5.0 out of 5 stars Great birthday gift!
I got this box for my wife's 41st birthday. The top of the box is stamped "Do not open unless you were a child of the '70s." This was a nice preview of what was inside.

She was thrilled with the gift, and we spent an enjoyable half hour or so going through the contents and sharing stories with our kids about all the different kinds of candy inside...
Published on January 25, 2011 by Andrew in Alabama

1.0 out of 5 stars Candy Is Old In More Ways Then One
The Candy display looks very nice, good selection...it really does remind you of the best decade of all times....however all the chocolate candy was bad. Very old, white, hard as a rock and dried out...horrible condition. Didn't even have the courage to try the hard candy!!!!!!!!
Published on March 11, 2007 by Modern Drummer

1.0 out of 5 stars Candy Is Old In More Ways Then One, March 11, 2007

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun bit of nostalgia, but overpriced, January 6, 2009
Fun selection of goodies. However, the product cost is high and the shipping cost is even higher. I feel it is overpriced, especially considering the majority of items are still available individually at local stores.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun product but outrageous shipping charge, December 4, 2007
This and the other "decade" classic candy boxes are fun products and make great gifts.

Unfortunately the shipping charge, at approximately one-half the cost of the product itself, is outrageous.

I've ordered these in the past and was going to order another as a gift to a college student, but I simply no longer can justify the high shipping charge.

--Lan Sluder

3.0 out of 5 stars A BIT OF FUN NOT A TON!, October 8, 2010
C.D.B. "cball" (Murrieta, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Thank God, I had the package delivered directly to my home before handing it over as a gift. The package is a wonderful idea; However, I was slightly disappointed in the presentation and the lack of items used. This gift is a bit of fun not a ton of fun nor a pound of candy! I was underwhelmed with how little of product received for the cost paid. The excitment of opening the package was taken down a notch or two by the tacky paper used and the poor presentation of the items within. The chocolate seemed old and a lot of the candies were unidentifiable due to perhaps it being from the East Coast rather the West. I strongly suggest having the gift box delivered to you before giving. This will enable you to locate and fill the box completely with more nostalgia goodies unlike what the company claims to be included. It was a blast reminising on the past! Now, my only hope is that this gift box brings the receiver the same joy I got after the box was completed with more candy and festive decorations purchased from Target and the Dollar Store around town. Overall, this is a fun gift that lacks charm due to it's presentation and lack of candy! Eat responsibly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great birthday gift!, January 25, 2011

She was so happy that she insisted that we bring the box to her birthday dinner with 3 other couples so she could show them what she got. All of the candy inside is fresh, and there is a LOT of it. My favorite is the candy cigarettes, but there is so much that we are constantly discovering new items.

In short, this is highly recommended as a gift for anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Hometown Favorites 1970's Nostalgic Candy Gift Box, Retro 70's Candy (Grocery)
a Lot of the candy was hard and old. Wouldn't purchase again. Lot's of sugary gum and not much of anything else. Wouldn't pay the price again

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad, January 14, 2013
Very hard. Of all the people who tried candy from this box, we all agreed that it could have broke our teeth out of our mouths. Hard as bricks.

1.0 out of 5 stars meh, August 28, 2008
Tracie "tracieknits" (Saratoga Springs, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
There were three items I liked, many I didn't like and over half that I can't remember. I'm thinking that most of this stuff got discontinued for a reason. The thought was nice, and it's the thought that counts. But yeah, save your money and get something that's not lame

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, November 27, 2010
90 percent of this candy and these brands are still sold in stores today!You could pay 30 dollars at the grocery store and probably get 4 times as much candy for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, December 15, 2011
I brought the candy into work, and offered candy to my coworkers. The reactions were absoultely fun! One coworker was almost brought to tears in rembering her father treating the kids with the parson's candy bun. The gum cigarettes were a big hit as people blew on them and watch the powder float. Well worth it!

Hometown Favorites 1970's Nostalgic Candy Gift Box, Retro 70's Candy