Slim and tone with every stride on the Horizon Fitness EX-79 elliptical trainer with unique MaxTone arched pedal design. This innovative new feature promotes good posture, improves circulation, and activates your calves, legs, and glutes in addition to providing a great cardio workout. This SixStar Certified machine also offers a ZEROgap overlapping pedal motion, eliminating stress on your back and hips, and a long, 20-inch FLATellipse foot path to simulate higher speed activities like running. The EX-79 also features a 20-level power incline that enables you to train more muscles in less time. Equipped with Nike + iPod®, you can reach your fitness goals faster by saving your workout data straight to your iPod®. On top of it all, the EX-79 also offers 11 motivating programming options and a COOLfit fitness fan to keep you comfortable.
Reach new heights with the SixStar Certified EX-79 Elliptical Trainer from Horizon Fitness, featuring 20 levels of power incline that lets you train more muscles for better and faster results. This Nike and iPod-equipped elliptical also saves your workout data directly to your iPod, while you workout to your favorite playlists on the iPod/MP3-compatible speaker system.
The Ex-79 console features 10 program options with on-the-fly adjustments.
Derived from extensive biomechanics research and user panel testing, SIXstar Certification is a unique combination of the six key elements needed to deliver the smoothest, most natural elliptical feel available.
- ZEROgap provides ideal pedal placement with zero distance between them to eliminate stress on hips and back
- StraightUP body posture keeps your body upright for maximum comfort, minimal fatigue, and faster results
- Low, 10-inch step-on height to make it safer and easier to get on and off this elliptical
- Optimal handlebar spacing puts grips within ideal reach and distance for both small and large-framed users
- The 18-inch FLATellipse foot path provides a more natural foot path, mimicking walking and running motions while minimizing fatigue
- The large drive pulley ratio increases the angular momentum of the elliptical so you get the smoothest, most efficient motion possible
Sonic Surround Speakers
In addition to two quality speakers, the console includes an MP3 input for playing your favorite workout music, and a headphone output for privacy.
Made for iPod + Nike
Automatically save your workout data directly to your iPod� and track your progress on nikerunning.com. Dock and control your iPod directly from the console as you workout to your favorite playlists on the Sonic Surround speaker system.
Maxtone Arch Pedal
Unique arched pedal design slims and shapes leg muscles and glutes with ease.
Take your workouts to the next level by increasing intensity with the power incline, ranging from 0-100%, allowing you to train more muscles in less time for better results.
All-access. The front-drive design and low step-on height combine to make even first-time elliptical users more comfortable and confident.
The long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match your natural motion for more comfort and less recovery time.
Dependable performance. A heavy-duty flywheel and magnetic brake resistance give Horizon ellipticals smooth, quiet and consistent starts and stops.
Stride and Pedal System
A natural advantage. The long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match your natural motion for more comfort and less recovery time.
- Heavy-duty 17.6-lb. flywheel provides smooth, fluid movement.
- Magnetic brake resistance is quiet and consistent.
- 20 levels of power incline and 20 electronic resistance levels enable you to control the intensity of your workout and target specific muscle groups.
- Rear access and low pedal height for easy entry and exit
- 2 red LED windows and an 8-digit alphanumeric window display heart rate and other key workout feedback at a glance
- Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 player input makes it easy to exercise to your favorite workout playlist; includes headphone output
- COOLfit fitness fan keeps you cool as you workout
- Nike + iPod equipped fitness tracking; 11 programs measure time, distance, calories with 3 workouts (rolling, mountain, reverse train); 2 custom
- Advanced Goal Center with a 1 to 31 day goal tracking option to help you track your progress
- New SIXstar Certified platform
- Low 11-inch step-on height
- 17.6 pound flywheel
- Magnetic brake resistance
- 1-20 electronic resistance range
- 20-inch FLATellipse foot path
- Power incline; 20 levels
- MaxTone footpad
- 11 program options with on-the-fly changes plus Advanced Goal Center
- Pulse grips
Optimal handlebar spacing puts grips within ideal reach and distance for both small and large-framed users.
- Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 input and headphone output
- COOLfit fitness fan
- Frame and Brake Warranty: Lifetime
- Parts Warranty: 2 years
- In-Home Labor: 1 year
- Weight Capacity: 325 pounds
- Resistance Range: 1-20; electronic
- Flywheel: 17.6 pounds
- Elevation Range: 0 - 100 percent at 5 percent intervals (true range: 16 degrees)
- Stride Length: 20-inch FLATellipse foot path
- Pivoting Foot Plate: Yes
- Footpad: MaxTone Arch Pedal
- Console Feedback: 2 red LED windows, 8-digit alphanumeric LED window
- Speakers Speakers with Made for iPod dock and controls
- Fan Yes - COOLfit fitness fan
- Hand Grips: Pulse grips
- Weight Capacity: 325 pounds
- Dimensions Assembled: 75 by 22 by 65 inches (L x W x H)
- Dimensions Boxed: 50 by 30 by 21 inches (L x W x H)
About Horizon Fitness
Horizon is part of Johnson Health Tech, one of the largest manufacturers of fitness equipment in the world. They are committed to designing, engineering, and manufacturing superior products for health clubs and homes. Horizon's manufacturing facilities rank among the most sophisticated in the industry, with an intricate mix of robotics and skilled workers that maintain the highest standards of accuracy and quality. Every stage of manufacturing has a testing phase and 10 percent of Horizon's products go through a rigorous quality inspection that includes completely taking them apart and reassembling them.