Extreme Engineering 3 Seasons 2005
Amazon Instant Video
1. Operation Snohvit Snohvit is Europe's first Liquefied Natural Gas plant being built in the port of Cadiz in Spain. It's the first time a natural gas treatment plant has been built so far away from where it's being installed, the icy Arctic Circle which will be its home.
2. The El Cajon Dam The El Cajon Dam on the Rio Grande de Santiago River in Mexico is the largest current construction project in Latin America. A fast construction effort, when completed, this $750 million structure will be able to supply 2% of Mexico's electricity needs.
3. Hong Kong Cable Car On Hong Kong's Lantau Island a team of experts are building one of the most impressive cable cars ever seen. This year-round system, the Ngong Ping 360, as it has recently been renamed, is not only the longest detachable cable car system but the biggest.
4. Woodrow Wilson Bridge The Woodrow Wilson Bridge that has spanned the Potomac River since the 1960s is proving inadequate for the demands of the 21st Century. A replacement is being constructed, featuring seven more miles of roadway to connect Virginia and Maryland.
5. Gotthard Tunnel The Gotthard Base Tunnel is set to become the world's largest rail tunnel, creating a flat rail link for travel through the Alps. With breakthrough engineering methods, this project is undoubtedly one of the most exciting and dramatic of modern times.
6. Dubai Ski Resort Ski-Dubai offers what seems impossible - snow in the desert. Rising from the sea of sand that surrounds Arabia's most vibrant city, it's the first indoor slope with a black ski run and will provide the complete indoor alpine experience.
I don't understand everything they say but damn funny show! Smithy and Tessa compliment the main characters with a sublime backstory relationship. Well done.Published 9 months ago by RedZebra
great show for those who enjoy documentaries about engineering and the challenges that come about to build some of the tunnels and bridgesPublished 12 months ago by Anthony Pardi
Very informational. Really enjoy learning about different forms of engineering. The series goes into a lot of different aspects of the engineering process.Published 12 months ago by Diane Benson
Great show and very decent host. Almost as good as Dirty Jobs' Mike Rowe, but only a few notches lower :)Published 12 months ago by Y.B.