Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hometown Pasadena 2009-2010: The San Gabriel Valley Book
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 1, 2009
I love this book! Not just a terrific guide and resource to a great town but a witty read with entertaining antidotes, too. It makes an excellent gift. I have given several to friends and I also keep a copy for visiting guests. I enjoy the format, good reviews and clear-cut approach in this book so much that we have since discovered "Hometown Santa Monica" and "Hometown Santa Barbara" by the same authors. Our car has become a bookmobile of Prospect Park Books!
on November 25, 2008
I love this beautiful, glossy guidebook to my hometown and find myself referring to it frequently. My husband has tried many of the hiking trails listed. This book makes a great holiday gift! I plan to buy several copies of the new edition to send to former Pasadenans who will be homesick when they browse through this lively, lovely guide.
on November 19, 2008
This book was great! I was able to find a source for hard to find things. It also has a great overview of what to expect of any of the establishments mnetioned in the book.

Great cover! Perfect Christmas gift!
on May 28, 2010
This is a great book for anyone who is new to town. It is funny, witty, and extremely helpful. Not only does it help you find the "hole in the wall" places that makes Pasadena great, it points you in the right direction when you are looking for anything. Love coffee and are tired of Starbucks? There's a couple of pages that are entitled "14 Coffeehouses that aren't Starbucks." Feeling the need to get spiritual and want to know who/what's in the Pasadena area? "13 Spiritual Centers to Know" Want to take a walk? "Great Hikes in the San Gabriels" and "4 Walks around Town" will guide your way. Descriptions of each location, phone numbers, and helpful hints (Closed Wed) help the reader figure out what is what and where you're going.

I can't recommend this book enough!