Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on September 26, 2011
This is a great electric massager for almost any area of soreness. It works out kinks and the gentle heat is great. I like to prop it up with a bed pillow and lean it up against my lower back in bed as I fall asleep. A towel tones down the pressure if the massaging balls are too much pressure for you. Nice massager to drag around the house with you where ever you sit or relax. Has auto shut off after 15 minutes

I find that sitting in a chair and using the Shiatsu option is too rigorous for my neck, but is great for my shoulders & back. Laying on the massager is way too much pressure for me any way that you slice it. Professionally, I like a firm & strong masseuse if that helps you to gauge the strenth of this massage pillow. No battery operated option is available, 110 volts plug in only.

Even beter option by Homedics (5 stars rating from me)...
There is another more expensive Homedic massage pillow out there that looks like this one, but it has more options as a Shiatsu massager (Homedics CP-SP25HA), this one is 5 star all the way! It has a vibration, and combo vibration & Shiatsu mode. Heat can be turned on or off. Get this one instead if you can find it. The vibration is a nice option to have for gentle relief. One click for Shiatsu, 2 clicks for vibration. Separate button for the heat option. Auto shut off after 15 minutes. I think that I paid $50 for this one. No battery operated option is available for this one either, 110 volts plug in only.

Either way, enjoy!
77 comments99 of 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2011
1. One big problem is the knobs are too far apart for my neck. I am a thin guy, but not extremely skinny (6ft, 160). So I can only do one side of my neck at a time. However I still love this pillow for my shoulders, back, and glutes.

2. The biggest complaint I have is that the power and heat buttons on the side are so big and so easy to push that they accidentally get pressed all the time. I've had the massager for a couple months now, and there must have been at least fifty times so far where I'm adjusting my position on the pillow and accidentally press one of the buttons. It's getting really annoying. It looks like they make another model without the big buttons on the side so I would probably get that instead next time.

Despite those complaints I really love this massage pillow because it allows me to massage one spot continuously unlike most back massage cushions which constantly move up and down the back.
33 comments50 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2011
Got a Homedics back messager for my wife for Christmas, she enjoyed it so much I got this for her birthday to concentrate on her upper neck area. Just as pleased. FYI it does use a plug so it's not that portable. I knew that when I bought it but just be aware if you are looking for a 100% portable one.
0Comment39 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 7, 2012
Every time I use this I fall asleep. Good thing it turns itself off automatically after fifteen minutes. And I don't fall asleep easily these days so it's an added bonus. For me to fall asleep within fifteen minutes of lying down is a miracle.

There are two rotating knobs inside this that fit the back of my neck perfectly. By experimenting with where the knobs hit me I can also get a deep massage into the area below my neck toward the top of my shoulders and back. It hits a crucial trigger point for me and relieves the upper back and neck tension beautifully. Really digs in there with just the right movement and pressure. The pillow is small but gives just the right amount of cover over the inner knobs so you don't need to cover it with a towel like I had to do with earlier models of this.
I have never had the experience of one reviewer of accidentally pushing the buttons while I lie on it.
Contrary to what one review says here, there is no vibrate option on this, only the kneeding motion and a separate heat button.

This is just so amazingly relaxing. Best massager out there. Take it from a massage freak, someone who has tried them all. Also works great on the lower back and feet. You won't be sorry you got this. Yummy.
0Comment30 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2012
Let me be very succinct: Wow. Wow. Wow.

This feels like a really strong guy with freakishly hot fingers is massaging your neck and shoulders. It does a fantastic job, and it's become one of my favorite purchases.

So far, it's held up well with several family members using it on their neck, back, and shoulders.

One family member even used it on her abdomen during, ahem, that time of the month, and it was very helpful.

