4.0 out of 5 stars Works as promised and more...
I purchased this unit to replace an old rotary-style thermostat. This works very well with our central-air system. Setup allows you two programs: M-F and Sat-Sun

For each program, you can specify Four Temperatures and their respective times:

1. Temp at wakeup (wake)

2. Temp during the day (leave)

3. Temp in evening...
Published on September 5, 2006 by JAB

2.0 out of 5 stars honeywell gave bad customer service for bad motherboard
Published on December 28, 2010 by nerenttt

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as promised and more..., September 5, 2006

For each program, you can specify Four Temperatures and their respective times:

1. Temp at wakeup (wake)

2. Temp during the day (leave)

3. Temp in evening (return)

4. Temp for overnight (sleep)

This was fairly easy to install as a replacement for our old unit- fasten wall plate onto wall, insert wire leads into well labeled connectors, insert included backup battery, snap main unit into wall plate, viola!

2.0 out of 5 stars honeywell gave bad customer service for bad motherboard, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Honeywell TH4110D1007 Programmable Thermostat (Tools & Home Improvement)
After changing the batteries on the unit, the unit stopped working correctly . After trouble shooting on my own and reading up online, it was very clear it was the motherboard. I called honeywell, and they said the installing plumbing contractor would have to be called ( 80$ service call NOT to be covered under the 5 year warranty) in order for the licensed contractor who originally purchased the unit would have to be the one to file a claim. What if they are no longer in business! I told them I would happily pay for the replacement cost, but they said they could do nothing without the contractor calling and the contractor can't call unless they come out for a 80$ service call. Now that I know this "racket" , I would like everyone to know to ask their heating contractor to put in a "non-professional" thermostat that can be purchased at home depot , lowes , etc. That way i can serviced by you without the expensive service calls. I think Honeywell could have given me a chance to just get a new faceplate. They were unfriendly about it as well. Stay away from any models that start in TH and go for the PTH and save a lot of time and money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective, easy to configure, December 12, 2010
The value is excellent, and it's fairly easy to install. We have one of these for our upstairs unit and it works well. Configuration is intuitive and the backlight automatically turns off after a fairly short timer. It allows 4 time slots for M-F and 4 time slots for S-S. This does not auto-switch between heat and cool, but otherwise, its' great.

The "Adaptive Intelligent Recovery" is kind of annoying. To turn it off, hold both up and down arrows to go into config mode. Cursor UP to get to function 13, and cursor DOWN to change it to ZERO for off. Then hold both buttons again to exit and save.

This unit uses a couple of AA batteries, or it can use the C (common) line from your AC's transformer. Batteries last 9-12 months in this.

The manual is decent, but this version forgets to have you label the old thermostat wires before you disconnect the old thermostat. This model isn't directly listed anymore, and seems to be replaced by RTH4300B; however, Honeywell still has its manuals online. I'm not sure if Amazon will scrub URLs or not, so here they are expanded and linky:

Installation manual:

Operating manual:

Sales Slick:

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, April 11, 2010
richf (Berkeley, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a previous Honeywell thermostat:
[...]
that went flaky on me after about 4 years.

I was initially reluctant to buy another Honeywell, but after reading reviews decided that maybe this was the best choice for me. The convincing factor for me is that this is from the "Pro" line, so it comes with a 5 year warranty. Although I have no clue if that means that it's built any better or with any better quality components or not.

I'm not really sure what makes it a "Pro". They don't actually intend for it to be sold to anyone but contractors, which is somewhat absurd imho. There are a lot of settings that I don't necessarily care about, and going through them requires a somewhat non-intuitive setup phase (that you probably won't be able to figure out without a manual). So maybe that's the reason. But once you have it set up, the basic operation (including changing program values) is reasonable simple and intuitive and just like any other programmable digital thermostat that I've used.

I was a bit wary of the AIR (Adaptive Intelligent Recovery) feature, where the thermostat doesn't turn on when you set it, but instead tries to predict when it ought to turn on to be at the selected temperature at the selected time. Sounds like something that sounds great in theory, but might be flaky in practice. Esp. since one of the reviewers complained about it, as well as getting no help from customer service in trying to disable the feature. I decided that I was only going to buy the thermostat if this could be disabled. But the owner's manual gave no info about how to do that.

