5.0 out of 5 stars Working great so far...
Published on November 15, 2010 by Anthony M. Steiner

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap but not very reliable, esp on battery power
these aren't the most reliable sensors. they would always give false alarms on battery power and i would not recommend them if you cannot hardwire them. the batteries are costly anyway so do yourself a favor and hire a low voltage guy to run the wires through your house. just make sure it's the correct wire, as our guy used the wrong one initially and had to redo it...
Published 3 months ago by Sierra

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great so far..., November 15, 2010
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
I bought this sensor to replace my old motion sensor which was setting false alarms from our 2 cats. I put this sensor in the same place as the old one. It required a different wiring hookup, which took a few minutes to figure out. The instructions included were not much help in this regard. It requires +, -, and a loop (2 wires) for the alarm trip. My old sensor only required +, -, and one wire for alarm trip. Luckily for me, the original installer used a 4 wire cable, so I had to just connect the 4th wire at the sensor, and the 4th wire in the alarm control box. It also required a resistor which I also had already. But I'm not sure if that would be specific to my alarm. We have been using about 3 weeks now, and no false alarms ...yet! If we get any I will update this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Motion sensor, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
I install Alarm systems for a living. This is a low cost great working unit. Just remember to never point this unit toward a window that will see the morning or afternoon sun as to eliminate false alarms. This is a hard wired unit, that uses voltage from your alarm control unit and opens a relay in the motion sensor when it see's motion. It requires a four conductor wire to be run between the motion and control unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sensor - installation tips, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
I spent a lot of time trying to get the Aurora Motion Sensor to work correctly. I am a amateur and didn't want to pay for the pros to come out. I replaced a 25 year old motion sensor that had 6 possible wire connectors. The Aurora has four. The sensor's red light worked correctly showing movement but the zone at the keypad always showed it tripped (open). I did a lot of research on the internet and learned it needed a small resister (5.6 Ohms) attached to one of the wires (not the positive or negative wires). The resisters are very cheap at Radio Shack (about $1.50 for 5). I kept blowing out the 2.5 fuse in the main security system control box and this would stop my basement motion detector from working also. I finally noticed the tiny resister on my old motion detector had a 2.7 Ohms resister. Long story short, I could have just reused this resister, attaching it one of the wires. I bought a new resister though and now it works beautifully.

If this sounds complicated it isn't. Just connect either a 5.6 Ohms resister or a 2.7 Ohms resister to the end of one the wires that loops to the control box if you have the issue I describe above. Use a 5.6 resister if you only have one motion detector and 2.7 version if you have two sensors. A resister is a tiny bead with colored bands and connector wires out each end. I hope this helps others who experience the same installation problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality motion sensor, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
For such a reasonable price, I did not expect this sensor to work any where as good as it does. I am using it ourdoors, under the roof line and it picks up vehicles and people approaching within forty feet. So far, no false alerts either. The contact terminals are clearly marked plus, minus and the closing contacts as well. It took ten minutes to install and have operating. I highly recommend this motion sensor for use with alarm systems.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st class item, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
Easy to install. Works beyond perfect. Very happy with design and function and performance and look. Will buy more in the future if needed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
We needed a second PIR downstairs and this one fit the bill. Easy to install and works like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up!, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
This is being used as part of a prototype for a project that I'm working on and as such has performed flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING PRODUCT !, December 13, 2011
SO-GLAD (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
For your money, this is a very good Infrared sensor! It's amazing that ADEMCO has this IR sensor priced so reasonably, but here they are...

Small, EASY to mount and a good buy for most homes, garage or workshop. Just DON'T FORGET to use some DAP or other sealant to COMPLETELY seal the hole where you insert the alarm-connection cable! KEEP those spiders away from the innards.

I highly recommend this product, but it MAY not be the best choice for business or locations with high-dollar items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sensor, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
We used this to replace a switchmat when we changed flooring to tile. Pet immune setting works great - no falses, very pleased. PIR's have gotten way better over the years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor
Good product for price and easy to install once you understand the instructions that came with product. Instructions could of been easier to follow but after reading several times I was able to proceed with successful installation

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›