5.0 out of 5 stars happy so far
Published on October 13, 2006 by takacs

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly and cheaply manufactured...possibly a fire hazzard
I received this unit the first week of November 2006. By Valentines day it was toast (no pun intended).

At first it worked fine. I used it to warm the end of our big living room near the front door where it is was almost always cold. I set the thermostat at about 3/4 maximum and left it to work. It was also completely quiet as advertised.

Then,...
Published on March 17, 2007 by -n

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly and cheaply manufactured...possibly a fire hazzard, March 17, 2007
-n "nuevovo" (Pacific Northwest; United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)

Then, sometime in January, I noticed that the On/Off knob was turning brown near the edges--as if discolored by excessive heat. I turned it off to investigate. Then turned it on again. Nothing. The unit was dead. After repeatedly turning it off and on I noticed sparking underneath the switch. After repeatedly spinning the switch between off/on it would finally come back on and would stay on for 2 or 3 days until it failed again.

After about 10 days of this I unplugged it out of fear for my family's safety. Now it waits in my garage until I can take a trip to the dump and dispose of it. WHAT A GIANT HASSLE FOR A 55 DOLLAR HEATER! And don't doubt for a second that Honeywell COUNTS on people not wanting to hassle with returns.

Another example of an electronic device made as cheaply as possible with little or no regard for quality or safety.

It will be a cold day in you-know-what before I purchase anything else from Honeywell. I better find me a QUALITY heater soon so that day never comes.

-30-

Addendum: I went to Honeywell's website and got the customer service contact info. I have sent email (3 times so far) telling them of the problems and possible dangers and requesting refund or replacement. They have never replied.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy so far, October 13, 2006
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
we bought this heater almost a year ago to use in the home office area. we have no heating system in that room and it gets pretty cold. we keep honeywell running at 70F for approximately 6 hours a day and it works fine and heats up the room efficiently. yesterday we purchased the delonghi TRN0812T to put in the baby's room to save some space. we hope delonghi will do the job as good as honeywell.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oversize Heater, September 21, 2007
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
Heater appeared to be very good quality but the overall size did not permit it use in a small bathroom. None of the product specs. gave any dimentions which would have saved us from having to return the heater. We measured the heater for any other purchasers reference. It is 41"long X 5" deep X 7" tall. Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great use for our son's room, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
We purchased this heater back in October for our now 8 month old son's room to help take the chill off the air at night when he's sleeping. We picked this one because it was silent (no fan) and had a temperature control with an on/off switch. It works quite well even with the door slightly ajar at night. After 3 months of use, the heater is starting to make little creaking noises, but is still working fine.

The only down side to this heater is the metal surface gets really hot so we will have to be careful once he starts crawling and walking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, May 30, 2007
Sara (New York USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
The first week it was great. then it started making these loud clicking noises. and then about 2 months later it stopped working. by then it was too late to exchange. too much of a hassle to go through the company directly. probably would have spent 1/2 its value to get it working again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed heater, December 16, 2007
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
This heater worked for about 3 months, and now the switch won't turn it on anymore.

From reading other reviews, it seems like this is a common problem, probably due to the heating of an internal switch. The heater is impossible to open to try to fix it, and I can't find anything about this product being recalled.

3 months of operation is way to low for $55... Don't buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 Dead within 6 months, December 18, 2007
A. Lindenblatt (Prince Rupert, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
I bought two of these heaters and the on/off switches went on both of them, rendering them useless, within 6 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, February 1, 2008
SavedByTechnology (West Brookfield, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
I ordered this from Amazon on 1/27/08 and received it on 1/30/08 with the free shipping. Talk about fast.

For the price, this is a very good heater. The digital thermostat version costs almost twice as much and is no longer available.

Because this is a radiant heater, it takes a couple minutes for the coils to get hot. But once it heats up, it has a very even heat distribution through the top of the large grille opening.

I use this in my daughter's room because the existing baseboard heater no longer functions well. To maintain 67 degrees with an outside temp of 28 degrees, the unit operates for 3 minutes and 15 seconds before it cycles off for 11 minutes and 30 seconds. So in effect, it's running for 12 minutes per hour. And that is with a house that has less than ideal insulating conditions (single-pane windows and drafty at that). So I believe the unit is very efficient. I'm hoping this will reduce my electric bill a few dollars per month.

Even though it is labeled a portable heater, it is anything but that. It is not heavy, but it is long. If space is an issue or you need something you want to move from room-to-room, buy an oscillating heater.

I hope the review helps other buyers in their decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 1500 watt heater on the market...., February 12, 2008
This heater out performs my oil-filled 1500 watt heater hands down. I replaced my bedroom heater with this one 14ft X 13ft ... We live at 2600 feet... In the past , my oil filled unit takes the chill off my bedroom .. This one woke me up sweating last night.. I had to turn it off and crack the exterior door to cool the room down.. The temperature outside dropped to below 40 degrees and we use no other source of heat at this end of the home.. In fact, One unit in my living room 13ft X 17ft with an 18ft peaked ceiling and a full wall of windows... Takes the chill right off.... Didn't even start a fire today .. I'm impressed..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, February 8, 2008
This review is from: Honeywell Low-Profile Silent Comfort Heater (Kitchen)
This heater makes me question why I have always used the ones that blow warm air...This one is efficient...quiet and works great especially for my oldest dog who has arthritis....