2,305 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well!
After read one review on this product, I ordered. I wasn't sure if this 10$ panel works.
I installed yesterday, after scan, I got 54 HD channels. I just simply put on my dresser (tv in the bedrooom) facing the window, that is all.
Have to admit that, I see more channels (different) than cable TV services'. I cut my cable service to basic before.
I'm so...
Published 22 months ago by Gloria

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price!!
We're transitioning away from cable (we use Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc... for all streaming content) so we wanted to find a solution that would provide us local channels. I stumbled across this little bad boy and decided to give it a shot (for the cost, I went ahead an purchased 4). Shipping was SUPER FAST!!! I ordered on a Saturday and had them on Monday...
Published 16 months ago by Kevin Ehling

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price!!, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna (Electronics)

One drawback - the built in cable is too short. It really doesn't allow you much leeway to work with placement. I had to couple it to a longer cord. I found the higher up I could get the antenna, the less problems I had. You have to play with the placement of the antenna to get the best reception and channels. Right out of the box the antenna found 73 local HD channels (granted, most of the channels we ones that I'd never watch - EVER). The main local channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, KDAF, CW etc.) came in loud and in super HD. Sometimes the picture will pixilate, but it's not terrible.

I attempted to set up a second TV and had much more difficulty in finding a placement that would allow for good reception. Still working on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well!, November 18, 2012
I'm so happy about this product. I may order another one for our living room.
Btw, I live in South Bay area in California, I'm on 2nd floor.

New update: I put the antenna on the TV in the living room, I got 67 channels scanned. So I ordered 2nd one last night.

3.0 out of 5 stars Research before buying, November 28, 2013
Research before you buy. Look up dtv.gov/maps to see what channels you will receive for free in your area before buying this. You are most probably going to receive what you see there. If you are expecting 54 HD channels as some reviewers wrote, you might be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 19, 2012
Ned Ryerson (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I use this antenna in San Francisco Bay Area. Taped the antenna onto the wall, voila, I can see over 50 channels, many HD. I stopped counting after reaching 55 or so channels.

Many reviews say this antenna cannot pick up any channels or can pick up only a few channels. Maybe this is caused by scanning in "cable" mode rather than "antenna" mode. I made this mistake in the beginning: scanned for five minutes, got only 5 or 6 channels. Then I turned the TV tuner into "antenna" mode, and all channels popped out. Please make sure you check the scan mode before returning this product. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars This antenna is perfect, September 27, 2012
Great deal, excellent reception, small, and light. This antenna picks up more channels than the $40 antenna on my other tv. I highly recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great for Me, August 9, 2013
Short review: if you live in or near a city with local stations, you will love this.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I am sure the huge discrepancies in reviews stems from the fact that some reviewers live in or near a major city (like me) and some do not. I live in a high rise in Chicago, and this works great for me.

I don't watch a lot of TV, and my cable bill kept increasing at the end of each year without reasonable explanation. This, of course, occurred after the season for my football team had long since been over. I finally decided to just cut the cord because I was essentially paying $40 a month to watch football. I went 7 months without cable, but with football season rolling around again, I thought I would give this a try.

I can't believe how well it works. I get CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, MeTV, MeToo, ThisChicago, Ion Television, WGN, and probably another 25 other channels I don't really watch. Do I have to occasionally move the antenna around? Yes, but I literally spend about 30 seconds moving the antenna an inch here and an inch there and then I'm done. Some days I don't have to move it at all. Considering this $10 item saves me about $500 a year, I have no complaints.

My antenna is laying on the TV stand, next to the TV. It's about 8 feet from the window, so I don't think it's necessary to relocate your TV to make this work.

I read some reviews where the person said he or she couldn't pick up any channels. This is likely related to the fact that he or she doesn't live in a big city, or he or she didn't program it correctly. You need to plug it in and then run a search on your TV for channels using the antenna option. It won't find anything under "cable." It sounds obvious, but I don't think everyone has searched far enough through their TV menu to find these options.

I've had this for about two weeks, and I'm only upset that I didn't get it sooner. But, I had it in plenty of time to watch the Hall of Fame game last weekend, so I really can't complain about anything.

At the end of the day, I say try it. What are you really out for $10? I believed it was worth the gambling, and it definitely paid off for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got 33 Digital OTA channels, August 5, 2013
I am impressed with it. Just wanted to try out and see how good the reception of OTA in the area I live was. For 10 bucks it was a good one to start with. I got 33 channels 28 of them pretty crisp and clear. Used it for over a month now.

Ordered the same for friend of mine but did not work that well for him.

You can check the coverage in your area at the following link
[...]

Update 6.26.2014 - I assume any third party links would be removed by amazon. Here is the link again
[...]
If this is removed, you can try searching for fcc dtv maps. Its usually the first link.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent antenna with an excellent price, November 30, 2012
This antenna worked perfect even with my apartment being very hidden between buildings. This is antenna has a great reception and is super cheap compared to the other alternatives in Amazon (priced $60+).

5.0 out of 5 stars flat antenna, August 30, 2013
hi amazon this item homeworx hdtv digital flat antenna uhf/vhf hw110an works great we can get chan 2 cbs watching the game shows every day in NEW YORK CITY......THATS A MIRICLE....THANKS AMAZON.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise, surprise, February 11, 2013
I have bought two HomeWorx HDTV antennas, in two different orders. Before ordering the first one, I was very skeptical, how good can a ten-dollar antenna be? When I received it and opened the package, there was just more doubt in my mind, it just looks like a mouse pad! But after hooking it up with my TV, it was a complete surprise, all the channels that I know and don't know in my area were picked up just fine, it just kept brought up "wow" from me. So I decided to buy a second one to replace an old HDTV antenna which costed me about $40 but picks up less channels than this little one, what I shame.

Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna