5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous -- a step up from the other Hoover detergents
Published on November 26, 2009 by DogBitez

3.0 out of 5 stars I works, but....
Published on January 6, 2012 by LG

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous -- a step up from the other Hoover detergents, November 26, 2009
DogBitez (California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoover Platinum Collection Pet Plus Carpet and Upholstery Detergent 50 oz, AH30035 (Kitchen)
I have tried, on a number of different occasions, a few of the Hoover carpet detergents: The lesser expensive Hoover Deep Cleansing detergent (a very nice all-purpose detergent), the Hoover Premium Pet Formula (great scent), and the (more expensive) Hoover Platinum Pet Plus. They are ALL great carpet cleaning detergents... but I would have to confess that I didn't find a huge cleaning difference between the Deep Cleansing and the Premium Pet Formula (I would favor the Pet Formula over the Deep Cleansing -- the Pet Formula has a lovely powdery scent and little bit more cleaning power that's worth an extra couple of bucks, I think).

All of that said, the Platinum Pet Plus detergent... whoa, that was a BIG cut above the rest. Twice the price, but twice the performance. It's a killer price-wise for me -- I can use an entire bottle of the stuff on just one good-sized room (we have a lot of dogs free-roaming our house plus we live in a rural mountain/country environment). But, if you compare it with the expense of professional carpet cleaning, or the cost to replace a room of carpet, a few extra bucks on the Platinum Pet Plus detergent is a great alternative when you have a seriously soiled carpet. In the end, I think I'll spring for the Platinum Pet Plus when the carpets are really THAT bad (more often than I'd like to confess to) or for a semi-annual cleaning, and then use the Premium Pet Formula for in-between light maintenance. If money were no object, I'd buy the Platinum Pet Plus every time. It's that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars alt60000, March 18, 2010
We recently purchased the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge (F5914-900) and the Hoover Platinum Collection Pet Plus Carpet-and-Upholstery Detergent. They are both my first ever. In the past we would hire the *professionals* to clean our carpet. Never again! Never again will I throw my hard earned money out the window (or in their pockets).

In the year we have lived in our house it would be kind to say that we have accumulated stains. The Hoover machine and this cleaner not only pulled up all of our stains from the two small dogs - the very old cat - and our preschooler, it also pulled up the stains the previous owner *claimed* a professional could not remove.

I bought five 50 oz bottles, because I read a review where someone said they cleaned one in a half rooms and used up a whole bottle. I'm not sure how big their mansion is, or possibly what they were doing wrong. Because in following the instructions in the machine's manual, I used two caps full every time I filled the tank (you would use two caps full for very soiled carpet). I cleaned our 2300 sqft house (most of which is carpeted) and did not finish off two of the bottles. Granted, the second bottle is almost empty. Oh well, I got free shipping and I have three more bottles of the cleaning solution to use over the next couple of year or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dealt with a toddler disaster with 100% success!, September 2, 2010
So my two year old has learned how to take his diaper off during the night. The other day he gave us a lovely surprise in the morning as the interior contents of his diaper were very helpfully spread all over his bedroom floor. Our lovely beige carpet was now a smelly shade of brown. We used our regular carpet cleaner and pre-treatment, ones that have served us well in the past for your standard baby and toddler related messes, you know, things like spilled juice, random dirt, and "what the heck is this sticky pink stuff?" type of cleanups. It got most of the grossness up, enough that I felt like a child could at least sleep in the room without needing to self-report myself to CPS. There was still some staining though, and it grossed me out. I ordered this stuff thinking that it might get the last of the staining out, and it's a good thing I did because the morning before it showed up Mr Now Being Toilet Trained did a repeat performance, creating an all-new mess over the pre-existing stains.

After getting the obvious out of the way I sprayed the carpet with a pretreatment (Woolite Pet) and went over the whole area with the carpet cleaner. Well, his room now looks better than the rest of the house which we try to deep clean the carpets as regularly as life will allow (about once a month or so, and boy does it need it by then!). I'm really impressed with how easy it was to get out both the new stains and the older stains. Even some areas that were just a bit on the dingy side were revived nicely. So, five big stars for a product that took a brown and tan carpet back to light beige. I'll be ordering this as part of the 4 for 3 deal in the future because with a second child on the way I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with pet., April 11, 2010
When raising a puppy, you are bound to have some potty training incidents. I use this product with my Hoover Steam Cleaner when doing whole floors and with my Bissel Lil Green Machine for individual cleanups. My dog has not returned to any place to toilet in the same area. This proves this enzymatic cleaner works. Animals will find the old scent if possible and return to that area to toilet. I feel this product made potty training easier because the dog has no place inside to smell and return to for toileting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Pet Messes (though great for those too!), July 10, 2012
Cali Lady (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
Most of my carpet stains were a result of high traffic, not the dog, so I originally opted for Hoover Platinum Collection Professional-Strength Carpet-and-Upholstery Detergent, 50 Ounces, AH30030. It got most of the dirt out, and I was happy with the results, until I tried the Pet Plus version. Wow. Although the Professional Stength filled the discard tank with dirty water and lightened the appearance of an old wine spill, my main hallway still looked matted down with ground-in dirt after multiple cleanings. After just one cleaning with Pet Plus, however, the hallway was like new and the wine stain was nowhere to be found. It even got up a grease-like stain from the previous owner that had survived a professional cleaning.

