4.0 out of 5 stars Hoover Quick & Light SteamVac not bad at all
For the past 8-9 years I have been renting a RugDoctor carpet cleaner from Home Depot two to three times a year. Our carpets were brand new when we bought our house 20 years ago which was three kids and two dogs ago. I would love to rip and replace our carpets but not spending that kind of money right now.
My situation is unique in that I did not have to pay anything...
Published on March 11, 2011 by Bryan D

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, easy to use. changing the water is pain
Published 23 months ago by Paul

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoover Quick & Light SteamVac not bad at all, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Washer, FH50035 (Kitchen)
My situation is unique in that I did not have to pay anything for my Hoover Quick & Light because our bank Visa had an awards program. The awards website just said Hoover Steam Vac and I saw several good reviews online. Once we actually received the unit I did a new search for reviews of the Quick & Light and was dissapointed that the majority were not good. I actually took it down to my local Hoover store to see if I could trade up for something better. No go.
So I figured I was stuck with another crappy device that would underperform and waste time. I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I first used the Hoover. It did just as good as job as the RugDoctor. Matter of fact I think that the power brushes do a much better job than the RugDoctors I was renting. The good news is that it is light and takes a small amount of water to operate. Which is good when your pet gets sick or you just want to do one room over the weekend. The bad news is that it takes a small amount of water to operate which also means there is a lot of stopping, adding more clean water and dumping the dirty water.
I think it is a very good unit for someone that wants to able to clean up after a pet or just stay on top of one room at a time. It is light and easy enough to use that my parents (in their 80's) could use it. All in all a good unit and I would say good value for the $129 price range.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, easy to use. changing the water is pain, January 21, 2013
Paul (SF Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Cleaner did a a pretty good job of cleaning our carpet. It wasn't as efficient to use as I would have hoped and we had to change the water a few times. Despite these kinks, the unit seemed to do a good job of cleaning the carpet and was effective at lifting even some older, darker spots with the help of a spot-remover pre-spray. Final clean-up of the unit was simple and fast. I plan to use the unit again.

Pros
+ It was easy to assemble
+ Simple instructions and was fairly straightforward in its use

