Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Size: 3 Feet|Change
Price:$3.34+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 28, 2013
It costs less than a good sandwich, is longer than most pythons, and works effectively. Used to connect a MacBook Pro to a pair of M-Audio BX5a's. Plug, play, enjoy.
on October 8, 2010
Nothing much to say...

It takes a stereo audio signal from a 3.5mm (1/8") and splits them into individual mono signals. One for the right channel (labeled appropriately as "Tip") and one for the left ("Ring").

The build quality as absolutely fantastic for the price. Forget about Monster Cable. These are solid, very well built and work incredibly well for a fraction of the price.

I currently have this connecting my computer to my M-Audio Studiophile AV40s and they're absolutely fantastic.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2008
I was having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of cables do I need to connect my laptop to my monitors. Laptop, as you know, generally has a 3.5mm TRS out. My monitors, on the other hand, have a 1/4" TRS input. After researching a bit on the internet, I found these cables. The cable length helps me place my monitors at a decent distance from each other (and I can have them at an elevation too!). These cables are serving the purpose pretty well. I am satisfied with this product.
VINE VOICEon July 25, 2010
HOSA is making a real name for themselves in terms of quality low cost well made cable assemblies. This is every bit a professional quality patch cord. I bought it because I recently purchased a pair of amplified speakers from M-audio which feature professional 1/4" TRS inputs (differential) to cut hum and noise from the signal.

The HOSA input is the quietest of all 3 inputs on the speaker system by 6dB. It sounds great, works great, and didn't set me back a fortune.

I own several HOSA TRS/XLR adapters and have never had a problem with them. I would not expect one with this cable set given its construction quality and strain relief on all ends. Don't let the low cost fool ya - there's a good cable set here. And to the commenter who complained it's mono - it is 2 x mono - on any mixing panel that is how stereo inputs are achieved - one signal per channel. HOSA also makes 1/8 to 1/4 STEREO single plug cable sets, but you must look at the picture and read the description to ensure it is exactly the gender and size you want. I know the fustration of having the wrong cable adapter, hence I keep my build your own kit handy when what's in the cable box doesn't do it.
on September 26, 2011
I use these for my Bx5a's to my pc and they work. It's all they need to do, no sound degradation and firm connection, get them.
on July 7, 2014
The cable itself is fine, transmits signal just fine. The plugs however seem to be undersized and not true industry specs. The 3.5mm TRS plug simply falls into any hole I put it into (hot dog down a hallway) with no definitive click or tactile feedback that it is seated. the 1/4" TS plugs are a little better but are also loose in there respective sockets and can become scratchy if bumped. I only have the 2 monitors to use the 1/4" TS plugs in but I did test the 3.5mm TRS plug in everything I could and its the same loose feeling. My Kicker ear buds have a positive click and snap into all the same plugs and so does my super cheap 3.5 to 3.5mm male to male cord so its not my ports being loose it is this guy being too small to be adequate.

I primarily got this to hook a pair of studio monitors to my PC and while it does work I have to constantly check the 3.5mm end, and every so often it needs to be inserted all the way again because it has slid out.
on January 26, 2012
I am using this cable to hook my Ipod or Macbook to my mixer. It works and sounds good. The wire is nice and thick and the connecters feel solid.
on September 12, 2010
The construction quality appears to be good. It was well labeled with Tip and Ring, so I could hook up channels correctly. For this type of cable the Left Channel is the TIP and Right Channel is the Ring. I used this cable to connect my iPod to my Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer. The quality of the sound was good, I will buy Hosa cables in the future.
review image
on April 27, 2012
I've purchased four of these for my podcasting setup and I haven't had a single one go bad on me yet. If your recording skype calls through your PC using an external mixer these cables are a MUST. I use two separate computers so I've got four of these guys plugged into my mixer. Most people use a fancy software solution to allow them to record things like Skype calls or soundboards and then use a USB microphone. I prefer doing it the messy/hard way. To record my co-host I plug one of these cables into the headphone slot which pushes his audio to the mixer (where it combines with my XLR mic input for my voice) and then I have another one of these cables plugged into the mixers master out and plugged into my computers microphone jack. If you want to check the audio quality you can just listen to a few minutes of my podcast at HolyShatt.net. Bottom line these cables are the best bang for your buck you'll find. I have seen some people complain about the quality. While I can confirm they are a little light on the shielding, it makes them easier to work with. Unless you're traveling a lot for recording, just practice good cable management (don't have these resting on power cords) and you'll be just fine. Besides they're cheap enough to keep a few spares on hand, not that I've needed them :)
on May 23, 2013
I was skeptical because of the cost, but I have them hooked up to my KRK Rokit 5 monitors and they everything sounds just fine. A good buy.