Customer Discussions > On Bullshit forum

Horsehockey

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 27, 2012 1:34:31 PM PDT
Faithblahblah said, "Grace is the active power of "God" / Infinite Consciousness and in the non-dual state is THAT which recognizes ITs own Perfect and Infinite SELF.. as all that IS and IS Not. It is not really something the dualistic mind can fully grasp since it will always appear to be an Either/ Or proposition. But from the non-dual State which is ALL Inclusive... duality exists within the non-dual as an aspect of it."

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 4:16:25 PM PDT
On the Free Republic website, a poster calling himself, "Eye of Unk," wrote, "I can easily blame Moslems for a terrible event even if they actually have absolutely nothing to do with it. Because the[y] don't deserve any protection whatsoever, to give them safe harbor a fraction of an inch emboldens them only stronger."

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 10:44:46 AM PDT
I think it's interesting that Amazon would sell a book with that title and have a forum for discussion of that book and ancillary topics, yet if I or someone else attempted to use one particular word from that title, that post would be deleted, if it ever got past the nannybots in the first place. It's difficult to detect any kind of consistency here.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 11:06:00 AM PDT
On the Christianity Forum thread, "ChicK-Fil-A," after I had pointed out her use of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, the poster calling herself "Birutegal" wrote,

I see that you don't know the meaning of the "no true Scotsman" argument. I did not use it here at all. Clearly, those who commit atrocities are doing them in DISOBEDIENCE to Christ's teachings.

Get the difference?

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:07:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 12:09:19 PM PDT
On the "Think Atheist" website, a person traveling under the name of "Creationism and the Origin of Life" said in a debate with someone calling himself "Mr. Good Without God",

There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note "waves"). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they wer...e in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!

Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.

That is why the oceans are so deep, and why there are folded mountain ranges. Indeed, if the entire earth's surface were leveled by smoothing out the topography of not only the land surface but also the rock surface on the ocean floor, the waters of the ocean would cover the earth's surface to a depth of 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers). We need to remember that nearly 70 percent of the earth's surface is still covered by water. Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 4:06:28 PM PDT
On The Spearhead W. F. Price wrote,

'For feminism to exist as a valid movement, there must be violent conflict, so many of the efforts of feminists have sought to provoke just that. For example, in teaching that women must "take back the night" from men, women were encouraged to be militant against all males, which can only have unfortunate results, given the hands-down male superiority in combat. Women have further been encouraged to fight men in all areas of society rather than cooperate with them, which is guaranteed to create some violently anti-female men. Unsurprisingly, more mentally unstable and out-of-luck men are lashing out violently against women, just as feminists have always hoped for.

'You see, for a feminist to justify her job there must be some degree of brutality against women. Gender war is essential to feminism. So, if you are a feminist, the hapless women murdered or assaulted by the damaged men feminists have created are necessary sacrifices for advancing the feminist agenda. It's a pretty simple concept. Too bad for the girls who ended up on the wrong end of these men's rage, but hey, if you're a female senator or staffer it's good business for your cause. And we all know that feminism has never been about the typical woman who lives a humble life, but rather the ambitious elite who want to have access to the big boys and big money on Capitol Hill and Wall Street.

'Women's best bet for security is not in denouncing and fighting men, as feminists would have it, but in cooperating with them and taking on their proper role. Feminists would willingly sacrifice women for their own power, but ordinary men will sacrifice themselves for the women in their families.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 4:45:01 AM PDT
zoltán says:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1M9TK6UGAX6EO&cdMsgID=Mx314U4K7Z7ASS9&cdMsgNo=6095&cdPage=244&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2KHJJXPFVOMRF#Mx314U4K7Z7ASS9

http://www.amazon.com/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1M9TK6UGAX6EO&cdMsgID=Mx19KIM9EXGKM9F&cdMsgNo=6117&cdPage=245&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2KHJJXPFVOMRF#Mx19KIM9EXGKM9F

http://www.amazon.com/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1M9TK6UGAX6EO&cdMsgID=Mx11CCSY9RKHXTL&cdMsgNo=6127&cdPage=246&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2KHJJXPFVOMRF#Mx11CCSY9RKHXTL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 10:38:50 AM PDT
LOL! I have that little twerp on ignore, so I missed all the fun! He's like one of those little kids who assumes that if he doesn't see someone, that means that the person has vanished. It would never occur to him that he was looking in the wrong places...Hah!

For all of MacQuid's accusing me without evidence of either having an army of sock puppets or being in an army of sock puppets, he hasn't addressed his own problem with multiple identities. I have it on good authority that he has been on Amazon for several years with these names:

Macheath
Monte Cristo
Homer Wells
Quid est Veritas
Schrödinger's Cat
Schrödinger's catnip
Alex DeLarge
Noche obscura del alma
Strange Theory of Light and Matter

There may be more. Many of those pre-date me, since I have been here only since 2009. It's funny how often I really get under the skin of believers. MacQuid is obsessed with me, Jen (aka KNYN, aka Jennifer I. Kenyon) keeps mentioning me as she tries to rewrite history, Doc Mikey (aka MJO, aka Michael J. Olivieri, MD) can't help but bring me into conversations out of the blue. I must be doing something right.

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 2:10:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2013 11:54:37 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 12:00:09 PM PDT
On the Yahoo Answers website, "adam" wrote:

Why are most atheists so primitive & dumbed down?
Is it because satanic, anti-God Illuminati propaganda is usually really, really stupid? Hitler said that the most effective propaganda must appeal to the lowest minds of whom it seeks to influence.

All the vile, violent, mindless, corrupt, crude, disgusting, foolish, stupid, demoralizing, anti-intelligence propaganda in the mainstream media is usually full of satanic symbolism, Cultural Marxism political correctness, secularist ideologies, pagan new age egoism nonsense, and especially anti-God, anti-Christian, anti-philosophical principles of logic, anti-family, anti-morality messages.

So the poor atheists really have no smart idols to worship in God's place, only really stupid ones like youth-dehumanization movies/songs/shows.

The only people they have are: 1.Bill Maher, who blatantly lies about Protestantism being the same as Catholicism in the middle ages, and spews the zeitgeist myths while doing the same Masonic hand signs as any other satanic Illuminati media jester. 2.Sam Harris, who makes things up based on opinion, and generalizes religions while lying about them having anything to do with war. 3.Hitchens, who died a miserable failure of debate against William Lane Craig. 4.The Amazing Atheist, who's just a fat, retarded buffoon who obviously got picked up by Illuminati & paid to use stupidity to sway the minds of his mildly-retarded, miserable God-hating, good-hating fans. 5.Aron Ra, who admits that he's a satanic liar who would brainwash his fellow man against God til' death even if he didn't pretend to be an atheist.

The poor psychopaths can't even trust their idols, because they understand by personal experience that their fellow atheists are just as amorally deceptive as they are.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  On Bullshit forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 27, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
On Bullshit
On Bullshit by Harry G. Frankfurt (Hardcover - January 30, 2005)
3.5 out of 5 stars (283)