Customer Discussions > Battle Born forum

Hope Battle Born is more like Hot Fuss or Sam's Town and less like Flamingo

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 21, 2012 1:36:15 PM PDT
ButcherChop says:
I really hope it's not like Brandon Flower's solo album. It was cool, but kind of boring. If they give me something as good as Hot Fuss or Sam's Town I'll be very pleased.

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 4:30:12 PM PDT
Hello.

I Think it's going to be more like Sam's Town with a mix of Day & Age. We have to wait for it. By now, The Rising Tide, Miss Atomic Bomb and Flesh & Bone are goooooood, Here on out is cool too, but not my style. "A Matter of Time" looks like the gem of the album, I don't know why. Let's see what these guys are bringing for the victims. =)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 11:08:56 AM PDT
Uh... It's an amazing album. It won't be like ANY of the other albums. Each album has its own distinct sound.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 12:22:09 PM PDT
Grant says:
Yeah every Killers album has it's gems as well as those ones that never quite stick. It used to bug me that they had some great cuts from the other two albums but they never returned to the Hot Fuss sound.

What's wrong with that? Nothing. As long as they don't pull a Linkin park and do a complete 180 on how they sound and the subject matter than I don't see anything wrong with natural evolution. It's a double edged sword though.

I can't stand the artists in their 60's singing about being old and nostalgic (Joe walsh). Nor do I appreciate AC/DC whose sound never changed and evolved (other than Bon Scott to Brian Johnson) and ultimately became the same stale 3 chord formula. Boring.

Most people grow old never truly discovering themselves and who they are. That's what I have come to love about the Killers. They are, and hopefully always will be the Killers and keep changing but never grow old.

Better to go the way of Led Zeppelin or The Beatles (without the deaths) and quit while your ahead having the fans still look on you as this great indie Rock n roll band rather than the redundant "Facts of Life" AC/DC, Rolling Stones, U2, etc. have become.
BTW: I love all those bands older stuff. It's only their most recent albums that irk me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 5:20:48 PM PDT
Exactly what Blade Runner said

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 7:08:10 PM PDT
I already listened to the album, It's different (in a good way) from what they did with the others. It's a very good album, believe me, guys, no dissappointing in here. "Be Still" is my favorite by now.

‎"...And if it drags you to the mud, that doesn't change what's in your blood" - Be Still by The Killers

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:27:44 PM PDT
Objectively: I understand that sometimes change is good. They didn't want to make another [name your favorite album here]. If you love this album, I'm happy that you got one more album out of this band (which is very, very talented).

Subjectively: I, too, have heard this album. It's abysmal. Complete and absolute rubbish. And to bring it full circle to the OP's comments, it's even more boring than Flowers' solo effort. Of the twelve, I might pick up three with some free mp3 promo credits from Amazon, but I can't bring myself to spend any of my own money on this album.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 2:32:10 AM PDT
Devin Dai says:
I heard this album already and I actually really liked it. It is different for sure so don't be expecting anything too similar to their older stuff!
It definitely grew on me too, I liked it at first and after a few listens I like it a lot.
Favorite songs off the album: Here With Me, Be Still, Flesh and Bone, Be Still, Carry Me Home (Bonus track)

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 9:11:01 AM PDT
bass boy says:
How is the guitar in the mix on this new CD? I know it seemed kind of low on "Day and Age." I like change, too, but I would hate for The Killers to bury the guitar in the mix in favor of a wall of synthesizers/keyboards. I thought "Hot Fuss" and "Sam's Town" had a great balance between guitar/bass and piano/keyboards. :)

P.S. Drummer Ronnie Vanucci is awesome. I love the way he thrashes on the kit, both on their records and (especially) in concert.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:38:18 PM PDT
Every album sounds different, and i'd be dissapointed if they tried to go back to an old sound. I'm done doubting this band, i've loved just about everything they put out (sam's town was an amazing and complete album) and as long as brandon flowers is singing with that keyboard in the background i'll keep buying.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Battle Born forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 21, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battle Born
Battle Born by The Killers (Audio CD - 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (398)