Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 25, 2009
Okay, first of all, don't make fun of my incredibly cheesy review title, because IT'S FITTING! I have been listening to this band for almost a year now thanks to Pandora and I have not yet heard one song come out of this band that wasn't absolutely and ridiculously awesome :D This album's levels of amazingness shine through several angles, I mean how could it not, it was produced by Chad from NFG and the almighty Adam of Killswitch! I could honestly sit here and go on and on about how great they are, but I just want to tell you, this album is worth listening to from start to finish, and then put it all on repeat a couple times, then several more (yea, it's that good!)
on October 29, 2009
So here we are again with yet another re release package. And as usual there is the expected bonus cuts and the DVD. Normally this weans your getting a few mediocre songs or a lame radio edit. And the DVD is just a 15 minute look at what you should already know about your 'fav' band...not in this case!

ADTR took the time to give us a re release worth picking up. Not just listening to, but owning. The 2 bonus tracks are acoustic versions of 2 songs i would never imagined acoustic at all!! It shows a good sideof he band they dont normally get to express. I was kinda disappointed that they didnt put the Fray cover on as well, but thats a small oversite.

The DVD is packed w/ a full live set and a barrage of bonus features...which total up to 3hours of Pop Core goodness! I really cant divulge all the goodies here...And the packaging is AMAZING! They really stepped it up for this release, with expanded artwork, a 52 page booklet and a cool lil surprise for collectors...

Hands down this is a re release totally worth the $$. So do yourself and the band a favor and pick this up!
on March 19, 2015
New listener here, absolutely love it. Got the vinyl version, plays great, seems to be pressed well unlike some others I've heard from other artists. I'm a sucker for album cover art, and I am not disappointed, very dark and colorful. The record comes with a code to download the album in MP3 format, so you can have a copy to burn/play in the car.
on November 20, 2014
I'm honestly not sure sometimes why I like this album. Most songs split the difference between pop and metal, and I'm not sure the combination works to please fans on either side of that. Plus, some of the songs are cheesy, the song titles are gibberish, and the mid-song shifts in tempo and tone are sometimes more jarring than interesting. But man, they know how to put together catchy songs. As much as I don't understand this album, it's hard not to nod your head or tap your feet to some of the songs.
on April 13, 2009
I don't even need to go into detail about this. I expected it to be amazing but it was better. I absolutely love it. I highly recommend it to anyone who's a fan of hardcore/punk.
on September 1, 2009
Homesick is a music lovers album. Homesick has what you need. Homesick is amazing. I have been listening to ADTR since For Those Who Have Heart was released two and a half years ago. I love both sides of their music. Doing two different kinds of genres on one album is what attracts me to this band. On most of the songs on Homesick ADTR mixes to genres of music into a song,I really like that about them. I think ADTR is going to do great. By the way we are in September 2009 now, Homesick was released in February, and is still on the Billboard 200. I am happy ADTR was on the cover of Alternative Press September issue they deserve it. If you haven't heard any of their music yet you should. Homesick is a must have album of 2009. Homesick is one of my favorite albums of 2009.
My favorite songs on Homesick are:
1. The Downfall of Us All
2. NJ Legion Iced Tea
3. Mr. Highway's Thinking About the End
4. Welcome to the Family(featuring Vincent Bennett of The Acacia Strain)
5. Holdin' it Down for the Underground
6. If It Means a Lot to You(featuring Sierra Kusterbeck of VersaEmerge)
on October 23, 2013
This is my favorite album of the decade. BY FAR. There is something to be said on the craftsmanship of this album, each song sounds masterfully produced. The genres of pop-punk and hardcore are blended effortlessly. Fans of For Those Who Have Heart might be a little saddened by the decrease in the metal-influenced songs but for the most part will be pleased with Homesick.
Songs like The Downfall of Us All and My Life for Hire show A Day to Remember's ability to create songs that have fantastic gang vocal sections and upbeat pop-punk influenced choruses.
The Downfall of Us All is one of the most commercially successful songs that A Day to Remember has ever released thanks to the extremely catchy slogan and upbeat guitar riffs followed by an energized breakdown.
My Life for Hire has a bone-chilling breakdown with the chill inducing lyrics "This is a battleground!"
and who could forget the best track by far on the entire record, Mr.Highway's Thinking About the End. The track starts off with a chilling intro and ends in one of the most intense breakdowns in the genre. You aren't likely to forget when Jeremy screams "Disrespect Your Surroundings"
For those that enjoy music more akin to being played on the radio, you will most likely find enjoyment in the tracks Have Faith in Me, If It Means A Lot to You and Homesick.
If you are a fan on post-hardcore and pop-punk music, you owe it to yourself to give this album a chance. It is THE album that I point to when I want to show off the best of the genre.
Favorite Tracks: My Life for Hire, Mr.Highway's Thinking About the End, You Already Know What You Are, If It Means A Lot to You
on January 1, 2010
So these guys went from being an underground favorite last year to being on the cover of AP, owning the crowd at Warped Tour, and having over 300,000 friends on Myspace. However, with all the fame comes the haters. Their eagerly-awaited second
record Homesick dropped this spring and with it did their cred in the hardcore scene.

If you ask me, not much has changed. Sure, the production is a little over the top, but the band's sound isn't too different. If anything, they've gotten heavier. But, with success comes detractors. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise about this record though. Sure, the album's sound is very polished. Jeremy's vocals sound so spot on, it's obvious he's auto-tuned beyond belief. If you don't believe me, You Tube any live video of them and you'll see the difference. The instruments are pretty damn spot on with each other as well, which kinda takes away from the whole natural and organic feel of a real band. But don't let that ruin the CD for you. The songwriting is what it's all about on this release. And these guys have it down.

The lead single "Downfall Of Us All," along with stand-out tracks like "My Life For Hire," "NJ Legion Iced Tea," and the ballad-ish "Have Faith In Me" all prove that these guys have the ability to write memorable tunes. Don't believe me? Answer this: what other band can write a CATCHY breakdown?

The band's lyrics this time around deal with not only personal relationships, but also the strains of being in a band and life on the road, including the detractors (it's almost as if they could predict what was going to happen).

In short, if you like pop-punk and/or hardcore and can get past some over-production and a vocalist that uses way too much auto-tune (and possibly some
advanced computer effects on the low scream/growls), this is a record for you and one of 2009's best.
on January 18, 2016
This is one of my favorite albums from this band. When I saw it at such a great price I just had to have it. It sounds just as good on vinyl as it would on any other media source. I don't know what else to say besides if you like this album then you are going to love it even more once you have it on vinyl.
on October 11, 2012
A Day to Remember has been one of my favorite bands of all time since I first heard All I Want. Getting this album was an amazing day and now after having listened to it 65+ times I can safely say it is one of my favorite albums of all time! A must get for any fans of the genre! The music is amazing and the bonus DVD detailing tour and recording life is hilarious. Plus I got it in perfect condition in a timely manner but that's Amazon for you.