Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 30, 2014
Plugged it in... five minutes later, crashed entire computer. Had to get a skilled tech friend to get into bios system to reset the entire system. Unplugged this Hub... everything worked fine. Replugged it... crashed system again. Here hoping you have better luck.. but would never buy this brand again.
on August 23, 2015
Nice Hub, but it's been hit or miss on what works on it. My wireless keyboards and mice don't work, none of my Garmin devices work, and some other USB accessories, but all my external hard drives worked ok, I like the hot swap option for thumb drives, all have worked so far. Also, data transfer is really fast, a great product, just wish more devices would work with it.
on August 19, 2015
Plug and play! I powered down my laptop, removed my old Targus 7 port hub I bought in 2008, and plugged this new HooToo USB 3.0 10 Port hub into one of my USB 3.0 ports and powered up my Dell. It took a little time for the device drivers to be downloaded and then everything worked fine again. My old Targus hub was starting to fail which is why I replaced it. I am looking forward to many years of service from this one and I like having the additional 3 ports should I find more devices to plug in. I would just like to mention that contrary to the Product Details that were there when I bought this HooToo 10 port hub in August 2015, this hub does not require, nor does it come with, a battery. Hopefully Amazon will correct the description. I almost decided not to buy it when I read that it needed a battery, but decided to take a chance. Nope no battery required and it works fine first try.
on September 10, 2015
The size is overwhelming! Literally half a brick! It has incredible wifi interference as I plug in my logitech wifi mouse receiver, it stops working. Plug the receiver into the old 2.0 D Link active hub, it's fine. Get this HooToo physically closer to the 2.0 D Link, the mouse disconnected again! Wow! I don't have any iron filing around otherwise I might do a science project and see its magnetic field. That's very disappointing. It works for thumb drives and other wired device, but then forget about wirelessly connected stuff. Not returning it as the costs of shipping back is half the costs of the device already. It nice enough to come with 3 foot long USB 3 cable.
on May 28, 2015
This works well with smaller capacity hard drives but can only power up to three (2) 4TB external USB 3 hard drives like the popular Seagate 4TB Backup Plus Fast Portable Drive http://goo.gl/dILTsk.
Try plugging in another will not be mounted with this 10 port hub. Any other sets of devices of 10 seem to work, just not higher capacity hard drives from my findings. I think this is because of the small 48 watts wall wart included. I have two (2) Anker USB 3 10 port hub that use 60 W wall warts allowing them to power up to 8 4TB drives per hub. The Anker hubs can also be daisy chained. http://goo.gl/ZE7s4r
I tried the HooToo USB3 hub for the power on/off feature. Wished it had a larger wall wart. Hope this helps.
on June 12, 2015
When it arrived, I plugged in to my MacBook Pro USB 3.0 port and then connected an iLok, 2 USB 3.0 Western Digital external drives and my USB Logitech mouse dongle. EVERYTHING WORKED !!! Then it just stopped. Dead. It says it'll handle up to 8amps. I had 2.6 amps connected. Poof...no lights, no signs of life. Back in the box and back to Amazon, who processed my return and refund promptly.

Since then, I researched a lot of alternatives and settled on an expensive but highly regarded replacement. The RS Thunderbolt-to-4 USB 3.0.
on July 3, 2015
This is a very nice USB 3.0 Hub that works very well in my computer lab. I can connect several external USB drives and still have enough power to add some smaller devices. It is nice that the ports light up when being used and that it comes with its own power supply. I replaced an older usb hub that just could not deliver with the new 3.0 devices. Very good investment that will last me many years. Thanks HooToo for making an excellent hub!
on September 17, 2015
HooToo has a great line up of products including USB hubs and battery chargers.
This is an awesome 10 port USB 3 hub that can make life easier on you if you have a lot of peripherals that require a USB connection.(Who doesn't).
The build quality is solid and it just looks cool on the desk.

Some of the peripherals that I have to plug into it are, external hard drives,wacom pen tablet,space mouse,USB drives,mouse,etc.

Highly recommended.
on August 16, 2015
Works as advertised. Make sure that you have a spare usb 3.0 is essential to make it work. No problems so far everything works that I plug into it. I cant speak to data transfers when more than one port is used. I do think it doesn't suffer to much to notice. Overall it works provided that you have usb 3.0 port free and a outlet.
on September 24, 2015
I originally ordered this because of the good reviews, but I definitely have to disagree with those reviews.

I received the hub, well-packed and with no obvious signs of damage. Plugged in the power adapter (which, incidentally, seems to be a poor fit) and the USB cable. Pressed the power button and nothing happened. The power LED didn't illuminate and the PC didn't detect the hub. I arranged for a replacement hub. When that one arrived, the exact same thing happened.

This PC is a new Alienware laptop and I've never had any trouble with other USB peripherals, so I'm inclined to believe the problem lies in this hub. Poor quality control, or maybe the power cable just doesn't fit well enough to supply power to the hub (the plug doesn't fully insert into the power port on the end of the hub).

Regardless of why, I can't recommend this product when there are so many other hubs that actually do work.