5.0 out of 5 stars Great, fast, worth it!
I love the HonlPhoto system of light modifiers, and this is the base of that. The speed strap really lives up to its name...once it's attached to a flash, you can quickly and easily switch between snoots, grigs, gobos, and gels...in a flash (pun intended).

Published on September 16, 2008 by Bradley Boggs

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expensive for what you get
Met my expectations. I purchased the Opteka Grid not knowing that it came with a velcro strap and the two straps are identical. So, I'm glad I only bought one of the more expensive Honl staps.

This product was delivered without any issue.
Published on November 22, 2011 by Joey G

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, fast, worth it!, September 16, 2008
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)

While some think this is expensive, I will continue buying this and the rest of the HonlPhoto line, as it's all made very well, looks professional, and helps me work faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accesory, June 1, 2008
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
It's a little bulkier than what i imagined at first, but thats no problem for me. It still does the job pretty well, and you don't need to have any Velcro glued to your strobe. Magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., May 27, 2008
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
Been using these for a few months now, and I couldn't be happier. I whined a little when I bought them because ten bucks seems like a lot of money for a length of Velcro with some rubbery stuff on the back (and I'm, um, cheap...), but these have proved to be very, very durable. I have 2, for a pair of 580EX II's, and I leave them on all the time - they prevent scratches around the heads, too.

Highly recommeded.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expensive for what you get, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)

This product was delivered without any issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars I get why people buy it, but MAN...it's HUGE!, May 27, 2010
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
I thought this was what I needed for my flash...just know, this product is much larger than needed. I like it and have used it a few times, but it's just got a 'funky/bulky' feel too it.

Something 1/2 - 2/3rds as thick would have been much better for my needs.

The price is good in my opinion, I didn't realize I was getting two...so that was a nice surprise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, May 9, 2010
E. Lacey (Shrewsbury, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
A $10 piece of Velcro? Yup, that is basically what this is. However, I have bought 2 (one for each flash I own) because it is very well constructed, works with both my 430EX II and 580 EX II flashes, and supports all of the other Honl items that I own (grids, snoot). I tried the do-it-yourself version, but mine would tend to slip and not hold the items as well as this one. The rubber back on the strap holds very securely to the flash head, and that is important when you are hanging "heavy" things like grids off of it. All in all, a good item that does its job well. Would rate it a 5 star if it were less expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay but I add gaffers tape, September 13, 2010
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
Works okay but I add gaffers tape to help it hold better. I love the Honl grids that this attaches and use them to prevent flare.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Have, February 23, 2009
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
The most important thing about this item, it is removable and can be easily strapped back again. And this is very vital because there are some accessories such as Grey Fung diffusers that cannot be slid on the flash if you have a permanent Velcro glued to it. Its size also quite versatile, I get to use it on my Nikon SB600, SB800 and the large SB900. Not only you get to keep your flash clean without the residue of the glue, but if you have used the Velcro type and then had to remove it to use another accessory it will be difficult to attach and detach the accessory due to the glue residue that remains on the flash and sticks to your accessory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work As Expected, August 31, 2009
Ben Wong (Mequon, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
Well, it is after all a piece of velcro. The idea is to wrap it around the flash and then stick whatever modifiers (with velcro) you want on it. Yes, it is expensive for a piece of velcro you can make yourself. Whether you make one yourself or buying this depends on how much time you have and whether that time is worth more than $10. So far, it worked well for me and it is pretty high quality (sturdy and strong). I have even made a cheap modifier (google a better bounce card) with velcro and stick it on this - so basically, anything that has the other velcro side, you can stick them on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best option out there, July 13, 2010
This review is from: Honl Photo Speed Strap (Accessory)
There are all sorts of DIY projects for speedlite accessories out there, plus a full line of store-sold accessories. So many of them now use velcro to connect the two together - if you own one of these accessories (or plan to buy/make some in the future), the speedstrap is the best way of going about connecting them, especially if you have a high-end flash.

The "old way" used to be wrapping a strip of industrial-strength velcro around your flash. This worked, but left you with a permanent strip of velcro around your flash. It didn't bother some, but it prevented you from using any accessories that fit around the edge of your flash. Fortunately, the speedstrap fixes that - it lets you simply attach or remove it as needed.

The back of the strap is a leathery/rubber like material which is GREAT as it sticks to the flash, giving it a tight hold. Unfortunately it's not perfect, as walking around with an attachment on my speedstrap (on tight), both of them came off and were lost. Fortunately the speedstraps are inexpensive, but there is that possibility of losing your accessories on a windy day without even noticing it.

Honl Photo Speed Strap