Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Honky Tonk Kat (Kat Colorado Mysteries)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

29%
71%

on October 29, 2000
While this is not among the best books written by this author, it comes a close second. Kat is largely away from home in this book so her interactions with her family, best friend and boyfriend are not as frequent in this book as in most others. For me, it is the interactions among these characters that are a major strength of the books in this series - along with the usually terrific plotting. But, the plotting was a bit lacklustre in this outing and not as compelling as other books in the series. Nevertheless, this is still a good read from reliable story teller.
on June 30, 1999
I usually have an idea of who the culprit is in mystery stories. In Honky Tonk Kat I had not a clue. There were so many different suspects I just could not pick one person to focas my attention on. The part I enjoyed most about this book was the flashbacks. Overall this was a very gripping mystery. The only reason why I didn't get a whole full five stars was because some of the family history part was very hard to keep straight. But, overall a very good mystery and worth taking a look at. Even if you are not intrested in country music. A fun read!
VINE VOICEon May 20, 2008
I've read 2 or 3 others by this author and although she's not my favorite mystery writer, her books are consistently enjoyable (at least the ones I've read so far).

This rather lengthy mystery could have been edited down to about 300 pages, I think, and the book would have been better. I thought the start was slow -- it took me a 100 pages or so to really get into the book. Eventually, however, this developed into one of those books that you were eager to get back to but did not stay up all night finishing.

The story line involves a country western singer, Dakota Jones, who is a lifelong friend of our tough private investigator, Kat Colorado. Dakota calls on Kat because she's been receiving threatening letters. Dakota immediately flies from Sacramento to Nashville to find out what's going on and keep her friend from harm. Almost immediately, a dramatic attack convinces Dakota that her friend is genuinely in danger. Although Dakota is fearful, she refuses to do as Kat tells her, so keeping her safe (and solving the mystery of who is stalking Dakota) is difficult.

There are long-lost relatives of Dakota who may be suspects, ex-husbands, sometime boyfriends, a manager or two -- many possibilities, but none that obvious.

I can't say I was terribly surprised by the person exposed as the stalker, but I also found it a bit hard to believe even then. Still, this is enjoyable reading for a rainy night or a long plane trip or a day on the beach.
on July 14, 1997
I have read all of Ms Kijewski's Kat Colorado books and have enjoyed them all. This one was a musical history along with the usual flair of Kat's ferreting out the bad guys. She keeps you interested by going back and forth with present to past and of course, bringing in her "love" interest to give us a look at her personal side.
I would recommend this to anyone that likes women PIs with a soft side.I rated this 8 because I'm from TN and some of the "history" was in my way of the story line...but still a good read
on January 17, 1999
This was my first Karen Kijewski book, and I really enjoyed it. Fun, realistic characters - and you are kept wondering who the culprit is. It makes me want to read more of her books. If you're looking for something to change your life, this isn't it. It's just fun to read.
on August 11, 2008
Kat Colorado is trying to help an old friend out when she starts getting threatening letters. The story builds then its murder!! You must read this if you love a fast paced thriller; to the very last page!!
on August 22, 2008
This is another one of Kat Colorado's stories. Her best friend is getting death threats and it's up to Kat to find out who the sicko is.