5.0 out of 5 stars my opinion
I love the Stephanie Chalice novels. They keep you interested from the first page to the last. There is humor, suspense, romance, friendship, and you feel one with the characters. I hate when the book ends. I have read all 4 and can't wait for #5.
Published 23 months ago by boopgal

3.0 out of 5 stars Our Honored Dead
Not as good as the previous Stephanie Chalice novels. I was anxious for the 4th but was disappopinted. It was OK but seemed to get off the police story line and more on the protagonist's love life. She is a good detective but that was repeatedly stated by the author.
Published 17 months ago by Joe Buttros

5.0 out of 5 stars my opinion, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Our Honored Dead (The Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 4) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars He does it again......, October 7, 2012
OK, I've been waiting for the next book in the Chalice series for months now and let me tell you that Kelter did not disapoint with Our Honored Dead. I downloaded this before I left for the airport and was finished with it before I landed. There were so many twists and turns and yet again, Kelter leaves you guessing until the end. Chalice was at her best again trying to solve the next mystery. Her witty humor and smart alek comments just keep coming and coming. I already can't wait until the next installment. My only disappointment is that it will be months before the next one comes out. GREAT JOB AGAIN AND AGAIN KELTER!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., October 17, 2012
Fred Form "taxform" (Levittown, New York USA) - See all my reviews
Great book. I have read the other books within this series and was excited about this story. It did not disappoint me. The author is very creative and made this book very compelling to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lawrence Kelter does it again!, October 14, 2012
This was the most attention grabbing book yet! I did not want to stop reading until I finished it. The twists and turns of the plot were mind boggling! I highly recommend reading Our Honored Dead...

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy new edition to the Chalice series, December 1, 2012
Stephanie Chalice (Cha-lee-see) is back, with her smart mouth and kick ass attitude to boot! Only this time, she is doing it in stretchy pants and probably has a few donuts stashed on her person!

Steph is going through some exciting new stages in her life, with her partner in more ways than one Lido, but with her long term friend needing her help and a killer on the loose the size of a large gorilla, she has her work cut out for her!

This book is the fourth in the Chalice series and I loved the way the character is going, she reminded me a little of Janet Evanovich's bounty hunter Plum, with her sizeable appetite and plain speaking mind. I really enjoyed this read, it was funny and sad, and the crime plot kept me guessing right till the last few pages, which I love as I normally work the plots out fairly quickly being an avid crime and thriller reader.

I am very much looking forward to book 5 if there is one, to see where the characters end up and how they cope with the new challenges and adventures awaiting them!

Rachel Dove
The Kindle Book Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, November 30, 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was Intense and had an awesome ending. Definitely recommend for a quick, good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner, November 26, 2012
Kelter keeps putting them out there and they get better and better. A must read for any police procedural reader!

5.0 out of 5 stars New York never a dull moment, December 17, 2012
This story takes place in New York, Staten Island etc. Four victims are murdered in a unique and special way. Stephanie & Gus are glad to be working on this case with their old friends, Mr. Kelter has a way of co-ordinating family humor and the love for fellow crime busters and still keep your interest in the Murders and the events leading up to the crime. Trying to figure out why the killer did what he did kept me up nights. Not complaining, just saying, There is a lot of suspense, and grisly people, a little scary. The end really took me by surprise. I never would have thought the story would end the way it did. I have read all 4 Stephanie Chalice Mysteries and am looking forward to #5,

4.0 out of 5 stars Gender jumble....?, December 14, 2012
Bevan (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
The author undoubtedly has a gift for storytelling. However, I had a psychological barrier reading a novel by a male who is writing as a `first person' female. The female lead character would make remarks and disclose `feelings' that made me pause and think: "Hang on that's actually a guy saying that"!
There's a bit too much irrelevant 'filler' which does not advance the story - it's annoying and just makes for a longer book. There are a few occasions, even between paragraphs, when the time-frame just does not gel.
The overall premise of the `villain's' rationale does not really crystallize and the final explanation seems cobbled together.
Still - gave it ****!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Honored Dead, November 30, 2012
ann (Townsville) - See all my reviews
Loved it, didn't want to put it down, kept you guessing to the end. Will read more from this author.

Rate and Discover Movies