Cons
- We used almost an entire bottle of cleaning solution for about 500 sq. feet of carpet, following the dose guidelines in the manual.
- The clean water tank required three fill ups, and the dirty water tank had to be emptied six times
- It would be nice if the instructions explained that there is an automatic shut-off valve in the dirty water tank, as it took me a couple minutes to figure out why the machine stopped working the first time the tank reached capacity.
- The filter in the dirty water tank was clogged before I finished the room (despite a thorough dry vacuuming before hand), which caused the automatic shut-off valve to engage even though the tank was empty (this took another couple minutes to figure out since the instructions didn't mention this possibility)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good smaller size carpet cleaner, August 13, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I just got the Hoover Quick and light carpet cleaner a few weeks ago but right away put it too the test. The carpet near my front door gets a lot of traffic and it shows, after using this Hoover carpet cleaner I was pleased to see it did a decent job returning my carpet to how it once looked. The machine comes with a sample bottle of carpet cleaner so I used it. You load the upper tank with a cap of soap and then top it off with the hottest tap water you can get. The tank lifts out making it easy to fill just like the waste water tank, once full the sensor shuts the vacuum flow telling you it's time to empty the waste water tank. Both tanks are on the small size so be ready to stop refill and go again. I was pleased finding the carpet was damp not wet after cleaning, most of the water returns to the waste tank speeding up drying time. One big plus to this machine is the handheld brush, you can clean a lot more than just carpet and it does a great job too! I think this is the smallest model made by Hoover making it perfect for apartments or smaller homes, if you just need to do spot cleaning such as cleaning up after pets this might be just what you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerbrush FH 50035, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Washer, FH50035 (Kitchen)
It was easy to assemble, is just the right size for our condo, is easy to fill and empty and was full of dirty water when emptied. At $103.00 it was a great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for the cost, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Washer, FH50035 (Kitchen)
I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. It was really easy to use and made my carpets super clean. I was disgusted by the black water that came out of this- making me realize I should have shampooed long before this. It took a long time, mainly because I had to keep emptying the dirty water tank. What I found is that in areas where I didn't vacuum as well, the filter clogged really fast, forcing me to need to dump out the tank more frequently than I should have. This is mostly because my vacuum needs to be replaced. I used a lot more detergent than I thought I would need- a full gallon for one large room. I would recommend this for someone looking for an easy to use, low-cost, DIY shampooer. I think I will probably use this pretty regularly since it is so simple.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, light, compact, and no more renting a machine!, May 12, 2011
This review is from: Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Washer, FH50035 (Kitchen)
I got this about a year ago, and have been mostly satisfied with it. It is my first home carpet cleaner, and I think its perfect of light cleaning. I don't know how well it would do for high usage and heavily soiled carpet.
I have rented machines to clean the carpet in the past, they were heavy, a pain, and worst of all stinky. The last time I rented one, it made the house smell like wet dogs, so I said never again. So I used card rewards points to get this steamvac. My first use on the carpet it removed all smells, yea! It removes water pretty good, however sometimes the compartment on the front that holds the dirty water is tempermental and you have to put it on just so or will not suck up the dirty water.
I have used the attachments on my everyday suede sofa. I was not overly impressed. When you spray the water it comes out fast and heavy. I could not spot treat on the cushions it left water marks, but this could be the fabric on my sofa, but if I treated the whole cushion if removed all spots from leaky juice cups.
Overall I was pleased with carpet part of it, so if you want to clean your carpet and only occasionly furniture this will do the job, but the I would not get this steamvac specifically for furniture use.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, November 3, 2010
Karen Severson (SOUTH RANGE, WI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Washer, FH50035 (Kitchen)
I bought the Hoover because everyone said it was the best of the best. I have dogs and they track but mostly I really needed to clean my carpet - get it back to what it looked like before my old cleaner had broke down. Well this one doesnt clean at all. I could go over and over the same spot and it is still dirty. I am very disappointed. I did take a spray bottle of cleaner and spray the carpet first and for some reason that worked but dosent that defeat the purpose of a carpet cleaner, shouldnt the brushes be doing the same thing - I use the same cleaning agents. Anyways I dont like the cleaner and if I could I would return it to Hoover with a big DISAPPROVAL.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, December 11, 2011
This review is from: Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Washer, FH50035 (Kitchen)
It is a decent carpet cleaner. Our carpet is about 5 years old now and we have a very rambunctious 4 year old daughter. We have owned this for about a year now. It does the job, getting rid of the stains left by the kid and the fat stinky 120 lb dog. It has an extra wand on it for cleaning in tight areas or say the couch the dog lays on after rolling around in his own feces. Hey, if the stain is gone and I don't smell it, that is a good carpet cleaner to me.

Update: This now for some reason leaks all over the floor when using the cleaning wand....

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, May 7, 2013
kevin "pickpro" (South Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoover Quick and Light Carpet Washer, FH50035 (Kitchen)
I have dogs who track all manner of stuff through the house. This cleaner works good (not great) for the price. I do, however, have to go over my heavy traffic areas 2 and sometimes 3 times in order to get them close to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Think your rug is clean? Think again, April 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never owned a carpet cleaner. I didn't know anything about using one, so for me the instructions were really important. Fortunately, they were easy to follow from assembly to use and I found myself cleaning my carpets without any trouble.

I gave the machine its first challenge on a Royal Palace wool rug where I'd previously spilled coffee. The carpet cleaner was easy to use and removed the coffee stains from the spill. After emptying the water, I cleaned the part of the rug that I thought was clean just to see if I would pick up any dirt. We rarely walk across that part of the rug, so I thought it would be reasonably clean. Well was I wrong, I was so surprised at how dirty the water was. I'm now really confident in the power of this little machine and I've cleaned all of my rugs with it. This carpet cleaner also has a power brush to clean small areas, in case you've just made a small spill. I also used this on the coffee stains and it worked great.

I would definitely recommend this carpet machine, as it's both easy to use and works very well. Just a couple of notes - the rug is wet when you are done using it and will probably take a few hours to dry. It's also loud - so overall, it's best to clean when pets and children aren't underfoot!