Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 14, 2007
Mark Rashid is one of the worlds truly kind gentlemen and these stories reflect that specialness. This book is a collection of true stories he tells about meaningful events in his life. Each chapter is a different story, which after reading any one of them, I found myself quietly reflecting on the specialness of it and the ways it helped me appreciate my own life lessons. It's a great book to have by your bed and read one story each night before turning off the light.

I've had the pleasure of auditing a couple clinics taught by Mark and can vouch for the fact that he "walks his talk". Pick up any of Mark's book and give them a read. You'll be entertained and inspired as a result!
on November 27, 2007
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. My only complaint is that is was too short. I finished it in 1 setting and could not put it down. I am on Amazon now searching for his other books and will add to my collection very soon. Highly recommended!
on September 21, 2007
This was a fun book to read. Being 'part' of Mark's life through his stories is such an adventure as well as offering wonderful teaching points. His tales of the draft horses has given me a new fondness for these hard-working giants. I'd recommend this book to not only horse lovers but also those who love to 'listen' to a good story. Mark's style of writing puts the reader right there with him in the thick of things.
on July 10, 2007
Once again Mark Rashid has given us some really good stories that warm the heart. While this one does not contain much about training horses, it is a worthwhile read.
on February 13, 2008
This book is true to Mark Rashid's simple and entertaining writing style with some nice stories. It is a very quick read. Not fine literature, but a nice way to spend a lazy afternoon. It is not a training manual, just some nice stories about Mark's life with animals.
on October 20, 2014
Heartwarming tales of real life ranching! Evidence of the life giving connection between humans and animals. Mr. Rashid writes with compassionate understanding of the natural world. Highly recommended read.
on August 3, 2012
I have and have read and reread almost all of Mark Rashid's books. How can I not? They are all so very well written and have so much of importance to say and in such a friendly, entertaining way. Actually, I guess I'd have to say that this is the least of the books I've read by Mr. Rashid but that isn't to say that it isn't top knotch. I just keep buying and sending this great little story book to family and friends, who cares if they live in Horsedom or not, they all love it.
Lucia
on August 23, 2008
Good book very well written. I would have liked some stories about the "old man" if you are familiar with Mark's other work you know what I mean. But still lot's of fun and great stories !!!
on December 9, 2013
I love any book of Mark Rashid's, but this one seems more personal in his experiences. It relates more of him growing up and learning the way of horses.
on July 17, 2013
All of Mark's books are so heartfelt and great entertainment. I hope he writes more, I've read this one and his others several times. I love his work!