Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Homo Britannicus: The Incredible Story of Human Life in Britain (Penguin Press Science)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 12, 2013
This is a really interesting and stimulating book, but the Kindle edition has a really annoying limitation - it's impossible to read the graphs and figures without a powerful magnifying glass. This has happened to me before with a scientific book on Kindle: the graphs and figures are there, but they're so small it's impossible to read them, and the function for increasing the size of the text doesn't work on illustrations. I should mention that I have no problems with eyesight.

So I would warn anyone against buying this book in the Kindle edition unless they're not interested in the graphics (which seem to contain interesting information). I certainly won't be buying any more serious books on Kindle until I hear that publishers are taking more care with how they include the illustrations.
on October 19, 2012
Fascinating and very well written. The team that did the work(Ancient Human Occupation of Britain) is to be commended for their meticulous documentation, and their advancement of knowledge about humans in Great Britain.