5.0 out of 5 stars This show is fantastic!!!!!, August 20, 2011
I fell in love with Boston Med last season and was wishing it (or something like it) would return. Upon searching, I discovered that Hopkins aired a few years ago. I was extremely happy that Amazon had the whole seaon for purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars must see tv, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Hopkins Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Absolutely loved this show. Anyone in the medical field should watch this. Riveting tv. Only wished there were more seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and Honest Portrayal of the Life of a Medical/Surgical Resident!, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Hopkins Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
This series is a realistic portrayal of residents and fellows at various levels of there post-medical school training at one of the very best teaching and research hospitals in the country. Too many medically-themed television programs in the past and present like to portray medical residents, especially surgical residents, as having huge amounts of play time after work when in reality all surgical residents prefer to do is sleep and "veg-out" when they have finish call. Reality as a resident is not glamorous and the stress it puts on a marriage, relationship, or even on a friendship all to often increases the probability that the end result will not be good. Yet, I give the series a 5-star rating for this authentic accuracy and honesty for I know that many other residents shared the experiences that I did in our training to become excellent physicians. I recommend this show to all medical students and residents and their families and friends so that both can better understand what really goes on in medical and surgical postgraduate training. It may not be as glamorous or as entertaining as some of the more popular medical shows, but it's real! Calvin P. Boyd MD

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Hopkins Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I have watched the series as well as Boston Med multiple times....really is inspiring if you need a little motivation to be better in life

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Hopkins Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I loved this documentary, wish there were more episodes. I can understand why the surgeons love what they do. The opportunity to possibly really make a difference in a life has got to be a huge driving force getting them through the long hours, the stress, and the heart aches.
My only negative comment is that the makers of this documentary put too much emphasis on finding the most attractive doctors to film. I'm sure there are plenty of average looking people practicing medicine at Hopkins. Their choices made it a little less "real", a little too Hollywood.
I'm just glad I live close enough to go there if I ever need a transplant.

5.0 out of 5 stars realistic and an honest look at the institution and its people, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Hopkins Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
A great series for anyone with an interest in medicine. A great series for premed students and grads as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars hopkins, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Hopkins Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I feel like I really benefited from all the information given on this real er show.
It is very informative and I enjoy watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting and Emotional, April 20, 2013
Be prepared for an emotional roller coaster. My wife and I love NY and Boston Med, and then we discovered Hopkins and love it! There is something unique about knowing these are actual lives and not just made-for-TV drama. Be ready to shed a tear or two. 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars great but no Boston Med, August 22, 2012
This review is from: Hopkins Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
It was great for a first attempt but I do not think anything can top Boston Med. This is better than NY Med at the moment as well

ARRAY(0xa68bf1c8)