Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

100%

I'm old enough to have missed most of the wonderful Dr. Seuss books during my childhood, but I'm having a lot of fun discovering them through my Kindle Fire. This app is a digital version of the story "Horton Hatches the Egg." You can read the story in your choice of three modes:

1. Read the book yourself.
2. Let a narrator read the book aloud, with you flipping the pages.
3. Let a narrator read the book aloud and flip the pages.

The book is rated for children (ages 9 and under), and even preschoolers should enjoy it in the narration mode. The story is simple enough for very young kids to understand. Like other Dr. Seuss stories, it's as much fun for grownups as it is for kids.

"Horton Hatches the Egg" is a cute story and one that teaches a lesson about honoring your word. Horton could have abandoned Mayzie's egg when it was obvious that she wasn't returning to the nest, but he stayed through thick and thin until the egg hatched. (If you don't know the story, you'll be surprised at the outcome!)

I've read several of the illustrated interactive Dr. Seuss apps, and this one has one of the biggest vocabularies of any I've yet read. The words are simple ones, however, and most school-age kids should have already heard the words, but seeing each word highlighted while it's pronounced is a powerful learning tool.
on May 19, 2013
I read it to my kindergarten class and they loved it, but I like the fact I can let them read it, and or have the kindle read it, just like Green eggs and Ham. It talks about keeping your word 100 per cent and I think that is an important quality to have
on June 22, 2013
It's Dr. Seuss. The books we all know and love. I love the narration and the features. Each word is highlighted during narration and the repeats the words if you tap them. Also if to tap the pictures it says and shows the word. Fun reading encouragement app. We also have Both Dr. Seuss collection apps. Great value. My 5 yr old son loves to listen to them in the car.
on September 6, 2012
As usual OM books delivers another Dr. Seuss classic in top form.

My 5 yr old loves all of them (all the OM Dr. Seuss I have purchased, which is almost all of them).
Excellent execution of a beloved classic.
on April 24, 2013
My son absolutely loves Horton and this book is no exception! He (and I both) really like to turn on the auto play so he can sit and watch it like a movie.
on September 21, 2012
taking a car trip? get a kindle!!! going to wait at the doctors? get a kindle!!! dad going to visit the hardware department? get a kindle!!! it reads out loud, the perfect kids books. the dr. seuss classics!!! those exquisite gems the tots to preteen love to hear and read.
on March 15, 2014
bought this to use with our granddaughters / grandson...wife is a 36 year retired 1st grade school teacher who has used dr seuss for all of those years and knows how well it works in learning...
on March 16, 2014
What a wonderful story of commitment! My grandson is enthralled by this book and the wonderful message, and it helps him continue to build his early reading skills. Definitely a great buy.
on December 22, 2013
This inter-active app makes the book even more fun. Horton is my favorite Seuss character. He has such great qualities.
on March 20, 2014
These apps are terrific. My son (4 yrs old) asks me to use them every day! He can't get enough of them.