Of course, it also worked wonders on what it's labeled for. After eating a belly's worth of grass the dog ran in the bedroom and threw it all up on my white carpet. Her previous messes were easily cleaned up with Natures Miracle Orange Oxy Trigger Spray, but the grass mix made this stain a doozy. One time over with Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner, Black, F7412900 filled with the Pet Plus cleaner and the spot was gone.

I thoroughly recommend this cleaner for any kind of mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding cleaner, May 9, 2013
My dog has "stress leaks," and some of the stains were particularly difficult to remove. Stanley Steemer didn't get the stains out -- it looked clean while the carpet was still wet, but after it dried, the spots came back. This Platinum Collection Pet Plus carpet cleaner did a fantastic job, along with the Hoover MaxExtract cleaner I just bought. After the carpet dried, no more spot. I'll upload a before/after pic so you can see what I mean.

3.0 out of 5 stars I works, but...., January 6, 2012
LG (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I wasn't bowled over with the performance and while it does work better than the non-pet detergent in neutralizing the smell, it doesn't smell particularly pleasant itself. It's also expensive and I had hoped for significantly better performance in removing stains. It didn't; I still had to re-treat with pre-treat to get them to lift. If you have an area that is particularly smelly, I would recommend it for that reason alone; it's very good at neutralizing the odors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoover Platinum Pet Plus Carpet Shampoo, May 31, 2012
I found this Shampoo to be superior to the other Hoover shampoos I've used in the past. I ordered the shampoo from Amazon at the same time that I ordered my new Hoover Max-Extract 77 carpet machine.

I have always used Hoover brand shampoos over the last 23 years in the four hoover carpet machines I have owned but this shampoo seems to work better because of the enzyme ingredient. The frangrance of the shampoo is also a big bonus...my rooms smelled wonderful during and after cleaning the carpet.

I had a vomit stain from my cat that was set in by time and heat because it went undiscovered behind my couch which is in front of a heat register. I had used several things in the past to try and remove it.... white vinegar, other hoover shampoos, oxyclean.... but the Platinum Pet Plus shampoo did the trick! I mixed some up as a pre-spotter per the instructions on the bottle and let it set for awhile before shampooing and was pleasantly surprised.

I was so impressed with the shampoo that I ordered 4 more bottles, 2 for me and 2 for my sister. I took advantage of Amazon's special of buy 3-get 1 free. Even though this shampoo is more expensive, I felt it was worth the difference in price.
I was influenced to purchase the shampoo initially because of the great reviews it received on Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, December 5, 2009
I cannot say enough good about this shampoo or the Hoover Platinum Shampooer. It got stains out than have been in my carpet for a long time. Other reviewers complained about the cost but I think it's worth the bit extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth the price tag!, March 19, 2012
My significant other and I received the Hoovers SteamVac F5914-900 carpet cleaner for Christmas, but we were left with the question of which detergent to buy once we finished the included sample. The sample was a basic Hoovers-branded detergent that normally comes in a bright green bottle.

After doing extensive research on Amazon Customer Reviews (and other sources), it was determined that the Hoovers Platinum Pet Plus detergent was the perfect fit for us, despite its high price tag of $20 per bottle (almost double the cost of generic bottles).

- Echoing what others said, this detergent is AMAZING despite the price. It's definitely worth the double price tag because the carpets truly do feel fresh and fluffy; it reminded me of how the carpets felt when we first had them installed in the house last May (almost one year ago). This put the sample to shame.

- We didn't have any "major" carpet stains, but there were a few spots that needed cleaning. The detergent eliminated these stains AND it pulled up normal nasties (human and pet grime).

- Others have said that they needed to use more detergent (vs. other brands/detergents) to cover their square footage area. We did not find this to be true, so it leads me to believe that the amount of detergent used MAY BE unique to the carpet cleaning machine.

- We have a very high pile carpet from Shaw Floors (where they market it as their Top-Tier 5-star carpet, so one would think that "more" detergent is needed due to the carpet thickness. Again, that wasn't the case with us.

- We had purchased 4 bottles in total (in an Amazon 4-for-3 deal), and barely finished 1 bottle. To put our usage into perspective, we have a small 1600 sq ft house and our carpeted area equals about 500 sq ft.

- We found that it was very helpful to *first* clean the carpets with a regular vacuum before using the SteamVac. The regular vacuum pulled up any solid objects that were stuck deep in the carpets (e.g. our cat's nails that naturally fell off).

BOTTOM LINE: You truly do get what you pay for with these Hoovers' Platinum Pet Plus carpet detergent!

Rate and Discover Movies