4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of things you MIGHT already know...
But really and truly - a FREE book filled with gift ideas? COME ON, give it more than 1 star, people!

I enjoyed the section on flavored coffees and teas - in fact, Chai Tea is *SO* uber popular - I think I will probably end up making some as gifts this year. All I need are a plethora of MASON JARS! :)

Thank you SO much for making this book free!
Published 20 months ago by Stephanie G. Almeida

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas...
If you're new to experimenting with frugal, homemade gifts, this is worth the download. It's not a bad little book, full of ideas for making simple gifts and avoiding the financial and emotional drain of conventional retail. It includes:
- Recipes for cookies, drinks, and other sweet treats,
- Instructions for body scrubs and other bath items,
- Simple...
Published 20 months ago by Aurie

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas..., November 8, 2012
This review is from: Homemade Christmas Gifts and More - Frugal Christmas Gift Ideas For The Whole Family (Kindle Edition)
- Recipes for cookies, drinks, and other sweet treats,
- Instructions for body scrubs and other bath items,
- Simple crafts that make good gifts, with a great selection of kids' crafts,
- A VERY good section for gifts in a jar (cookie mixes, soup mixes, etc.), and
- Ideas for gift baskets and homemade gift cards.

As an e-book, it has the disadvantage of lacking pictures to go with the projects. It could also have used a grammar-smoothing checkup, but it's readable.

If you've been doing the "frugal thing" for a while and looking for new projects, this e-book probably won't be what you're looking for. The ideas aren't particularly fresh, but it's nice to have several standbys all in one place.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of things you MIGHT already know..., November 10, 2012

Thank you SO much for making this book free!

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent ideas for jar gifts & some cookie recipes, but not much else, November 10, 2012
I was disappointed with the gift suggestions here -- I've been doing handmade gifts for several years now, and was looking forward to some new ideas. This book didn't provide any. Many of the craft ideas were really cheesy (glue a picture to a flip flop?) and may not be easy to execute, either, since there are no step by step directions or pictures, which I would imagine would make it very difficult for someone who hasn't done these types of projects before... and honestly, those are the ones who might be excited about this ebook. There were a couple ideas for gifts kids can make, which I'd say would be OK for kids from about 5-8 years old.

I was particularly put off by the "Knitting, Crocheting and Sewing" portion. It starts with "Knit Something" section - all 8 sentences of it - and recommends a hat, scarf, socks, or mittens, and then lists another website to browse for patterns. Seriously?! If someone is a knitter, I'm pretty sure they've already thought of that. The crocheting and sewing sections are more of the same.

My suggestion: skip this and head to Pinterest to find some good step-by-step tutorials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerrysgurl, November 16, 2012
Janet Bouchard (Orland, Maine, USA) - See all my reviews
Loved the book had some good ideas in it . Thank you for letting me borrow it. Helped me finish my Christmas gift giving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas for those new to a homemade Christmas!, November 11, 2012
Definitely worth the download! This year for my family's gift exchange, we have decided to do homemade only gifts. Although I dabble a little in baking and canning, this book gave me ideas that I hadn't considered for turning my items into treasured gifts. Thanks for making it free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy fun gifts even I can make!, November 11, 2012
I am a big fan of homemade gifts for Christmas (or anytime, really) but I often get overwhelmed with the time and skill required... so I just drop the whole idea. But now, I can pick myself up and start crafting away because this little book has REAL frugal fun gifts that are easy to make.

The gifts in jars are wonderful, both the food and the beauty items. But, what I really love are the kids gifts - that is both gifts FOR kids and gifts kids can make by themselves, or almost by themselves. Rather than having a list of supplies from the craft store, the ideas in this book focus on turning things you probably have around the house (or can find at resale stores or rummage sales) into fun items. I LOVE that idea... Reduce Reuse Recycle... very cool, indeed.

Thanks for this fun book. I know I'll be putting many of these ideas to work soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend Less Give More, November 10, 2012
When faced with the reality of the commercialization of Christmas, the Hillbilly Housewife decided to make homemade gifts. For anyone seeking alternatives to the shopping frenzy that happens each year this book can feel like a great solution. Some of the ideas include baking cookies and placing them on a festive plate. You then wrap them in cellophane and include a bow and gift tag. This is one of the simplest ideas and there are some great recipes too. There is a recipe for tree cookies and stained glass window cookies. So you can really get creative.

Next the Hillbilly Housewife shows you how to make beverage mixes which all sound delicious. One of her ideas about making chocolate spoons is something I've done in the past and people loved them. There are also recipes for making bath products. Instead of just using epson salts I'd encourage you to also use your favorite essential oils.

There is also a cute idea for making memorable picture frames for grandparents. If you are looking for memorable gifts to give to your children there are also lots of ideas. I'm using one of her ideas - I'm knitting a scarf for my mother.

So if you are looking to spend less this Christmas I can highly recommend this book. Your friends and relatives will feel very loved if you make them something homemade.

~The Rebecca Review

2.0 out of 5 stars This just wasn't detailed enough. Google had more ideas., November 10, 2012
I guess if you are really really stuck and in a hopeless spot, this may kick start your brain but for the most part I found more recipes, ideas, and illustrations online by just typing "homemade Christmas gifts" into my search bar. The recipes in this book were very very basic and the ideas were very simple. I agree with the other reviewer, in saying that if you are new to homemade gift giving then you might like this book but if you are a "prepper" or someone who has already spent a lot of time on pinterest or googling ideas then this book will not do you any good. I feel this book would have been more useful if there were illustrations and some UNUSUAL or not already published on the web ideas in it. All in all, if you are brand new to homemade gift giving and are stuck, maybe you'll benefit from this book but truthfully, google has more ideas listed in their search engine and most come with video or illustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
This is so cute-I use these ideas year round!!

Rate and Discover Movies