Hoover TurboPower WindTunnel Anniversary Upright Vacuum with Pet-Hair Tool, Self-Propelled, Bagged, UH50000
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Bagged upright vacuum cleaner with patented WindTunnel Technology
- Self propelled for easy maneuverability; 3-position height adjustment
- Deluxe stretch hose; on-board tools; pet-hair tool; allergen filter bag
- Non-marring wheels; custom cleaning controls; ergonomic D-grip handle
- Measures 13 by 15 by 43 inches
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
we were looking at some dyson vacuums as well but after going to the store and test driving both models the dyson vacuums, although great to look at, seemed heavy and awkward to use most of the time. the hoovers seemed to have a good vacuum feel to them.
the set of attachments is also nice and are very easy to use.
We picked this machine on blind faith, as there was little information on this at the time. It has turned out to be a great purchase. The joystick like nature of the self-propel takes a minute or two to get used to, but it is actually nice and responsive to the speed you are pushing it. My kids even want to help using this vacuum, because it is slightly like playing a video game.
Here are the two negatives. One against Amazon, one against the product...
1. The vacuum is a little heavy compared to other vacuums, but it isn't the heaviest vacuum we have owned. Far from it. All self-propelled vacuums are a little heavier because of the extra equipment.
2. Amazon sent us an opened box machine. We realized it halfway into getting it ready. The cords were put back together with garbage twist ties, and the bags it comes with were loose at the bottom of the box. That surprised us as we have purchased many things from Amazon with no issue (TV, small appliances, etc). We tried it out and have had no issues, but I personally don't feel we should have paid full price on a vacuum that was open. We didn't have the time to return it for another. This is my concern as to the long-term effects of purchasing an open box.
The main thing I HATE about the sweeper is that it leaves lines on the carpet like rake marks. It's not the brushes, so it doesn't matter what setting the sweeper is on. There is a plastic piece on the bottom of the sweeper that causes the streak marks. My husband is going to try filing them down to see if that will work to minimize the lines on the carpet. I like to see a blank slate on my plush carpet, so it drives me crazy to see all the marks this sweeper leaves!
The cord is pretty long, but it's not as long as my previous Hoover sweeper, so that's a disappointment. My old Hoover's hose was long enough that I rarely needed to attach the extensions, but the hose on this sweeper is very short and requires you to attach the extensions. The problem is that the extensions fall out A LOT because they don't fit as tightly as they should.
All in all, I'm happy with the overall appearance of this sweeper and the fact that it is good at removing dirt, PLUS it was in our price range. However the other cons of this sweeper will be a perpetual annoyance to me. If you can afford a sweeper that does not have these issues, go for it. If you can't, this sweeper will get the job done.
We have 5 children two dogs and 2700 square feet of carpet. Nobody mentioned that it has the best edge pickup of any other vac I've used and it dosent matter which side! Unlike the other brands that only give you one side for baseboards etc..this ones laid out correctly so either side will pick up nice and close to the edge thats a big plus.I mow through small toys, hair tie thingys, Dog hair "Fine yellow labrador kind" and this dude keeps suckin away
pickin up everything in its path.
Yes its heavy the oreck is nice and light, But this things self propelled and does twice the deep cleaning. Ok 14 stairs, I hate doing the stairs no easy way but the beater brush tool and nicely made hose make it bearable.
All in All it would have got a 5 star except for the weight, Then it would have probably felt cheap if it was all lightweight plastic and got 4 for that...humm...
This is a real world vacuum that wont cost a weeks pay and does a job above expectations
no fancy euro name but heck I'll use that extra money for something else. Oh yeah 3 year warranty too. I Kinda think that if people paid MORE for it they would give it a better review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this one to replace a worn out Kirby. I paid to have the Kirby rebuilt I miss it that much.Published 10 days ago by Chris Hewitt
This is a great vacuum but the belt keeps breaking when you pull the handle back..It's broke more often then not and I have to keep taking it to the dealer to fix it... Read morePublished 20 days ago by karen s nielsen
Love it! Works for all surfaces. Extending hose needs to be longer though.Published 2 months ago by khula1
I have bought 3 of these in about the last 40 years may have been some changes but I can't tell it. they have been my most favorite sweeper
gave the first to a daughter in1996... Read more
Just used for the first time this weekend. I am very satisfied with the Hoover TurboPower Self-Propelled WindTunnell Vacuum! This vacuum has power! Read morePublished 2 months ago by OzarkArkie
I love the vacuum, but it's missing parts despite what the seller advertised.Published 5 months ago by Heather
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets