Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 16, 2008
I love the HonlPhoto system of light modifiers, and this is the base of that. The speed strap really lives up to its name...once it's attached to a flash, you can quickly and easily switch between snoots, grigs, gobos, and gels...in a flash (pun intended).

While some think this is expensive, I will continue buying this and the rest of the HonlPhoto line, as it's all made very well, looks professional, and helps me work faster.
on June 1, 2008
It's a little bulkier than what i imagined at first, but thats no problem for me. It still does the job pretty well, and you don't need to have any Velcro glued to your strobe. Magic.
on May 27, 2008
Been using these for a few months now, and I couldn't be happier. I whined a little when I bought them because ten bucks seems like a lot of money for a length of Velcro with some rubbery stuff on the back (and I'm, um, cheap...), but these have proved to be very, very durable. I have 2, for a pair of 580EX II's, and I leave them on all the time - they prevent scratches around the heads, too.

Highly recommeded.
on November 22, 2011
Met my expectations. I purchased the Opteka Grid not knowing that it came with a velcro strap and the two straps are identical. So, I'm glad I only bought one of the more expensive Honl staps.

This product was delivered without any issue.
on May 9, 2010
A $10 piece of Velcro? Yup, that is basically what this is. However, I have bought 2 (one for each flash I own) because it is very well constructed, works with both my 430EX II and 580 EX II flashes, and supports all of the other Honl items that I own (grids, snoot). I tried the do-it-yourself version, but mine would tend to slip and not hold the items as well as this one. The rubber back on the strap holds very securely to the flash head, and that is important when you are hanging "heavy" things like grids off of it. All in all, a good item that does its job well. Would rate it a 5 star if it were less expensive.
on May 27, 2010
I thought this was what I needed for my flash...just know, this product is much larger than needed. I like it and have used it a few times, but it's just got a 'funky/bulky' feel too it.

Something 1/2 - 2/3rds as thick would have been much better for my needs.

The price is good in my opinion, I didn't realize I was getting two...so that was a nice surprise.
on June 11, 2015
For something that is non-slip this thing slips like crazy. It is good a wide, but that doesn't matter if it keeps slipping off. I have Godox, Pentax, Metz, and Canon flashes and it slides of all of them. The PRESSlite stays on much better.

Yes all of these things are expensive but if you don;t want that sticky stuff all over your light head, you gotta shell out for a speed strap. only the good elastic ones with hold well. I have never seen elastic Velcro in bulk.

Besides, all my flash cases are pretty snug> Anything permanently affixed to the head and they wouldn't go in their cases.
on February 12, 2012
I didn't want to put adhesive backed Velcro on my new flash and I thought this strap was a brilliant solution. While it's true you could make your own out of some Velcro and an inner tube if you had to buy any of that you'd only save a few bucks and still have to put it all together. I found mine for about $10 which seemed fair enough. The rubber on the inside of this strap does a good job of gripping the flash head and doesn't budge when I'm adding or removing the filters. The quality is good and I expect to get a few years use out of it.
on July 4, 2013
I had to get Honl Photo Professional Color Correction Gel Filter Kit for Photo Speed System and HonlPhoto Color Effects Filter Kit for a photography class, this is needed to use the filters and it works well and easy to put onto the flash. I also needed Opteka OSG14 1/4-Inch Universal Honeycomb Speed Grid for External Camera Flashes and Opteka OSG/OSC-18 1/8-Inch Universal Honeycomb Speed Grid for External Camera Flashes, these come with their own, but this can be use with them as well. It is a nice price.
on February 11, 2014
HONL calls this a speed strap then justifies a $10 price tag for basically a "hook & loop" $1.50 strap from Walmart. I guess the fancy HONL name tag increases the price tag. Beware and look for alternatives. This should be an included item when you purchase any of their color filter packages.

BEWARE this more of a "Speed TRAP" than a speed strap!

See 1 answered question