5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaner Air
The Honeywell 16x25x4 Ultra air filter replaced an Electrostatic Air filter that wasn't living up to all the hype that came with it. Before installing the Honeywell unit I had my ducts professionally cleaned,I could not believe the amount of junk that came out of my system. So far the new Honeywell Ultra is doing a fine job, there is a noticeable difference in the air we...
Published on December 12, 2008 by DWM Jr

3.0 out of 5 stars Honeywell Air Filters
My old Electro Static Air Cleaners must have died and there was always lots of dust in the house. I saw these new Ultra Efficiency Air Filters made by Honeywell and decided to try them. The filtering capability provided by these Honeywell air filters is nothing short of amazing. My wife said there is almost no dust in the house anymore. There is unfortunately one down...
Published on December 21, 2009 by Gary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly poor packaging!, May 30, 2010
Rainwater (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
Filter was delivered very promptly - on a Saturday by Fedex even though I opted for 'super saver' shipping. Box was WAY oversized with the extra space partially filled with used plastic bags. Filter was crushed/bent to the point it couldn't be straightened enough to tightly fit in the filter housing. So ... it's on its way back to Amazon for refund. I'll buy locally. Filter was sold and shipped by Amazon. First time I've had a packaing issue with anything from Amazon.

As for the filter itself, I've used this filter (or the Filtrete version) for years. It's a very good filter and does what it's supposed to do. It is 4.5 inches thick but it fits my housing just fine.

My star rating is averaging 5 for the filter and (less than) 1 for packaging.

1.0 out of 5 stars More like 4.5"!, December 18, 2013
Well, I thought this was a 16x20x4 filter. I took out my old 16x20x4 filter and tried install this one, but it wouldn't fit. Puzzled, I got my measuring tape, and discovered this is actually 4.5+ inches wide. It's too big! If your opening is larger than 4", this will probably work fine for you, but if it's truly 4", look for a different filter.

1.0 out of 5 stars It arrived damage with a sticker on the filter itself that it was damaged. Great quality control., December 16, 2012
This review is from: Honeywell CF200A1008/E 4.5-Inch Ultra Efficiency Air Cleaner Filter (Tools & Home Improvement)
It arrived damage with a sticker on the filter itself that it was damaged. Great quality control. I should have returned it. Will look elsewhere next time.

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong size, July 26, 2012
The size isn't exactly 4", as stated in search. It is actually 4 3/8". Make sure you check the manufacturer info before ordering.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misrepresented product, June 24, 2013
This filter is shown on the web page as a 20x20x4" a/c filter. It is clearly stated on the page and that's why I purchased it. The filter actually measured 20x20x4-1/2" and is 1/2" too wide to fit the filter holder. I called Honeywell and explained this and they said they don't make a 4" filter, when I asked why they advertise this as 4" I didn't get an answer. When I asked them to take it back they refused because I had taken off the plastic wrapper in anticipation of putting the filter in the a/c unit. S0, Honeywell says it's my problem now. How's that for customer service. I looked into returning it to Amazon but because I had taken the plastic wrapper off I can't do that. So I'm stuck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaner Air, Less Dusting, July 24, 2012
We just bought a house built in 2005. The Honeywell Filter in the furnace was a MERV 10 and it was *very* dirty. We noticed a lot of dust accumulation everywhere. (We live in a dusty area, nearly desert-like.)

I installed this Honeywell MERV 12 filter and noticed an immediate increase in airflow at the outlets. We also see a decrease in dust everywhere, perhaps because this filter is cycling more air volume. The slightly smaller particle size trapped by the MERV 12 vs. the MERV 10 probably helps too. Either way, we are happy with the performance. I am anxious to see how dirty the filter is after the AC season is over, and how often the MERV 12 must be replaced.

The Amazon site notes that the actual size of the filter as 20x20x4.5 inches. I measured it at 19.75x19.75x4.5 inches.

These are $32 at HomeDepot. Paid Amazon $27.50 (delivered), a good deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficiency ratings vary..., December 8, 2011
I was way oversold the efficiency of the electronic systems and have replaced mine with the four inch Honeywell filters for the past couple of years, but I have two cautions.

First, the advertising says you can go up to year on a filter. However, I have two pets and an active family and have discovered that I have to absolutely replace the filter every three months. Or less! I've even had my furnace shut down in three months because the filter was so dirty.

Also, note that the filters are rated by their efficiency. A "merv" rating of thirteen is the highest and I think eight is the lowest--one merv point makes a big difference!--and they're priced accordingly. Many merchants that seem to have the lowest prices are quoting prices on the less efficient filters, so be aware. (I was using a filter rated a merv of twelve for a long time and thinking I was using the best.)

3.0 out of 5 stars A little got'cha to this product!, July 19, 2011
Product is fine except it is actually not 4 inches, it is more like 4 1/2 as another poster has pointed out. Too bad I didn't noticed this before purchasing this expensive filter. Did not fit my furnace because of the extra girth.
Very disappointed that this was not advertised with actual dimensions. Guess I should have bought the Nordic pure after all. Make sure your furnace has at least a 4 1/2 opening before buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, July 14, 2011
i am not going to claim that i no longer suffer from allergies but i can say that i feel a lot better in the mornings waking up since i started using the thicker filters. I don't wake up sneezing like i used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaces Honeywell electronic filter cells, January 7, 2010
Our Honeywell electronic filter unit stopped working. The control module likely failed. The cost of replacing the failed module was prohibitive -- about 12x cost of the replaceable filter element. The replaceable filter fit almost perfectly into the space of the two zapper cells. A small screw and plastic guide at the bottom of the guide track blocked the smooth install of the filter. The screw and plastic were removed and duct tape applied to cover small holes. No more snapping and popping from the electronic zapper.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›