Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 19, 2010
I just got this the other day and the recipes are amazing. There is a recipe called Maple Pineapple Ham that sounded so good that I couldn't wait until the fall to make it. That recipe alone makes the book worth it!

Joan D.
VINE VOICEon November 24, 2013
this is another great book from the gooseberry cookbook line. i get these for the wife and she immediatly reads through them. she writes down which recipe and/or craft she wants to do. she just loves gooseberry
VINE VOICEon August 16, 2012
I was not familiar with the books from the Goose Berry Patch series when I ordered it, and was very pleased with "Homemade Harvest," as most of the recipes fit into my life style. I like what is often called "home cooking," which is generally simple, doesn't call for a lot of expensive ingredients, and is about as far from present-day foodie-ism as possible, although I admit to being a fan of Ina Garten and use several of her books as well.

As someone who is particularly fond of breakfast casseroles, I was glad to see that "Homemade Harvest" had several. The first one I cooked, "Autumn Morning Casserole," I adjusted for my smaller family with less bread than the original and it came out just fine. The hot pepper sauce (I used Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce) gave it a flavor boost that was a pleasant surprise. The "Savory Breakfast Bake," using frozen hashbrowns, and "Harvest Breakfast Casserole," using chopped broccoli and jack cheese, are next on my list. There are probably more dessert recipes than dinner recipes, which I found a little disappointing -- in my family desserts tend to be cookies and ice cream except around the holidays and other special events, so I am more on the lookout for different things to cook for dinner. I highly recommend this book for those who want simple recipes to appeal to families with young children, or who participate in many potluck suppers. I don't think you will be disappointed.

In addition to the recipes, there are crafts and a section where readers sent in their memories of Autumn and the holidays. The book has a spiral binding, which makes it easy to keep open while cooking. There is one thing though that has me scratching my head, and that is, "what is a pie iron?" In the section on grilling and bbq-ing several recipes called for the use of a pie iron, which is something I never heard of before now. In doing a little Internet research, I found out that a pie iron is a metal or cast iron contraption on a pole, or long stick, that allows the cook to put a sandwich, or other food, between two pieces of metal and cook it over a campfire. Amazon sells pie irons on this site.
I picked this up just recently and already can't wait till Fall... It's not just a cookbook with harvest style comfort food recipes, but also a rich collection of short memories from contributors. I love reading fall memories when things cool down, and life slows down with more family and tradition. There are a lot of recipes in this book, and nothing is spared as far as making a meal delicious and wholesome...A true and tasty experience for the tummy and the soul... Highly recommended.. : )
on November 5, 2012
Great Fall Recipes. Sure to be used year after year. If you are looking for something new for a family gathering or even a quiet night at home this is the book to get. Nice and sturdy cover and pages as well.
on November 16, 2011
Finally, a cookbook that I can trust. The recipes come out just as I expected and I have been going to this cookbook again and again lately to get great items on my weekly "menu". If I plan meals and stick to a menu, I find that I shop less and spend less at the grocery store. These recipes are simple, delicious and really fit into my busy life. I love each section - breakfast, dinners, desserts, etc. Love this cookbook!!
on November 10, 2010
we love this new recipe book. the recipes that we have tried so far are delish!
on April 2, 2014
Soooooooooooooooooon many fun ideas and recipes for fall!! I always think I should share these books with my friends but I can never give them up lol there mine!
on February 19, 2013
I love this cook book. I was first introduced to it by a friend, and loved the recipes I tried. There are also fun creative things for the holiday.
on April 24, 2014
Have purchased several of the these recipe books and frequently use them to see various recipes and food preparations setups.