Hop

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Family Fun!!!
Published on April 5, 2011 by Pumpkin Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie...but beware of DIGITAL download DATE!
Great, simple, and fun family movie. BEWARE: Amazon is advertising it as the Blu-Ray version with Digital copy, but the product image is for the Blu-Ray/DVD combo. Digital copy coupon (inside of DVD box) indicated "Stream/Download by 08/27/12". I was about to return the item, but decided to try the code, and the digital copy WORKED!! Will keep item after all.
Published 3 months ago by EB

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Family Fun!!!, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Hop (DVD)
This movie was a lot better than I was expecting. It was heart-warming, and had the right amount of comedy suitable for any age. E.B. was adorable and hilarious. Russell Brand was the perfect choice. E.B.'s dad is retiring and wants his son to continue on and become the new Easter Bunny, but E.B. doesn't want that life. He runs away to Hollywood to start a new life, but is almost run over by a slacker named Fred O'Hare. Fred is having trouble with his family as well. While Fred is house sitting, E.B. decides to crash with him. Back at Easter Island, a chick named Carlos plots to take over the Easter holiday, unless Fred and E.B. can stop him. I highly recommend HOP!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a good animation/live action movie, April 28, 2011
This review is from: Hop (DVD)
With films like Yogi Bear, Alvin & The Chipmunks, Scooby Doo, Marmaduke and worst of all Garfield littering the cinescape with dreadful dreck involving live action people and computer animated cartoon animals, I wasn't exactly jumping for joy when I saw the trailers for Hop. In place of a nonsensical farce filled with more rubbish than a fleet of garbage trucks, in Hop we are treated to a whimsical tale with positive messages and loads of good old fashioned fantasy style fun. Anyone who grew up watching Rankin Bass holiday specials on TV will appreciate the classic themes beautifully updated for the modern day in Hop. Usually it works to advantage, occasionally it falls short.

The visual landscape and the animation of the characters is startlingly realitic and very quickly has you feeling you're just watching a regular movie where animals really do talk and there really is a secret lair of the easter bunny.

Like some other reviewers noted, there is a definite Willy Wonka meets christmas with Santa theme going here, and that's what really works. Visiting the people of the world only once a year and mastermminding the secrecy of the operation, many times the characters seem bogged down with non-information about the world inhabited by people, and thats just classic comedy perfection.

There are some weak points scattered about, but somehow, overall in the scheme of the movie, they are momentary and forgotten immediately as EB, our main character, immediately after a shortcoming does something else heartwarming to endear you to him and his situation.

When I emerged from the theater, I felt as though I saw a very substantial film, quite a task in an animated holiday kids movie, and one that involves Easter, a holiday not usually covered by cinema in terms of kids fare. What holiday can they take on next? I really don't care as long as the result is of the high quality that Hop exhits throughout. If you want a live action animated movie with real substance, hop on over and see Hop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hop: The movie with no bluray release date!, December 5, 2011
Hop is a really good animated movie for kids. It is not as good as Despicable Me (Illumination Entertainment's first film) but still awesome. I love this animation. It's not just yoyr typical animation design, it has really cool details to everything. Especially the main character and the whole Easter egg and candy factory. One scene that shows an awesome animation and live action hybrid is where the human Fred is a kid and see's the easter bunny. That was my favorite scene too. Out of 10, Hop to me gets a 8.5!

P.S. Why hasn't this movie come out on bluray yet?? It has been exactley 8 MONTHS since it was released in theaters. What the hell universal. I'm dying to see this movie again. Thank you for reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Movie, September 7, 2013
This review is from: Hop (Amazon Instant Video)
I bought this movie because my grandson, who is 2, loves bunnies and he really loves this movie. He also loves to dance to the movie's music score. I really find this movie adorable and entertaining and enjoy watching it with my grandson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for all ages, August 1, 2013
My son selected this movie to show at his birthday party. We had an outdoor movie night planned. We had a huge crowd of kids and parents. Kids ranged in age from 3 - 70. This was a great pick and appealed to all ages. I was really surprised how good this movie was. I would recommend to anyone with a broad audience to appeal to. I really thought the 10 year olds ( most of the attendees ) would lose interest. However they were engaged throughout the entire movie. Very cute, fun, upbeat, clean movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Hop (DVD)
Even though I am an adult, I loved this movie. The movie was very entertaining and the music was wonderful. As a chocolate lover, I could envision myself working in the candy factory. I wanted to purchase the DVD just by watching the TV previews when the movie was released. Excellent movie for older children and those young at heart. Thank you Amazon for having the best price for this DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN MOVIE..., April 22, 2011
This review is from: Hop (DVD)
Fun movie. Certainly for kids. It's not in the category of "Despicle me" or "Toy Story-3" (or 1, or 2) but still lots of fun. In the beginning it has a bit of Willy Wonka feel to it, while more to the end, it leans more to Santa. But it's all Easter-bunny power (sorry for the chicks). I liked it better at the beginning, and the middle. Quite some surprise-jokes there. But somewhere before the end, I get the feeling, the makers suddenly realize they need to bring to movie to an end. From that point on everything gets very rushed and quick-paced and to me the movie looses some of it's magic at that point. But still we had lots of fun. Definitely a movie to watch with the (young) kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving "HOP", April 3, 2011
This review is from: Hop (DVD)
Saw this movie today, and believe me, it's not just for kids. It was so funny, and just listening to my grandaughter laugh because her Grandma was laughing was priceless. Definitely a must see movie, more than once...can't wait to own

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie...but beware of DIGITAL download DATE!, April 1, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars It does have a Digital Copy!, March 29, 2012
I only got it because it included a digital copy - well thats what Amazon says. I got the blu-ray today and theres nothing on the package that says Digital Copy, but it does say "Ultra Violet" on it which pissed me off. (I cant tell you how much i hate Ultra Violet) Well I was about to put it back in the box to return it, when I looked up the website on the box and it states it has itunes digital copy, so i open it up and YES it does have a digital copy via itunes!!!! score!

Hop
Hop by Tim Hill (DVD - 2012)
$22.98 $17.64