Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 17, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've had the steam cleaner system for about a month and I'm in love! The handheld attachment is worth the price of the machine alone in my opinion. We've used it to clean so many different things, from the grout on our tile floor to a spot on a mattress and my favorite: all of the baseboards and chair rails in our house. The steam comes out super hot and so forceful that dirt and dust disappear. We follow the steam with a quick wipe of a rag and a whole room of baseboards were clean in 10 minutes. Fabulous!

I love that the machine works with or without the cleaner. It's nice to use the cleaner on the floors, but I didn't want to have to use it on my mattress or when we steam our clothing. Definite plus.

We did have a couple of small cons:

-Definitely doesn't make for efficient storage. The long handle is supposed to attach to the canister and it does, but not very well and it's constantly falling out. It's also fairly bulky and takes up a good amount of room.

-Long handle feels like cheap plastic and when scrubbing at the floor, it almost feels like it could break.

Other than those, we really do love this and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great multipurpose tool.
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Upon arrival, The pieces that were used for the construction of the Hoover Canister Steam Cleaner is sturdy and of high quality. It certainly has that "feel" and look of an expensive and quality cleaning system.

The good:

- Comes with a good supply of attachable tools, including 3 microfiber pads, corner and grout cleaning tools, disinfectant, and many more! The attachments included total up to 10 separate pieces. The accessories that come with this product covers a lot of different surfaces, floors, windows, carpet, and even clothes.

- This product gives me a feeling that Hoover paid great immense attention to detail. You'll find that many components of the steam cleaner are detailed and refined, making not just your ordinary steam cleaner. For example, the many accessories are of high detail because of the specific uses listed above. There's a 360 degree rolling wheels on the canister for portability, steam control dial, two tank system, allowing you separate disinfectant from water, microfiber pads that cover edges, cooling tray, sturdy and easy to use extension arms, hose handle with clean control dial, among other characteristics.

- It simply works! Just using the power of hot steam, the floors, bathroom, sinks in our home had horrible stains but this steam cleaner easily removed the stains and dirtiness. The disinfectant feature is a nice addition and so far it's going well. You can bet that this will do what it's intended to do. Our house feels fresher with the use of this Steam cleaner.

Our house definitely was cleaner with the hot steam and occasional use of disinfectant, but there were some minor flaws.

Some things to watch out for:

- It gets very hot. The handle, tubes, canister, everything is just quite warm. Yes, we're expecting it to be a little warm, but I felt that it was a hazard having to move the canister forward or backward with our hands. The canister has a little handle, but that too is very hot. I'd wish Hoover had added another handle on the tubing that connects the canister to the top handle. Also, the tubing that connects the canister to the handle could be intrusive. The tube hangs on the hip, depending on which side you chose to use the steam cleaner. Definitely don't want a youngster messing around with this.

- There isn't a way to determine how much water is left in the steam canister. There's no meter and the canister is not see thru. However, the canister an hold up to 37 ounces of water, which is quite a lot. You can probably just wiggle the canister around to check. Not a huge problem though.

- There's a little inconvenience regarding the steam control dial. It's located on the canister, with a range from low to high. I found it extremely inconvenient to bend down and stop what I was doing every time I wanted to change the steam. It would have been better if it was placed on the handle, closer to the reach of the hand.

All in all, this is still quite the complete steam cleaner. It cleans tough stains, soft stains, hardwood, carpet, clothes, essentially almost anything you can do think of. It does the cleaning extremely well, but also with some inconvenient flaws. If you keep that in mind, you'll be very pleased with this cleaner. Great all-purpose steam cleaner.
review image review image review image review image
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I already own a Hoover carpet washer (similar to this model: Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914-900) and I love it. If you have kids, you need one. I don't know how I made it so far through my first kid without it. Anyway, that one is more about dumping water and then sucking it up with the hope that any dirt or whatever is coming up with the water. That works great, but this is a different idea. Rather than using a bunch of water, this uses steam. Since the amount of water going down isn't all that much and since it is hot enough to at least partially evaporate, there isn't a large need to suck it back up. This has more to do with sterilizing rather than lifting dirt. When used together, you enter a whole new world of clean. Case in point, my 2 year old was sitting on a fabric chair recently and her diaper leaked. My chair was was both very stinky and had some rather unpleasant... streaks on it. I used the aforementioned SteamVac first to get up whatever I could. That did a very good job, but even after spraying some Lysol on the chair, I didn't feel like it was clean--I didn't want to go sitting on it! So next I broke out this steamer. I added the included disinfectant and turned the steam level all the way up. I then used copious amounts of steam from this injected in as deep as I could get it to go. Normally when you use this, you are supposed to just go over it once or twice, but I was focusing and so the area got quite wet. While continuing to inject as much steam as possible, I followed up with the other vacuum to suck it out. I think the heat from the steam helped the fibers relax or something because when I was done, the chair was beautiful! After letting it air dry for a couple hours, it was as good as new. I now happily sit on that chair without worrying that anything has been left behind.