Good product, especially considering there are so many crappy massage devices out there.
on February 7, 2012
Bought this for my husband who has a great deal of neck pain. He loves it and uses it to message the neck muscles. Highly recommend this product. It is so relaxing and worth every penny. Amazon had the best price.
on June 5, 2012
If you are looking for a great shiatsu massage cushion, but are on a tight budget, look no further - this is it. If you want a massage cushion portable and small enough to tuck away where you use it, look no further - this is it. If you want the best buy in shiatsu massage cushions available today, look no further - this is it. Bought this from BB&B with one of those 20% off coupons and wish I had tried this product before trying the fancier (and more expensive) Sharper image and Homedics massage cushions as this simpler, smaller model is better than all of them - it may not have the up and down track to massage my back, but that is all that is missing - and unlike every other massage cushion I tried, this one works exactly as advertised and works well with NO design flaws. Has two powerful rotating massage heads that give a great shiatsu massage - you can use vibration mode, heat or shiatsu all together or in any combination of one or two that you want. You can position the pillow where you want it on lower lumbar region or up on your neck or where ever. I use it in combination with a regular sofa pillow (put regular sofa pillow either above or below where I position the massage pillow - this way all my back is supported evenly). Gives a powerful, deep massage, good heat and strong vibration. Since moving parts are kept to a minimum, I have hopes that this will last longer than most homedics massagers. I am not the only one who was impressed - my friends and siblings have tried all the massage cushions I purchased, but this is the one most of them went out and bought. It plugs into a standard outlet, but because of the small size it is easy to stow off to one side (I keep mine on the undershelf of the end table next to my sofa).
on January 6, 2012
I really, really wanted one of these for Christmas and the hubby delivered! I have chronic neck & upper back issues - I work from home, as a VA and am on a computer constantly. Sometimes it doesn't matter how ergonomically your workstation is set up, the neck & back can get tight. This shiatsu massage pillow is fabulous and after 10-15 minutes of using it on my upper back (amazing on the shoulder blades), shoulders and neck, I feel like a new woman!

It has only one speed, but that's fine. The heat works very well and you'll probably be turning it off & on because it can get quite warm when it's massaging away, laying between you and whatever you're sitting or lying on. The cover on the pillow is buttery soft and the flap allows for even deeper massage when lifted up. I've seen people note that the power can be easily turned of by leaning on the little flap that houses the power & heat buttons and yes, this can happen, but I've only had it happen 2 times since I received it on Christmas (and I use it A LOT). It fits my neck, back & shoulders very well, but I can understand how a larger person or a big guy may feel it pinches more than not on the neck. The pressure of the massage is pretty strong, so don't get this pillow if you don't like a good, strong, deep massage. (I've read some complaints that it's too rough or hard, but it's a SHIATSU MASSAGE, people, you should know what you're in for!)

Overall, this is a very good product (so far, I've only had it for 2 weeks), well-made, comfortable, powerful and easy to use and change positions with. It has really saved my neck & shoulders. Love it and I highly recommend getting one if you've got the same type of tension/issues.
on March 21, 2012
This is the 2nd Homedics Massage Pillow I've owned. I loved my original and used it every day and got a really good massage from it. I was literally using it every day! I like deep tissue work and the 1st model did an excellent job, until the fabric got caught between the nodules.. Try as I may I couldn't unlodge the fabric but I had it for a year so I wasn't too upset about having to replace it. This Homedics works the same way but the fabric is so padded I can't get the same level of deep massage, even if I move the flap. I was so disappointed I've only used it once since I purchased it and since I threw away all the boxing and paperwork I'm guessing I'm stuck with it.

Regardless, if you like a light to tepid medium depth massage this item should work fine!
44 comments22 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2012
I had such high hopes! I've had an extremely painful, visible knot in my back between my spine and shoulder blade for over two years. Chiropractors haven't brought any relief, so I had hoped this might work better. It massages very well - the roller balls that do the massaging are powerful, but they're much too far apart for me, continuously rolling on/off the edges of my shoulder blades with each rotation.....OUCH!!! I cringe and start pulling away after just a couple rotations, which then ruins any benefit to be had. I haven't tried sitting up with it on a seat back, because of the location of my sore spot (I have a feeling gravity would drop it repeatedly). Lying on top of it, I have found that pressing down onto it, when it's not near my shoulder blades, feels excellent, causing the roller balls to dig deeply. Unfortunately I can't use it on the place for which it was purchased, hence only three stars. I wish the width of the roller balls could be adjusted!!! The idea is wonderful, just doesn't work for me where I truly need it.