Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: One Size|Color: Pomegranate Passion Fruit|Change

on September 12, 2010
I'm a runner doing 30-50 miles a week and am currently (9/10) training for the Chicago Marathon. I've tried all of the gels and chews that are out there and these are my favorite. I don't like gels as that squirt of mush activates my gag reflex. Plus you always need water with them. I've tried all of the other brands of energy chews (I think); Sharkies (good but sticky and not very tasty), Clif Shot Bloks (nice package, very sticky on the fingers), GU Chomps (super sticky and caused some nausea), PowerBar Gel Blasts (very good but tough to chew if cold). The Honey Stinger chews are very easy to chew and you don't need water. They don't stick to your teeth either. The main selling point for me is that they taste good and don't cause nausea no matter what. I'm sticking with these ones.
0Comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
I'm a runner who, until recently, used gel packs for my fuel during half and full marathon training. I discovered chews, which were better than the gels but lacked decent taste.

My buddy introduced me to Honey Stingers and I've been buying them by the box here on Amazon since. I'll usually start my runs with a Gatorade prime juice pack and start sucking/chewing on these around the five mile mark. I tend to eat 1-2 per mile so I get the benefit of sustained energy. It also does quite a bit to occupy the time.

These things are delicious and seem to have the right melting point that allows them to be really juicy and hold off dry mouth during a run. I've used plenty of other brands, but love the Orange flavor of these. For the price, buy a box and give them a try. It'll be worth it.

If this review was helpful, please recommend it. Thanks!
on August 25, 2010
When I'm riding and hit the wall where my legs are just out of gas (glycogen) I can eat a pack of these chews and within minutes feel relief and renewed energy! I never go on a ride without them. oh yeah...they taste pretty good too.
on October 29, 2011
Honey Stingers are the best for long bike rides(50 miles or more). Orange Blossom is one of my favorite flavors.
on October 6, 2010
I can't stand GU anymore so i found these. For me, i feel like i got much more energy and so much better tasting. These taste as good as any gummi candy out there. Sometimes during the week i'll open a package and eat a few every day before my workout, and i really notice the extra energy towards the end of the workout.
on December 29, 2015
These taste sooo good and they really do work. I can feel my energy levels go up maybe 10-15 min. after eating them. I bring them with me on my longer runs and usually have 2-3 once I hit the 5 mile mark. One of the experts at my local running store said that I needed to have some type of energy product after running for 45 min., which is why I set out to find a product like this.

I was nervous to try the other popular products on the market (mainly the popular energy gels) because I was scared of the consistency since I have a bad gag reflex. I am so glad I tried these first. They taste great, are easy to chew while running, don't upset my stomach, and provide energy as needed. I have already ordered a second box. The only downside to these are the price is a little high, but I am willing to pay a little more for something that tastes good and works! I guess the other downside would be how good they taste - it is hard to only eat a few as needed and not scarf down the whole bag! My 2 and 4 year old each tried them too and loved them. Now I have to hide them since they are pretty expensive "fruit snacks", lol.
on October 22, 2010
OK, I have no connection with the company, but I have to say that Stinger Chews are heads and shoulders above the other - gooey, bad tasting less nutritious and artificial products like Shots, Blocks, Gels, etc. They are not messy, taste amazing, and 2-3 of them will keep me going for an hour on my bike. All this and they are made by a bunch of young guys in Steamboat CO - not a large CP company. I buy them by the box of 12 - go through 1 bag a day when I am riding. (I like Pomegranate the best) -Bob from Denver
on February 16, 2014
i love these! they helped me finish my first marathon in good time! and no cramping! and no sickness! Orange blossom is my favorite flavor! Honey stingers kept me going throughout my marathon training and racing. i had a hard time with the gels and decided to try the chews. what a wonderful idea! i don't know what i would do without them. i take them on any run over 8 miles. they fit perfectly on my race belt. i eat one bag every 8 miles. they taste great, don't give me upset stomach (when taken with water), and only make your fingers slightly sticky (if you're not skilled enough to pop them in your mouth straight from the bag). they are one of the reasons i get excited to run! great excuse to eat sweet treats!
on December 12, 2009
I am a distance runner, but I'm not a big fan of the sickly-sweet energy gels that are on the market. I read about these in Amazon.com reviews, and I tried them, and they are as fantastic as advertised. They taste great, and they are just the thing to eat before or during a long workout. I can't recommend these to people enough. Just be thankful that they come in such small packages, because otherwise you would just keep eating them!
on October 23, 2009
These are really good!!! Also, be sure to try the Cherry Blossom flavor if you can - that one tastes absolutely wonderful!! This doesn't stick to your teeth at all and it has a very pleasant taste and even smell to it. One pack has just enough pieces. Great to bring along when you're traveling. I gave some to a 7yr old and she loved it! Because it's not too sweet (none of that dreaded corn syrup in here), people of all ages would easily approve of this - I certainly do and would not hesitate to recommend this to everyone!