5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Vacuum for Price
Published on March 7, 2010 by bdavid

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm On the Fence About This
Published on October 14, 2010 by Santorini

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Vacuum for Price, March 7, 2010
This review is from: Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Upright Vacuum with Pet-Hair Tool, Bagless, UH60010 (Kitchen)
I have two dogs, and have owned Dyson, Kenmore and other vacuums, none have lifted dirt and dog hair like this vacuum does at a fraction of the price that I had paid for the Dyson. The vacuum easily comes apart and all parts can be cleaned. The self-propelled feature is necessary since this is a heavy vacuum. The best feature for me is the ability to fully remove the agitator brush roll to remove the pet hair. Well-designed and easy to assemble and operate. Unfortunately, due to poor shipping, the vacuum box was damaged and the unit itself received some exterior damage. It might be better to find this product on sale in the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freakishly powerful, June 1, 2010
This vacuum sucks. It sucks so hard that you can put it on linoleum and crumbs and peas will start rolling towards it from over a foot away. It actually damages the carpet a little bit every time I use it. It should say *Singularity Inside! the suction is that powerful.

When I received the item it required some assembly. My first impression was that the on/off slider mechanism was pretty weak. So far it's held up over a year of use. The screws I felt were also pretty weak. I wanted to tighten down the beater bar cover good but I felt like either the screw or the screwhole threading would strip easily if I applied too much force.

Once it was all assembled it was impressive. I had misgivings about the green/red dirt detector feature but it totally works as advertised. The red light reliably goes on in front of the door where, despite removing my shoes beforehand, beach sand is usually deposited. HEPA filters seem almost standard now but it's a nice addition. My main interest was the bagless feature. Who wants to replace bags right?

What it has is a lock that holds the plastic bin and filter into the rig itself. Releasing the lock allows the entire bin to come out easily. Then you go to the trash, flip up the crank handle and spin the cleaner knobs a bit. Then depress a button and the plastic hatch on the bottom flips out, releasing all the dirt. The HEPA filter and screen come out easily enough for more cleaning. Dirt builds up on the screen inside very quickly and noticeably effects it's suction if left to accumulate so it does requires attention.

Most of the vacuum is plastic. A lot of it cheap feeling. Especially the power switch assembly and accessories cover. But it has yet to break anywhere. It is loud and heavy but easy to wield due to it's self-propulsion. It comes with an assortment of attachments. The angle edge and wheeled roller brush are the two I use the most. You do your floor prep. Run this thing over it, and then casually dump the dirt into the trash. Fairly elegant and hi-tech for a vacuum cleaner.

There so many good things about this Hoover and almost no negatives. The dirt bin always seems a little dusty on the outside but it can't really be helped for it to function like it does. Aside from my initial misgivings about it's sturdiness this sleek, accessory laden black-hole-with-a-handle is the most uber vacuum I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Untold features, September 28, 2009
Great vacuum!

Bends so you can get under tables, no bag work, the spinning-brush attachment rocks, the 2 extra handles for hose attachment and the power is great. Better than my girlfriends rollerball dyson without the 800 price tag.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm On the Fence About This, October 14, 2010
Santorini (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This is my second Hoover Windtunnel. My first one, which is still working, was a bagged vacuum. This is my first bagless vacuum. I did a lot of research before purchase this vacuum. I had great success with my first Hoover Windtunnel. My niece has a Dyson, which she showed me, but trying to utlize the attachments was a pain. They were not easily accessible. With this Hoover, the attachments are easily and quickly accessible while vacuuming. As others have mentioned, it does get messy when you empty the container. I have two cats, that leave lots of hair and dander. When I empty the container in my trash, I have to hold my breath. Also, I've only used this vacuum about 4 times, and the filter is absolutely disgusting, and is not easy to clean. It's loaded with dust and dander.

What I do like about the vacuum is that you can see what you are picking up. It has a red and green light that shows if you need to continue vacuuming in an area. The light flashes on and off, to show you it's working. It's a nice feature. The power of the windtunnel is unbelievable. The suction is great.

It is a heavy vacuum, as others have mentioned, but as I have no steps, I'm never lifting it up, so it's not an issue for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ashamed after I used it., July 1, 2010
Ordered on 5-29 (Memorial Day Weekend). Shipped 6-2 and received 6-4. Fantastic considering that no sales tax or shipping charges either.

I use it and was ashamed that so much dirt and cat hair was collected verses my old vacuum. The 12 amps is powerful. It gives one a good mental feeling that the house is now clean except for the bathtub, dishes, windows and the laundry.

All the accessories are attached to the vacuum which is very convenient. Also I like to be able to empty the dirt canister when finished verses waiting until the bag is full.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for dog hair!, June 7, 2010
We have had this vacuum for a couple of months now and we are very pleased with it. We have two yellow labs who shed heavily and this vacuum picks up everything! The only draw back is that it is heavy, if you have stairs, I would not recommend it. The "pet hair tool" is really the same attachment as any other vacuum has, but the suction power of the machine is what really picks up hair and dust from hardwood floors, tile, and rugs. It has a self-propeller mode that makes vacuuming very easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great power, June 7, 2010
This vacuum really picks up dirt and pet hair, great suction. So far my only pet peeves are that the vacuum is fairly heavy and that a longer hose is needed to easily vacuum stairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vacuum., May 10, 2010
This is my second Hoover Self Propelled Wind Tunnel Vacuum. It works great, has great suction power. I like the dirt finder with the red light. I have shoulder problems, and the self propel saves many problems. It's bagless, and that's good. I just empty it and go. The pet hair tool is great too. I can't find anything NOT to like about the vacuum cleaner! Amazon's price is very reasonable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoover review, July 6, 2010
We like this product,it has a strong suction. We have six kids and two pets we vacuum on a daily basis. Our kids are the ones who use the vacuum frequently and they love it. The only negative comment we have we would prefer a retractable cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoover, May 1, 2010
P. Mimeau (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
The hoover has great suction and picks up more dirt than my previous vacuum. The only downside is the weight, it is heavier than I thought it would be. It does have a setting for self-propelling which is necessary. Amazon shipped quickly.

Rate and Discover Movies