Top critical review
19 people found this helpful
Some good ideas...
on November 8, 2012
If you're new to experimenting with frugal, homemade gifts, this is worth the download. It's not a bad little book, full of ideas for making simple gifts and avoiding the financial and emotional drain of conventional retail. It includes:
- Recipes for cookies, drinks, and other sweet treats,
- Instructions for body scrubs and other bath items,
- Simple crafts that make good gifts, with a great selection of kids' crafts,
- A VERY good section for gifts in a jar (cookie mixes, soup mixes, etc.), and
- Ideas for gift baskets and homemade gift cards.
As an e-book, it has the disadvantage of lacking pictures to go with the projects. It could also have used a grammar-smoothing checkup, but it's readable.
If you've been doing the "frugal thing" for a while and looking for new projects, this e-book probably won't be what you're looking for. The ideas aren't particularly fresh, but it's nice to have several standbys all in one place.