5.0 out of 5 stars 1940's retro candy ROCKS!
This box of blast from the past is the most awesome thing that I have found yet. Enjoyed mine so much it is going to make a fantastic Christmas gift for so many of my friends. Has more candy then any other box I have found. Great product and great company to work with.
Published on November 28, 2011 by slay3439

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising!
I was born and grew up in Indianolia, Iowa, which during my youth was a small town just south of Des Moines (its a lot bigger now!). I have always been a hometown boy! I love my hometown. I have VERY fond memories of my hometown. I would do anything for my hometown. Imagine my joy when I came across the listing for "Hometown Favorites" candy! How fantastic, an...
Published on March 2, 2012 by T. Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars 1940's retro candy ROCKS!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Hometown Favorites 1940's Nostalgic Candy Gift Box, Retro 40's Candy (Grocery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, December 28, 2011
I bought this for my granddad for Christmas. (He was born in the 30s.) He absolutely loved it! It was a great trip down memory lane. All the candy was fresh, full-sized, and the correct era.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Box of Pleasant Memories..., January 10, 2012
Bill Raley "Vista Bill" (Southern Maryland, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a box of pleasant memories of my childhood days. I can recall counting my pennies as I rode my bike to the corner grocery or drug store to select one of these candy favorites! My personal favorite has always been licorice flavored candies.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner!, December 20, 2011
We purchased this basket for my parents who are in their 80's. They are really enjoying it. Hill's Cough Drops were a hit right off since they both have colds. Said it had been 75 years since they'd seen that product. There's a lot of reminising going on as they browse all of the items. The "Bun" candy bar, which used to be made in nearby Ft. Wayne, was fun to come across. Mom found herself checking the label to see that it's now made and it's somewhere in the western US. They have placed various calls to me to relate a story to us about special discoveries included in the gift! Perfect!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Mother loved it!, December 19, 2011
My Mother called and just recieved this assortment. She LOVES it. She said it is a large box, filled with full sized candy and she remembered many of them.
She was very suprised and said it was the best gift she has recived so far. The product was true to the description and was well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, January 16, 2013
My father-in-law loved it! Xmas with family wasn't just fun for the kids. The "older" adults really got a kick out of seeing memories in a box! And quick service made it great for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun gift, January 9, 2012
Bought this for my mother for Christmas. It was an add-on gift, but I am so glad I got it. She lit up like one of my kids getting a iPod!! She looked at each kind of candy and shared some memories. My father chimed in, too! A great gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hometown Favorites 1940's Nostalgic Candy Gift Box, Retro 40's Candy, January 13, 2012
Hometown Favorites 1940's Nostalgic Candy Gift Box, Retro 40's Candy. It was a Christmas present, we all enjoyed remembering and trying the candy. You best like black licorice, as you won't find many modern candy flavors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, January 30, 2013
Sent this as a gift and my sister loved it. Brought back some fine memories of her younger years in the 40's...

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool gift idea!, January 7, 2013
I bought this for my father who is IMPOSSIBLE to buy for ... it was fun and fits his sweet tooth.

ARRAY(0xa7ed6d20)