5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaner Air

3.0 out of 5 stars Honeywell Air Filters
Published on December 21, 2009 by Gary

3.0 out of 5 stars Honeywell Air Filters, December 21, 2009
Gary (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
My old Electro Static Air Cleaners must have died and there was always lots of dust in the house. I saw these new Ultra Efficiency Air Filters made by Honeywell and decided to try them. The filtering capability provided by these Honeywell air filters is nothing short of amazing. My wife said there is almost no dust in the house anymore. There is unfortunately one down side to these filters. The filter paper they use allows almost no particulate matter to pass, it also makes the blower fan work significantly harder. I now notice unusual sounds and noises whenever the heat comes on. The new filters are obviously placing a significant load on the blower motor and I'm not sure if it will cause the motor to fail prematuraly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaner Air, December 12, 2008
The Honeywell 16x25x4 Ultra air filter replaced an Electrostatic Air filter that wasn't living up to all the hype that came with it. Before installing the Honeywell unit I had my ducts professionally cleaned,I could not believe the amount of junk that came out of my system. So far the new Honeywell Ultra is doing a fine job, there is a noticeable difference in the air we breath and no dust anywhere. I will inspect the filter on a monthly basis and replace as needed. So far, so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit - Read the description and verify your filter type before buying, June 30, 2010
C. Courtney "TAZ" (Sugar Land (Houston), TX) - See all my reviews
This is a perfect fit for the Aprilaire 20x25x4 filter. No the dimension isn't exactly 4" wide but if take the time to read the description you'll see it's made specifically for certain air cleaners. These were the originals, and others have come out since with variations on the size. So check your filter box's requirements, it should actually recommend a filter maker and the filter should indicate the what it goes to in this case Aprilaire and Trion units.

Just another side note, these are MERV12 4" filters, if you have other filters at the returns, be sure to use something light like a MERV 7 or less. Otherwise you're putting too much stress on the air handler and will not get as much airflow at the vents causing heating/cooling issues. Think of it as the first filter getting the big particals so as to not clock the 2nd filter (MERV12) which gets the small particles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Air Filter, February 10, 2009
Replaced the state of the art Electronic filter that I purchased with the heat pump for our new home, with the Honeywell filter, within two days we could tell the difference, definate reduction in dust particles. The filter fits into the space where the electronic filter was setting just perfect, this eliminated the need for the before filter and after filter that makes up the 3 piece electronic filter. 5 stars for The Honeywell.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent filter system for your furnace that just works better!, February 7, 2014
Length:: 1:57 Mins

Last summer I installed a new high efficiency furnace in my home and it was one of the best things that I have done. When it was installed I made sure that it was installed with the ability to use the Honeywell 20 X 25 x 4 inch filter system. We have already noticed a difference in our home. We have less dust and pollen in our home and it has effectively proved its worth to me.

I just replaced the filter and I installed one of these Honeywell Merv12 filters that will last up to 12 months. It is designed to capture up to 96% of the larger particles like dust, lint, pollen and mold spores, and 84% of the medium particles like pet dander and microscopic allergens and 50% of the smaller particles like bacteria, smoke, smog particles and odor carrying particles. It just works better to remove more items from the flowing air stream while still being highly efficient at allowing maximum air flow through the filter. It is also electrostatically charged to better capture and hold the dust and pollen in the filter.

This filter is worth the money and it has worked well for us. I rated it at 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit!!!!!!!!!, September 13, 2009
Great product. Happy with purchase. OEM product at a very good price. Saved a few dollars via Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not 4 inches wide, November 4, 2009
I ordered 3 of these to replace my old air filters, one of which had this part number so I knew would be a good replacement. For our other 2 furnaces, the air filters claimed to be '5' inches wide, but after searching for x5 around the web any only finding a few matches (all of which appeared to carry a price premium), I decided to order these, my thought being that a 4 inch filter would easily fit into the 5 inch gap.

To my great surprise, these actually appear to be x5 filters to me, and so fitted perfectly in all my system.

So this is either a good thing or a bad thing for you, but you should know this before ordering.

They look good quality and the one I had previously lasted ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Perfectly, July 12, 2009
This fits fully into the space, unlike the previous filter that had the same dimension. It's hard to get too excited about a furnace filter, but this is perfect for our needs, I will be ordering many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars filter, December 20, 2008
This review is from: Honeywell CF200A1620/E 4-Inch Ultra Efficiency Air Cleaner Filter 16 x 20 x 4 Inches (Tools & Home Improvement)
I went to a air and heating company and they were charging 50% more for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, October 9, 2009
Quality product and measurements are exact for the Honeywell Furnance Filter Replacements (CF200A1016 or FC100A1037).

Rate and Discover Movies