Hoover U5780900 WindTunnel + Cyclonic Bagless HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Upright vacuum cleaner with cyclonic system and WindTunnel technology
- 12 amp motor; multi-surface brush-roll control; carpet-height adjustment
- Includes pet-hair cleaning tool, dusting brush, 2 extension wands, and crevice tool
- Fingertip on/off controls; lifetime HEPA filter; bottom-release dirt cup; automatic cord rewind
- Measures approximately 20 by 17 by 45 inches
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. Emptying the dust bin is ridiculously messy.
2. The vacuum constantly tips over when using the hose with the tools--it narrowly missed my 2 and 4 yr-olds on several occasions.
3. The power tool rotating brush frequently stopped turning--nothing caught, no clogs.
4. The dusting brush is in 2 pieces and always slides off when using the vacuum.
5. Finally, the belt came off twice in 2 months. To put it back on, you have to take the whole base apart.
After using this vacuum for two years, I can say that it continues to clean admirably. Suction continues to be strong and with no loss. However, I have noticed that if you don't empty the dirt cup with each use, the filters get clogged quickly and the vacuum begins to smell of dust. That happened to us and since I don't know how to replace or clean the HEPA filter (it's not washable), our vacuum continues to smell of dust. I'm attributing that to user error, however.
---- Original Review ----
Pros: Quiet motor, cord rewind, powerful suction, brush-bar shut-off.
Cons: Small dirt cup, messy to empty, hassle to clean, heavy.Read more ›
I have used many vacuums, including the usual suspects (Hoover, Bissel, Eureka, Oreck, Kenmore, etc) and newer models like the Dyson. I will openly admit I tend to clean a lot and I am perhaps more demanding on a vacuum than the casual user. Overall, I am willing to accept the shortcomings of this vacuum because it performs good enough for the money.Read more ›
We decided to retire that unit to the upper floor where the dogs are not allowed, and look for something that would handle the downstairs "kennel". Enter the Hoover U5780900. This model does not use a filter within the dirt cup, but rather a series of chambers to remove and trap the dirt in the canister. I'm not a vacuum designer, but it appears to be a similar method used by another EXPENSIVE brand name vacuum. So far so good. The canister empties fairly easily from the bottom (still a two handed excersize) and if allowed to get too full, a little assistance is required to extricate the large lint and hair balls that will no doubt collect. Not a big deal to me and I appreciate not having the dirty filter to clean. The dust cup disassembles further and can be easily washed out in the sink on occasion, but not required after every use.
This vacuum also features an on/off control for the beater bar for using on hard surfaces and auto brush-off when in the upright position for using attachments. I also love the cord rewind feature. Step on the button and the cord winds back into the unit.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this vacuum from Menards for $225 over four years ago. I love it! I am a little bit of a clean freak and vacuum a 2200 square foot house (all mostly carpet) 1 to 2 times... Read morePublished on January 22, 2013 by BSmith22
I got this vacuum in 2009 and yes it's heavy, messy to empty and the bin is tiny but overall I only paid $99 so I think I got a great deal. I am a clean freak. Read morePublished on January 5, 2013 by CarrieKA
This vaccuum is terrible. I bought one for my wife and one for my father. Both of them work for about 15 min. then they have to sit for an hour to work again. Buy anything elsePublished on September 17, 2012 by Fins II
The best out there in the $100 to $200 price range
* 4 years without a repair or reduction in cleaning (weekly used on 4 bedrooms, diningroom &... Read more
I received this vacuum as a gift after moving into my house, which is the only reason I still have it. First, the thing weighs a ton. Read morePublished on May 19, 2012 by Busy mom
Works great when it works and it almost NEVER WORKS. I've kept every part clean and clear; from the dirt cup to the secret little foam filter above the dirt cup, the hose, nozzle,... Read morePublished on October 7, 2011 by C. Mullin
I am a 63 year old female and I don't recommend this vacuum for people who have had hip or knee replacements (I've had both). Read morePublished on August 22, 2011 by januarie
Hoover Windtunnel + Cyclonic Bagless HEPA Vacuum
aka THE HOOVER DUST-BOWL
In my opinion and experience
- The longevity of this vacuum has... Read more
This vacuum is a piece of crap. Lifetime filters???? Yeah right! We cleaned and cleaned our HEPA filter as per instructions, and after only 2 years, we couldn't get it to clean... Read morePublished on May 21, 2011 by JT Perrotta