5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful
Published on March 1, 2008 by alaskan-chatterbox

2.0 out of 5 stars Probabaly not for a 5 year old...
Published on December 14, 2011 by BeeSays

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, March 1, 2008
This review is from: Horse Crazy (DVD)
Horse Crazy a delightful story of two 8 year old boys and a 7 year old girl who sneak a ride in a car to Nevada to lasso themselves three wild mustangs and ride them home. They experience lessons of honestly, over coming fears, teamwork, and friendship that will bound them for a life time. Even the older brother (maybe 20'sh) learns how special and important his brother and sister are and a little about himself. I don't think you have to have small children left in the house to buy this movie. My children are grown and I still bought it. I laughted, almost cried with delight and even found myself sitting on the edge of my seat as the kids undergone some of their adventures. BUY IT! I have watched it over and over again and love it even more each time I view it.
I tried to rate it 5 stars but it wouldn't let me rate it. Great gift for children who already know the difference between right and wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Horse Thieves Picked the wrong horse., September 30, 2003
This review is from: Horse Crazy [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a greatr family film of children drying to make their dreams real. One boy feels he can get to see the Mustang horse he dreams about and stowsawy in his brothers car to cross city;s through the plains. ANyhow, the kids are busted in their hiding, and the Brother makes them waut with the broken down car while he goes to find help. The kids use this time again to plot and find their dream horse in the wild. The Cinematography is beautiful of the west and there is a lot of comflict bewteen villians (horse thieves) and downright good people in heart. Who offered to help find the kids while they abandoned the car to find their mystical horse. If you enjoyed the adventures of Goonies and the story of Stand By Me, you will find not a such complex of socializtion going on among groups, but rather a boys determination to catch the last wild horse. Good clean family movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story, July 18, 2004
This review is from: Horse Crazy [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a wonderful story and a great film for the whole family. We just watched it for the fifth time and my four year old is crazy about it. The story line is cute and the actors do a great job. The scenery if beautiful and you can't go wrong with this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy about Horse Crazy, February 7, 2003
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Horse Crazy [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This movie is my favorite movie. I think anyone between the ages of five and eleven, and anyone who likes horses, would really like this movie. The characters are likable and funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet family movie!, July 29, 2006
This review is from: Horse Crazy (DVD)
This is a very cute family movie about three kids who hide in their brothers trunk of his car when he leaves for Nevada. The horse crazy kids thought they could catch a wild horse and bring it home after seeing a tape on wild horses in class.It gets a tad more complicated with two bad guys going after a prize winning horse they want to capture and get money for. But it interlocks with the storyline,and makes for a very sweet show! It can catch the eye of all ages. I am thirteen and my sisters are,ten,and four and we all have watched this show for years now,renting it over and over again at the video store. I would recommend it to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, January 25, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Horse Crazy [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I really like "Horse Crazy". I think it has a good story line and I liked the actors and the horses. I esspecially liked the part when the children were getting rid of the bad guys. That was pretty funny. If you like horses and you like adventure and Nevada landscape, you should watch this movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Family Entertainment, January 17, 2006
Holly R. Lagasse (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horse Crazy (DVD)
This is a very entertaining movie, and not irritating (like many kids' movies can be) when your kids want to watch it several times in a row. Absolutely beautiful footage of the desert, gorgeous horse, and really cute kids. Three kids stow away in big brother's car, with the plan to capture three wild mustangs in the Nevada desert and "ride them home for supper". Lots of exciting scenes, the kids get to be the heroes, and it isn't too scary for the little ones. Our teenaged neighbors enjoy the movie, just as much as my not-yet-teens do.

I suspect that the "professional movie reviewer" who gave this movie a bad rating wasn't really watching the movie, since she got the entire plot wrong. Definitely worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Family DVD, January 29, 2009
This review is from: Horse Crazy (DVD)
Horse crazy is a great family dvd. No bad words or compromising situations. We love this dvd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Probabaly not for a 5 year old..., December 14, 2011
This review is from: Horse Crazy (DVD)
I thought my almost 5 year old, horse-obsessed daughter would love this movie. While she liked it, there were some things I didn't like about it. There's kidnapping first off, which isn't violent, but certainly not what I expected. Then there's a trusted family friend who turns out to be a "good guy gone bad", which just again isn't sending a message a 5 year old should be getting (IMO). There was a lot of anger, yelling and to be honest, NOT a whole lot of horse in it.

3.0 out of 5 stars for kids, April 17, 2013
dennyblue (RIVERSIDE, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horse Crazy (DVD)
It had some interesting things for little kids, imagination, and adventure and love. It was a good movie not esp for adults.

Horse Crazy
Horse Crazy by Eric Hendershot (DVD - 2006)
Used & New from: $7.37