Top critical review
102 of 113 people found this helpful
Don't waist your $$, time or sanity!!!
on May 27, 2005
The Freakn' Bagless Hoover Windtunnel:
1. There are two filters that need to be changed every 6-12 months (yah, right...more like every three months) and they cost oh, between $38-$50 depending on where you can find them...Wal-Mart? No, they don't carry this type...Target? If you are really lucky. Sears carries them, for about $49.00 a pop...and that is just one filter...you need 2.
2. You can't empty these puppies in the house because you have to tap (more like beat) the filter on the side of the garbage can and dust goes EVERYWHERE, YUCK! So, what do you do? You take it outside to beat it in the garbage can, then with the smallest gust of wind you are covered, COVERED, I'm talking an abominable brown snowman, with dust and dead spiders and anything else you sucked up thinking it was gone forever.
3. The screen...yes, not only the filter needs to be cleaned after EVERY...and I mean with EVERY use..there is this fancy little screen that you have to pull up and pick the caked on "microdust" off of and what do you use to do that???? Well, if you are on the ball (which I rarely am) you remembered your small wire brush...but if you didn't you can't really run back in the house holding this nasty dirty thing flinging yuck all over your house...so, you use your finger nail, yes, desperate times call for desperate measures.
4. It burns through belts...twice a year at least (they either break or stretch) not a huge expense, but a lame and time consuming one.
5. It looses suction, bad, after about 10-15 minutes of vacuuming, and then you have to do the whole filter cleaning all over again.
6. The attachment hose pops out ALL THE TIME. SO, you either learn to vacuum holding the hose down and in...or (more probably) you get it in there really good and pray it doesn't come out and resolute to never touch it again.
7. BOTTOM LINE: I have had this Windtunnel for about 2 years, I was not impressed the first time I used it...furious the first time I had to empty it...but I thought, well, maybe it will grow on me....Um, No. I actually stopped vacuuming, I hated it, I hated the waste of time for practically no reward, I hated the dust everywhere, I hated the expense, don't waste your time, money and sanity.
8. Okay, with all that said, I purchased a sweet little vacuum from Wal-mart a few months ago, and I have been waiting to find something wrong with it to pop up but I has not been disappointing yet. I have gone through 1 bag, (I vacuum almost everyday with 2 toddlers), but the bags are really compact I was surprised how much they hold. The light went off to change the bag and it took a whole, oh, 30 seconds for the whole process, the dirt was gone, in the garbage, just like that. And the suction is amazing. Go get this vacuum, today. Do not waist anymore brain cells on a bagless. !!!GE 12 AMP, 2 motor, home cleaning system!!! It's a canister and sucks like...well, something that sucks really, really great! Lol, I actually love to vacuum, really! Plus, the best part...it is only a little over $100.00 and it has a filter but it comes free with the bags. Cool. Get this vacuume today...now...go!