Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$4.49

on March 28, 2008
I started reading the Horrid Henry series to my kids when we lived in England, and I am so pleased that it is available in the US and on Amazon. My two boys love this book and I have actually had tears running down my face and had to stop reading because of laughing so hard. My oldest son is re-reading all the books in this series on his own now and he still loves them. They are set in England, so the language is more British, but not so much as to be difficult to read or follow. Happy reading!
on March 1, 2012
Reason for Reading: Our son has reading difficulties and after much debate the family bought an ereader. Ds read this book aloud as his reader and as his very first ebook. Horrid Henry is a favourite of his.

This book was exactly what one expects from Horrid Henry. After having read only the first book in the series ds and I are both fans. Reading this book further along in the series we found two things had changed, Henry has gotten somewhat meaner *but* he usually ends up with the short end of the stick when all is said and done, which makes his escapades easier to swallow when you know he won't totally get away with it. Ds finds Harry funny and is continuously going "Oh Man!" with the things he gets up to but ds also thinks Henry is a bit too much and takes things too far. He wouldn't like to have him in his class, that is for sure! We both really enjoyed all the stories in this book and we agree upon our favourite being the titular one where he accidentally wears girl's underwear to school.

This book was very hard for ds to read, so we read pretty much in tandem with me reading any words he struggled with to avoid frustration as he thoroughly enjoyed the ebook reading experience and took to it like a fish to water. He says he wants all his books on the Kindle now. Well that isn't going to exactly happen but we are going to take advantage of this format and see if it is the thing that will set off his reading abilities.
on May 5, 2011
I purchased this book so that my 7-year old son would have something to read on my Kindle that was appropriate for him. He loved reading this book, and we read many parts together, which was fun together time. A nice break from some of the other trade books at this age level. May be more appropriate for 2nd grade reading levels.
on March 22, 2015
My 8 year old son laughs and laughs reading these books. He says they are really funny. He stays interested in them all the way through. He likes that Horrid Henry does everything wrong. It makes him feel better about himself. Both parents also found the books entertaining and well-written.
Horrid and good. Henry realizes that he has accidentally worn the bright pink "big girl" panties his goofy great-aunt Greta sent him for his birthday.

This is an accelerated reader book. I'm always looking for interesting AR books for my children to read since they have to have so many points every grading period. (AR) reading level 3.3 - AR Pts: 1.0
on January 11, 2015
These books are not appropriate for children, by any means. In the beginning of each story, I thought to myself, "What a terrible attitude this child has, I can't wait for the end where he learns to listen." That never happens. The only thing these books teach are how to disrespect your parents and disregard all authority. I would never recommend these to anyone.
on April 27, 2012
This is the first Horrid Henry series we've read and my 6yo daughter absolutely loves it. We discuss what Henry is doing wrong and she understands that the stories are meant to teach her a lesson. She loves reading this on her own, too. This is the first book that I've read to her that wasnt' a picture book so I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't hold her attention but the stories were funny and interesting enough that she didn't need to see a picture. I will be purchasing more books from the Horrid Henry series.
on February 10, 2013
Unfortunately, I bought each book for my seven year old son. Even he could not believe how "horrible" Henry behaved with absolutely NO consequences. One book has Henry singing about hitting an old person on the head with a cane. I am "horrified" that these books are published and further shocked they have been endorsed by parents. These books are so deplorable I will not pass along to friends or donate. They will end up in the garbage where they belong. Reckless content pretty much sums it up. Oh, I looked at the author's photo and let's just say I wasn't surprised.
on June 18, 2011
My daughter is 7 years and absolutely loves the Horrid Henry books. They are written at a level that she can try to read herself, but with some very challenging words. They are also fun to read to her. I would highly recommend these stories.
on June 23, 2014
My 9 year old son loved this book and said he will read it again. The best critics for children's books are children themselves. This one is definitely worth a read/purchase!