swiftly when I tell her, via the remote, that I want her to stay in the same spot for a little while... or to switch from kneading to rolling... or to go higher or lower... or, best of all, when I ask her for beautiful, radiating heat to relax my office-locked back muscles. When she ministers to me, my cares melt. My jaw slackens. My mind blanks. She warms me, relaxes me, releases me.

Svetlana does not judge. Svetlana does not tire. Svetlana can be yours forever.

Your call, comrade.

UPDATE: A helpful comrade commented below that Svetlana's "icy blue eyes" are ever vigilant. (Another way to say that is that the blue LED lights on the massage nodes never shut off). The glow isn't too bad, but I wish Svetlana had an on/off switch. I suppose I could plug her into an extension cord with a switch, but for the time being I simply flip her seat cushion up at night and that covers most of the glow.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice massage cushion, December 28, 2012
I purchased this as a gift for my sister in law. The massager is a lot more than a simple pad with a few parts that vibrate like I had seen in the past. It is several inches thick, with a hard plastic backing that may make use difficult in some chairs that don't have a lot of leg room. The rollers going up and down your back is really nice, and they do a pretty good job. The width is adjustable so you can narrow or widen it to hit the right spots. The preprogrammed demo and upper or lower back settings are relaxing, and if you find a place that needs extra attention, you can focus on it. Based on how this works out, my wife may end up with one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get much better than the MCS-490H!, October 11, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed my MCS-400, but decided to also get the MCS-490H. This one is, by far, the best. Must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homedics Shiatsu Quad Roller Back Massage, December 26, 2013
To Expensive, I found Costco sells it for $125 at Xmas time. I paid Amazon nearly $200 with shipping. So buy at Costco. Excellent massage can be laid on floor or bed for a harder massage. I would have paid $200 again if I knew how good this was.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too hard & pounds me to a pulp, January 26, 2013
I purchased the "Homedics Shiatsu Quad Roller Back Massage Cushion with Heat" to soothe my achy muscles. But what it does is pound my back too vigorously for me to relax and allow it to do it's job. As a result I ignore this mat more and more. For me this item is a one-star but for many folks with younger, tougher bodies this will be worth every penny. I rated it a 3-star because I wanted to warn folks who might have more delicate bodies and need something more gentle. But it was unfair to trash the product for doing it's job by rating it 1-star. Also, I discovered by trial and error that I relax more laying down and so the less expensive "Comfort Products 10 Motor Massage Mat" was a much better purchase and I use that item every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, December 19, 2012
Acquired a MCS-490H yesterday. I've been plagued with painful back muscle spasms since I came out on the losing end of a bicycle/automobile accident a month ago. Twenty minutes sitting on this device at the 'demo' setting, with the heat on, provides wonderful relief - enables me to stand up straight and move around fairly comfortably again. Beats you up a bit at first, like any good masseuse, but as one relaxes one grows more comfortable with it. Much better than ibuprophen or oxycotin and without the side effects. Would have been a bargain at double the price. Since it's new in the house, how well it will hold up is yet to be seen, but I'm delighted with the product so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer service is terrible if it exists at all, January 24, 2014
The product works, but I had a question on how to turn off the blue lights, zero customer service, emailed and called, no response, would not recommend homedics products for this reason

4.0 out of 5 stars Back Massager NICE!!, January 15, 2013
I like it alot. Really does a great job. Only wish that it had an off switch so I would not have to unplug it whennot in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for back, February 22, 2013
This product is serving the purpose, in much cheaper rate as compare to those are available in the market. Especially its demo version is very impressive. It covers almost entire back with heated balls within couple of minutes. I use it every day when I come to home from work tiered..

5.0 out of 5 stars How to buy heaven!, January 4, 2013
violee (California) - See all my reviews
There is nothing bad about this product, except for the fact that there is not more of it for legs, arms, etc. Everytime someone starts using it, we can hear a huge sigh of contentment around the house.

Rate and Discover Movies