Hoopnotica Fitness Hoopdance Hula Hoop DVD Level 1 (Beginner)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- What is Hoopdancing?Hoopdancing is a low-impact workout combined with elements of dance and meditation that people of all ages, shapes and sizes can enjoy
- Hoopdancing is the art of maneuvering the hoop around your body as you burn calories and increase your flexibility and balance.
- Hoopdancing can be the ideal workout for pregnant women who want a safe way to stay in shape or for post-partum women that want to blast away calories and tone their body to their pre-baby size.
- Have fun when you exercise! Hoopdance provides an outlet for Hoopers to explore their creative inner selves and tap into the playful art of seduction. Feel sexy and boost your self-confidence while you burn calories and tone your body.
- Hoopdancing is great to do with friends, family, and your kids.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Hoopnotica Hoopdance Beginning Level 1 details the following hoopdancing maneuvers: waist hooping, hip hooping, halos, passing and floating, and corkscrews. The DVD begins with a general introduction that defines the overall goal of the first level and a warm-up using the hoop as a tool to help stretch the body before attempting to dance. One of my only complaints about this program is the lack of a dance sequence as a finale that the student can watch and copy that incorporates all the learned moves. Some fun music and a beginner's routine would have capped off this DVD and launched it into a 5 star rating.
For those who are new to hoop dancing: make sure your hoop is an adult sized hoop made specifically for dancing. I own two different hoops from two different companies: the Hoopnotica Fitness Travel Hoop Combo fits the bill nicely as it comes apart and can be easily transported.Read more ›
These two videos together, Beginning Level 1 and Beginning Level 2, provide an excellent introduction to hooping.
Though some find it too slow paced or suggest skipping it and going straight to Beginning Level 2 if you are not a "true beginner", I think that this DVD contains enough helpful tips that many who are not brand new to hooping may still find something they did not know and, contrary to what another reviewer stated, material introduced in Level 1 is not duplicated in Level 2 which introduces very different material.
If you are looking for a follow along work-out with an in-real-time routine, that is not what this DVD is about.
Also, be aware that Hoopnotica has put out the same or similar material at different points under slightly different names and, as of August 2011, many are still available through amazon.com; some say Beginning Level, some say Beginner Level and some say Workout but they are all different editions of the same instructional material with minimal variation ... or so say the Hoopnotica staff I spoke to when, confused, I called to clarify.
I think it is excellent and recommend it to anyone who is looking to have technique and moves explained and demonstrated. It does this very well - no more, no less.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hooping is a really fun way to move my body. It has been great at strengthening my balance and confidence as I return to being on my feet. Read morePublished 4 months ago by domestic goddess
If you're considering hooping and have already searched the internet then you probably have already seen everything included in this volume. Read morePublished 5 months ago by DelusionalAngel
Nice video that teaches great beginner moves. Definitely a fun workout that had me sweating. The only thing I would change is to have a full nonstop workout on the DVD. Read morePublished 5 months ago by janey detzel
Hoopnotica fitness hoopdance exceeded my expectations of hoola hooping and dance put together. It was easier to get into than I originally anticipated, the routine was simple to... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Sheryll Kelly