I also used this steamer with a brush attachment to clean the mold/mildew that has stubbornly attached itself to my shower ceiling. It worked very well, although I did get a few drops of hot water that dripped on my arms and that didn't feel great, but the results are superb. While I was there, I cleaned the grout and that worked very well, too!

I'm very happy with this steamer. I would certainly recommend it to anyone with difficult-to-clean applications. If I had to choose between this and the SteamVac, I'd go with the SteamVac ...but really, it's more apples and oranges than you may think. They really are 2 different products for different applications and quite frankly, I would recommend both.
on February 16, 2013
Pro- does a good job cleaning the floors
Cons- the electric cord and the hose cord get tangled all of the time.
It does not store easily as it states. The clip onto the tank for the hose is difficult to place just right. Then, if you try to move it, it falls apart
Speaking of falling apart, there are doors to hold the tools on each side of the tank. They pop open and the tools spill out all of the time. Yes, I put them in correctly. The doors are now duck taped on.
And, after one year of lugging the thing around the house, the handle on the tank broke. So now I have to carry this piece of flimsy junk around in football hold.
Speaking of flimsy junk, the thing got clogged in one of the handle parts. Then it would not reattach. So we had to delete one of the parts. Now the handle is short. Too short for ergonomic ally mopping floors.
The recommended Hoover floor cleaner is ridiculously expensive and it doesn't last long.
Before it fell apart it did a great job on my tile floors and did the job I half the time of a regular mop. But now that it is a midget mop duck taped together, I have complete buyers remorse. Back to a regular mop and a Swiffer for me.
VINE VOICEon November 6, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Despite the (welcome) lightness of the unit, the the Hoover Enhanced Clean Disinfecting Canister Steam Cleaner - WH20300 seems very well built, is compactly organized, and creates a terrific amount of steam for household chores. With a few exceptions, it's almost perfect.
Pros:

- As Paris Hilton would say - "That's hot:" This baby creates a LOT of steam. You could use it at your next Halloween Party as a fog machine, if you didn't care about scalding your guests. This really speeds up your cleaning. Other steam cleaners I've used never seemed to crank out enough steam to get the job done - you had to make multiple passes with them to get anything clean. This one degreases and makes everything sparkling on the first swipe.
- Great Design: The canister design of this unit is really smart. Both sides of the main compartment open to hold various wands and nozzles for different jobs. It's very compact and well-planned.
- You Can Super-Charge Your Steam: This is the only product of its kind I've seen that has the option to add a disinfectant solution to a separate compartment. At first, I thought this was bit of a rip-off. Isn't the whole point of steam that the heat of the vapor disinfects while you clean? Well, yes. But according to Hoover, "Steam alone cannot eliminate harmful germs and bacteria without an extended exposure time. Keeping an average steam mop on one spot long enough to completely disinfect it may risk damaging your floors or surfaces. The unique Hoover Multi-Purpose Disinfectant Solution included with this steamer allows for a quick and effective clean, aided by the heat and ease of steam." At the risk of sounding like a sucker, I believe them on this. I don't mind spending a few bucks for the extra assurance the Disinfectant Solution provides, and I don't have to use it when I don't want to. But when cleaning bathrooms and kitchen counters, I'm happy to throw it in.

Cons:

- No Water Window: My biggest problem with the Cleaner is that it doesn't have one of the most basic things you'd imagine it would - a window through which you can see how much water remains in the canister. What this means is that you never know if you need to refill the thing or not. This wouldn't be such a big deal if, every once in while, it didn't stop producing steam while I was using it. Was it overheated? Was I using it wrong? Or was it out of water? With no window, you can't know without opening it up. That may not sound so bad, but because the water in the canister is superheated, you can't check it quickly or easily. It has a safety valve that won't allow you to open it while the water is hot (a good idea, I'm sure, but as you'll see, inconvenient). You have to turn off and unplug the unit, and then wait till the water cools. The manual says this can take 5-10 minutes, but it's taken longer for me. It's incredibly frustrating to have to stop your cleaning, wait around for ten minutes, and, when the pressure valve finally releases, see the canister's half-full. By then, the unit is ready to work again, but I never can figure out what caused the problem in the first place. I can't imagine why there isn't a water level indicator on this thing.

- Dude, Where's My Steam?: As I indicated earlier, every once in awhile, the unit just stops producing steam, even when there is still water remaining in it. I have no idea why this happens. To be fair, this was more of a problem the first few times I used it. Yesterday, I used it for an hour and never had the problem. Maybe it just had to break in?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this unit. It produces tons of steam, I like the option to add a disinfectant, it's light yet seems well built, and cleans terrifically. But the occasional shut-offs, lack of a water indicator level and relatively high price make it a four star product for me rather than a five. So close, Hoover, so close.
on October 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I was first offered this product I was hesitant as we have laminated floor in most rooms in our house, as addressed in the included manual and in the product description, this is to be used ideally on hard surfaces... which made me think of how difficult is to clean the shower walls the traditional way. So I went ahead and ordered. I definitely made the right choice!