So I called customer service. I got a reasonably helpful person who was not an idiot and could speak English. (And when I asked a question he didn't know the answer to, he didn't just make something up -- he put me on hold and found someone else that knew the answer.) Anyway, the bottom line is that yes you *can* disable this. While the owner's manual doesn't cover this, the installation guide does. While these both come with the thermostat, they are also both available online. The owner's manual is here:
[...]
Fwiw, selection 0 in setup function 13 turns AIR off.
I can't speak to how well the AIR does or does not work, since I just disabled it during setup.

So far it seems to work, although I don't really have too many things I'm looking for in a thermostat. (Although it does improve upon my previous model in various respects, like having a backlight, and having a more informative display, and not requiring removing the panel to program it, and actually doing the right thing when you set a temporary temperature by keeping that valid until the next program change.)

I do have a few minor complaints about the physical design. I would like to see a few more holes in the backing plastic piece to give you some more options wrt where to mount the thermostat and where to run the wires. I had a few constraints relative to my existing installation, so I ended up using the existing left mount hole as is; ignoring the hole for running the wires; using the right mount hole for running the wires; and drilling a new hole for the second mount hole. Not a huge deal, but I could understand if some people would be nervous about drilling into the plastic. Also, I was able to run my wires through the small mount hole b/c I only have a 2 wire system. For a more complicated system, that might not have worked and I might have had to drill a larger hole.

Also, it's a bit of an effort to remove the main unit from the base, which is necessary to change the batteries. I'm nervous that that will put excessive stress where the unit is mounted into the plaster. I guess I'll just have to try to be as gentle as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best Thermostat I have had so far, April 29, 2010
Very easy to install and set up a program so it works properly
A must if you wanna make your life easier
Also Honeywell has an amazing customer support
UPDATE 4/14
It died on me after 5 years as it wasn't keeping to the program efficiently and at times it would raise the temp 15 degrees higher, so I am now awaiting a new Honeywell as it was ordered yesterday
They do make a High Quality Thermostat and will continue to stick with them with my 3 Zone heating

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thermostat, May 26, 2014
I'll be honest -- I consider myself a high tech person. I work in the tech industry as a developer and I love buying new gadgets. But one of the things I don't consider needed is the trend we have with "smart" thermostat.
I happened to need to upgrade my thermostat from an old one with my current house recently, and I thought about getting Nest or one of the competitor products (even one from Honeywell themselves). I just found the idea of a thermostat adjusting its temperatures by predicting what I want not necessary and not reliable. (mostly since the scheduling of my life is so unpredictable even to myself)
There is really only one thing I need in my thermostat (aside from being able to turn it on) -- to schedule it to turn on in the morning when I go to sleep at night. I live in the SF bay area where it could be 70F the evening before and 55F the next morning and it's a regular thing. Having the heater turn on itself in the morning is a godsend. And I hate turning on the heater when I am sleeping -- it wakes me up. (which makes it perfect as an alarm clock for the morning)
This thermostat, can do exactly this reliably, and only costs literally a fraction of the price of Nest or any other smart thermostat. I will choose this any day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job well., February 27, 2010
This thing was cheap and works like a charm. Love not having to think about changing the t-stat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Price!, August 8, 2014
I have had this installed for close to a year now. I used it during our very harsh Midwest winter this last year. It functions exactly as promised and was easy to install. Also offered at a wonderful price compared to other thermostats with these features. Hasn't failed me yet! I'm very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product & customer service!, September 28, 2007
Works excellent. Far better than the old mechanical thermostat. Seems to be more energy efficient because it is within +/- 1 degree of the temperature that you currently want. Excellent product and customer service! Would buy again from this company. Recieved quickly and efficiently.

3.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctions, customer service unhelpful, December 10, 2007
J. Mann (southwestern NH) - See all my reviews
Truth: This is about a thermostat in an elderly person's home. I have set it several times in an effort to get it working properly, but it consistently fails. For some reason it turns to the daytime setting in the middle of the night, when it is supposed to be set at 55 degrees. The instruction booklet tells that it will "learn" how long it takes to warm up from the "sleep" to the "wake" temperature, and start the heating cycle earlier by that amount, so that at "wake" time your house is at "wake" temperature. Well, the thermostat seems convinced it needs several hours to warm up, and the thermostat cannot be convinced otherwise. Maybe a hammer would help. I called customer service and was told only the "contractor who installed it" could reset it. So much for customer support based in South Asia.
I give it 3 stars because it looks nice on the wall.

Honeywell TH4110D1007 Programmable Thermostat