Honeywell Ademco 5834-4 Four-Button Wireless Key Remote
|Price:||$22.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Honeywell Ademco 5834-4
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Package Height||1 x 1.7 x 3 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.05 pounds|
Read about our customers' top-rated security and surveillance products on our review page: Security and Surveillance
Top Customer Reviews
1) Enter programming mode. Frequently this accomplished by pressing: 6321 800 *56
2) Enter the zone number. Zones for wireless key fobs start at 26 and go to 41. Each button on the fob gets a different zone. If you already have 1 key fob then chances are zones 26-29 are already taken, which was my case. So I started with zone 30. Press: 30* (star moves you to the next menu).
3) Enter the "zone type." Some options are: 07 (audible alarm, i.e., panic), 20 (arm-stay), 21 (arm-away), 22 (disarm), 23 (no alarm response). For my arm-stay button, I pressed 20*.
4) Enter the "report code." I made sure it displayed "10" (all I had to do was press 1). This was based on something I read in a tech forum. Press *.
5) Enter the "input type." Since this is a button type, it should be 5. Press 5*.
6) Push the button on your key fob that you want to use. You'll need to hold it down long enough for the light on the fob to turn on. Then you'll need to do it again. In fact, I found I had to push the button 4 times for my system to record it. Then push * on the alarm pad to advance to the next menu.
7) At the enroll mode ("1A LC") screen, press: 0.
That should get you through 1 button on the key fob. You'll need to repeat for each button. Once done make sure you're on the zone screen (you may need to hit the * button a few times to get there), then press: 00. This exits you out of this level of programming but keeps you at the *56 level.Read more ›
... the "instructions" that come with it are obscure, to say the least. My advice is to watch the video at [...] and write down the exact keystrokes. If you have a Honeywell Vista 10p 15p or 20p (most recent ADT systems are one of these), and if you do as shown in the video your remote will be programmed into your alarm system. BUT ...
... it won't work yet. Don't despair. There is a paragraph at the bottom of the "instructions" that come with your keyfob titled "Assigning a Wireless Key to a User". The column on the right ("On Vista-20P/15P/10P/Vista-21iP and variants) has further instructions. I have no idea why, but if you then follow those instructions your keyfob will work. Note, in those instructions the 4-digit master code is the code you use as owners of your alarm system, the two-digit zone number is the first zone number you used when you followed the instructions in the video, and the user number is something you assign (but make sure it's not a number already in use -- for example, if you have given unique codes to 2 people plus your master code, use a number above 5. You can't use 01, 02, 03, or 33). You only have to do this once. That is, you only have to do it for one zone number that you used when you followed the instructions in the video.
Some day a company will come along and make home security a lot easier to set up and will do it using the style and standards of ease of use expected in modern electronic systems.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works as promised and just follow the instructions to program - Youtube has good videos to assist you as well.Published 16 days ago by Mark Raggio
The RF was a trip to get programmed properly. Since I purchased just one key fob it was a little difficult to compare it with another unit. Read morePublished 17 days ago by pqlty
Great little fob. The directions were hard to follow, so we found "how to do it" videos on UTube and programmed it.Published 20 days ago by JCB
Received this promptly and was quite happy with it. Now my husband has his own key fob to the house burglar alarm. It was easy to program too.!Published 24 days ago by Christine Shuck