Using this steam cleaner can't be easier, once you get all the items out of the box it is only a matter of setting the hose in place, adding some water and the included disinfecting solution (this is an optional step, you will obviously get better results using the solution), waiting for the Steam Ready indicator light to let you know when ready and you're good to go!

I can't simply start describing the difference between scrubbing the walls and the floor and using the Hoover Steam Cleaner... abysmal! A task that used to take a lot of time is now done in a matter of seconds. Not to mention that the results are way better with the Steam Cleaner! The results on floor are also impressive, this got rid of crayola residues left on the floor by my 4 year old! While the two bathrooms in our house are not small, we do have shower doors, which make for a smaller area to be in, it is appreciated that the WH20300 is of compact size, lightweight and very easy to carry. It also helps that most of the add on tools included can be easily fit on the on-board storage areas on the sides of the canister. For me, all these advantages make it worth having one of these!

Given the disinfecting nature of the product, I planned on testing it with a mattress we have had for a couple years now, but as other reviewers have mentioned, the WH20300 does let out a good deal of water, so I didn't feel confident on trying it as is. I've read other people have successfully used it to clean upholstered chairs, I may give that a try and go from there.

So far, we're very happy with the results, we can definitely recommend you get one of these!
on January 22, 2016
I absolutely adored this machine when I first got it. I used it for everything and anything. It worked great and was extremely versitle. Then the cap on the refill tank got stuck.

I called Hoover and got no help. I couldn't even buy a replacement tank. I honestly miss this steamer terribly. I even want online to see if anyone had any experience getting the cap off.

Everyone that wrote had the same problem I did with no resolution. It's not even like I twisted the cap on very hard. If anything I did the opposite because I have arthritis in my hands.

If anyone knows how to get the stuck cap off I would sure like to know. I was going to even order a new one, but they don't make them anymore. Maybe this problem is the reason.
on October 2, 2011
Received this product in the mail yesterday (5 days earlier than promised)
Have been testing it out since...I know it sounds funny to be up half the night playing with a cleaning tool, but I was curious to see what it would and wouldn't do.

While there is no such thing as the "perfect" cleaning tool, this one suits my needs very well.

Our home has a lot of hard floor (ceramic and vinyl tile)as well as small children and pets, so keeping grout clean and stickiness up off the floor is difficult at best. Frankly if I used this steamer for nothing else, the grout cleaning is worth the price!! Anything that can get old gum off of sanded grout in seconds(!) counts as amazing in my book, also love that i do not have to get down on my hands and (bad) knees to do it!

It wont clean everything, no luck with burned stuff on stovetop, still working out what works best with walls, but love the onboard attachments and the adjustable hose length.

Hose does get hot! Not burning hot but uncomfortable hot, so be careful, and so far this is NOT a "dry" cleaning mehtod, the floors are still wet after mopping esp. the very bad spots.

But overall an excellent value for the money
on February 28, 2014
I made a mistake when I got this. When it comes to the cleaning solution tank, this is definitely a case where more is not better. Do not use full strength cleaner. Dilute it as specified, or you will leave streaks on your floor.

Also, be aware that this device is NOT designed to be used with the steam constantly on. You apply more steam only occasionally to keep the cleaning cloth wet.

This device is way easier than getting on your hands an knees to clean your floor. Of course, you should use your vacuum cleaner on your floor prior to using the steam canister.

I have decided to add the following to all my reviews:
Beware! Some "reviewers" will trash a product for no reason simply because they are paid to do so or because they sell competitive products. Other "reviewers" will give products - that they have never seen and never used - glowing 5 star ratings - for a fee. Some honest reviewers do not understand what a product is for or how to use it and will trash a product simply because they are just plain dumb. And the biggest of companies have been fined for hiring an army of “reviewers” to review their products.
VINE VOICEon September 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Overall, this steam cleaner has been a pleasant surprise. Our first effort was upon carpets, and without extraction capability, it freshened only, without seeming to clean very well. Subsequent usage in bathrooms was a different story, as it does a nice job in showers and tubs as well as tile floors. Indeed, any hard surface is its natural target. Experimentation with mirrors, stove and oven, and furniture fabric was less satisfactory. However, more attempts will be made, as it does seem to clean everything somewhat. It comes with a long (30 ft.) cord, and is very light as well as easily maneuverable. Its fiber pads are machine washable. Assembly is rather simple, and the attached casters and long cord enable it to be moved with no problem throughout the house. Although the canister becomes uncomfortably hot to handle, the cleaner is very effective for hard surface soil removal, and repeated utilization of the machine promises to bring increasingly good results.